Besides the Shout Song - what in stadium traditions do we have?

Went to the game this past weekend in Pittsburgh. Had an amazing time. 

Unlike Pat fans - I found the good people of Pittsburgh to be so hospitable and friendly - even in the stadium. 

This was also my first time to Pittsburgh - beautiful city. Really wish our “leaders”

in WNY would get out of our way for progress and development.  We have so much potential - just poor corrupt leadership on both sides of the isle. (No, lets not go any further into politics)

Anyhow - the in game experience was pretty cool. From the terrible towels, any time the ref announced some random number was an eligible receiver, and various hype videos - the crowd went absolutely crazy.  It was a lot of fun.

I will also add - I absolutely want a downtown stadium - I’ve been to games in Seattle, Baltimore, Tennessee, and now Pittsburgh. I love being able to walk (or just on the “T” as they call it in Pittsburgh) to a game.  I love how integrated the stadiums are into the urban fabric - and Seattle does it BEST.

With that said - I was always a fan of the Bills building a retractable roof - but those stadiums become so dated - so quickly - and now I’m officially in the outdoor stadium camp. Just downtown! We will make tailgating work sprinkled in with local bars and restaurants.

What would you like to see different or enhanced at our home games?

Go Bills!

"Besides the Shout Song - what in stadium traditions do we have ?"

Smoking up under the scoreboard end at halftime.

.....well it was into the 80's, then Polian ruined that.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, buffalobillsfootball said:

Went to the game this past weekend in Pittsburgh. Had an amazing time. 

Unlike Pat fans - I found the good people of Pittsburgh to be so hospitable and friendly - even in the stadium. 

This was also my first time to Pittsburgh - beautiful city. Really wish our “leaders”

in WNY would get out of our way for progress and development.  We have so much potential - just poor corrupt leadership on both sides of the isle. (No, lets not go any further into politics)

Anyhow - the in game experience was pretty cool. From the terrible towels, any time the ref announced some random number was an eligible receiver, and various hype videos - the crowd went absolutely crazy.  It was a lot of fun.

I will also add - I absolutely want a downtown stadium - I’ve been to games in Seattle, Baltimore, Tennessee, and now Pittsburgh. I love being able to walk (or just on the “T” as they call it in Pittsburgh) to a game.  I love how integrated the stadiums are into the urban fabric - and Seattle does it BEST.

With that said - I was always a fan of the Bills building a retractable roof - but those stadiums become so dated - so quickly - and now I’m officially in the outdoor stadium camp. Just downtown! We will make tailgating work sprinkled in with local bars and restaurants.

What would you like to see different or enhanced at our home games?

Go Bills!

Short answer is I can think of no stadium traditions, other than fighting perhaps.

I would love to create some...

How about a concerted effort to have our own 7th inning stretch type moment, say as the game transitions from quarter 3 to quarter 4, in which the stadium sings Marv Levy's fight song, perhaps with some musical accompaniment over the PA system to help keep the crowd in tune.

American football needs way more singing.

EDIT:  Keep it to the first verse maybe; the song is too long

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 3

Everybody gets totally drunk. This is the legacy of in-stadium tradition. It was true at the old Rockpile and continues to this day. Unfortunately, there are a lot of mean drunks there. So I suppose fighting also has to be considered as a part of this tradition. Happens a few times every game.

I mean what else would you rather be doing on a Sunday afternoon in the fall? Get drunk and fight!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

KEEP THE TRAIN WHISTLE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m not a fan of it! But to each his own. I would like to see the white strips song gone for kickoffs. Too many teams use it. I want to hear the jaws anthem like it use to be played in the early 90’s. With everyone doing the shark bite arms . Now that was cool! Hell let’s bring back the mighty taco song too!

• Like (+1) 1

Throw dildos onto the field...,

hmmm, maybe a mass streaking event, flash mob style, or bring back whammy weenies.... it’s endless what we could do...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Everybody gets totally drunk. This is the legacy of in-stadium tradition. It was true at the old Rockpile and continues to this day. Unfortunately, there are a lot of mean drunks there. So I suppose fighting also has to be considered as a part of this tradition. Happens a few times every game.

I mean what else would you rather be doing on a Sunday afternoon in the fall? Get drunk and fight!

Don't forget cocaine and asscracks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2