This weeks look (laugh) at the Power Rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-16-power-rankings-cowboys-on-the-rise-after-impressive-win-over-rams-49ers-drop-four-spots/

# 9 Bills  (10-4)  no change

They are in the playoffs, which not many saw coming. The defense has really impressed this season. Can they beat the Patriots in Foxboro with that unit playing well?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001089155/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-16-saints-leapfrog-seahawks-49ers

9 TEXANS (9-5)   Previous rank: No. 10  :cry: 

10  BILLS (10-4)   Previous rank: No. 11

For the second time in 21 years, the Buffalo Bills are headed to the playoffs. Oh, hell, let's spin positive. For the second time in three years, the Buffalo Bills are headed to the playoffs. They got there in style, intercepting four Duck Hodges passes in a 17-10 win over the Steelers at Heinz Field in front of Al, Cris, Michele and the world. Tiebreaker scenarios make an AFC East title unlikely, even in the event of a win over the Patriots in Foxborough next week, but who cares? The Bills have punched their ticket ... and do you really want to face this defense on a cold day in January? So much of the credit for this Buffalo turnaround belongs to Sean McDermott, who managed to import to Western New York the dominant style of defense he built in Carolina. This team is hungry, and it believes.

9. Buffalo Bills (10-4)   Week 15 ranking: 10

Offseason in two words: More playmakers

Buffalo reached the double-digit win plateau in 2019 largely on the strength of an elite defense that often carried a sputtering offense. The goal this offseason must be to continue to surround Josh Allen with a full arsenal of offensive weapons -- and build an offense that can provide this defense more of a lead to play with. The Bills have a full complement of draft picks and an estimated $90 million in salary-cap space; even after they take care of in-house players such as Tre'Davious White, Matt Milano, Dion Dawkins and Jordan Poyer, they'll still have plenty of resources at their disposal. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/17/nfl-power-rankings-poll-week-16-ravens-saints-49ers

9. BUFFALO BILLS (10-4)    Previous rank: 9
Highest-place vote: 9 (5 voters)  Lowest-place vote: 10 (2 voters)  

This week: at New England (Sat.)

Not a pretty win for Buffalo, but one that confirmed their defense is to be taken very, very seriously come January. Yes, the Steelers offense is useless, but five takeaways helped cover the warts on Buffalo’s similarly shoddy O. Still, Josh Allen only turned it over once and engineered this drive to put the Bills ahead for good and set up a surprisingly pivotal Week 16 AFC East showdown with the Patriots.

WaPo   https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/12/17/nfl-power-rankings-week-shocking-loss-by-ers-rearranges-top-five/

9. Buffalo Bills (10-4) | Last Week’s Rank: 10

The Bills are in the playoffs for the second time this century and they still have a slim chance to overtake the Patriots in the AFC East. Their rugged defense will pose a major problem Saturday for Tom Brady and the Patriots.

No one pays attention to the Buffalo Bills. But they’re back in the playoffs after winning in Pittsburgh.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

I checked half a dozen power rankings earlier today, and found the Bills ranked anywhere from 8 to 10.  The #8 ranking appeared to be an outlier.

Who had 8? 

never mind  The Sporting News 

8. Buffalo Bills, 10-4 (9)

The Bills threw down their most impressive victory of their breakout season with their defensive dominance of the Steelers in Pittsburgh. They are showing they can do all the little and big things to win games in the playoffs, too

NFL power rankings: Packers, Chiefs, Seahawks rise; 49ers ...

The NFC is really strong this year.  Sea, SF, NO, GB, Minn are all going to be higher rates than Buffalo.  NE and Balt should be higher rates in the AFC at this point.   That's 7 teams right there, putting bills at 8.  Being 9 or 10 is accurate and a strong ranking I'd say. 

• Like (+1) 10

Until the offense can be relied on to win games, or at least score more than 16 points, they shouldn't really be any higher.  The problem is that Allen, while great at times, seems to still struggle with consistency, and I think that reflects in the rankings, which I truly don't subscribe to very often anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

The NFC is really strong this year.  Sea, SF, NO, GB, Minn are all going to be higher rates than Buffalo.  NE and Balt should be higher rates in the AFC at this point.   That's 7 teams right there, putting bills at 8.  Being 9 or 10 is accurate and a strong ranking I'd say. 

I honestly dont think GB, Minn or Sea are better than the Bills. I watch a lot of Seattle games as I live in Washington. Their defense isnt nearly as good as it has been, run game is meh... its really all Wilson magic at this point. If he isnt on point, they lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

@ walterfootball.com

Bills @ 10, calls them overrated; subsequently calls Pitts and Pats*** underrated

and the Titans @ 8

this guy literally has a fresh lobotomy each weekend...

• Haha (+1) 1

Regardless of the rankings (I have them at 8, above the Packers who are winning on fumes) 

the fact that they were right there with the Ravens, a consensus no.1 ,  gives them a credible shot to win against any team in the league.  

The best is yet to come!!!!

Edited by jethro_tull

11 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Until the offense can be relied on to win games, or at least score more than 16 points, they shouldn't really be any higher.  The problem is that Allen, while great at times, seems to still struggle with consistency, and I think that reflects in the rankings, which I truly don't subscribe to very often anyway.

The Bills have scored more than 16 points in 10 out of 15 games. That's not enough proof?

20 minutes ago, Say When... said:

@ walterfootball.com

Walter is a ***** idiot.  HTF are the Titians, who we beat, and have 2 less wins, still 2 spots ahead of us, let alone 4 spots the previous week?  Power rankings my ass.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2