Besides the Shout Song - what in stadium traditions do we have?

On 12/17/2019 at 12:33 PM, I am the egg man said:

"Besides the Shout Song - what in stadium traditions do we have ?"

Smoking up under the scoreboard end at halftime.

.....well it was into the 80's, then Polian ruined that.

he chased you all away with a big stick?

On 12/17/2019 at 9:29 AM, buffalobillsfootball said:

Went to the game this past weekend in Pittsburgh. Had an amazing time. 

Unlike Pat fans - I found the good people of Pittsburgh to be so hospitable and friendly - even in the stadium. 

This was also my first time to Pittsburgh - beautiful city. Really wish our “leaders”

in WNY would get out of our way for progress and development.  We have so much potential - just poor corrupt leadership on both sides of the isle. (No, lets not go any further into politics)

Anyhow - the in game experience was pretty cool. From the terrible towels, any time the ref announced some random number was an eligible receiver, and various hype videos - the crowd went absolutely crazy.  It was a lot of fun.

I will also add - I absolutely want a downtown stadium - I’ve been to games in Seattle, Baltimore, Tennessee, and now Pittsburgh. I love being able to walk (or just on the “T” as they call it in Pittsburgh) to a game.  I love how integrated the stadiums are into the urban fabric - and Seattle does it BEST.

With that said - I was always a fan of the Bills building a retractable roof - but those stadiums become so dated - so quickly - and now I’m officially in the outdoor stadium camp. Just downtown! We will make tailgating work sprinkled in with local bars and restaurants.

What would you like to see different or enhanced at our home games?

Go Bills!

I left Buffalo in 1987. Do they still sing the Talkin' Proud song at games?

• 1 month later...

Fighting?  Puking?  I suppose both of our big time sport franchises have nothing to offer in that regard. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hmm, this guy has a Bill hat on! 

as a warning, kinda gross

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1222217451544489990?s=21

I thought he displayed amazing control ... projectile vomiting would have been more onerous for those around him ???

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/18/2019 at 11:54 AM, bmur66 said:

I agree 1000%. Hate the train horn. So damn annoying. The buffalo herd was awesome. How could they ever get rid of that? It needs to come back.

Nothing says "were about to be run over, or get out of the way" on third down, like an effing train horn.

Edited by BUFFALOKIE
  • Like (+1) 1

Traditions?  Fighting.  People getting it on in the 300's.  Fighting.   Did I say fighting?  At the Sammy game winning catch Vikings game several years ago, a dude was about to fight a Vikings fan with his baby in a baby carrier strapped to his chest. And the kids mother was with him ready to fight.  Everybody in the surrounding rows were screaming, you got a baby! Ah, good times. Alcohol is helluva drug.  

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2019 at 2:28 PM, The Jokeman said:

No mention of the 7 Nation Army by the White Stripes on kickoffs?

I was at a few away games where opposing fans do this as well. Not so much in last year or two but when the song came out it was everywhere.  Never understood why people yell it like the shout song at tailgates

Wouldn't mean anything now, but back in the 90s, when the special teams were great, they used to play the Jaws theme for kickoffs and the fans would make like their arms were a shark's mouth opening and closing.