A Few Thoughts about the Steelers Game, in no particular order

Virgil

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

14 - McD - I get that we called a trick play in there, but two rushes and a trick play before the 3 points was too timid for me, just as the last drive of three straight rushes were.  I know Daboll calls the plays, but McD needs to have some influence there; no matter how much he trusts his defense.  That's all I'm going to say about the coaching within the game

Yeah,With me you're preaching to the choir!

Edited by Buffaloflash
Clean up

We worry about the deep passes against us every week but at the end of the game the opposing QB has like 175 yards passing.  Amazing just how spoiled we have gotten with this defense compared to reality in today's NFL for 95% of the teams.

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

We worry about the deep passes against us every week but at the end of the game the opposing QB has like 175 yards passing.  Amazing just how spoiled we have gotten with this defense compared to reality in today's NFL for 95% of the teams.

I'm not worried about the deep pass so much as how they created them and how we can start to do the same.

I would like to see us start putting Brown in motion more.

Also, all of the shots except one came when Tre wasn't in coverage.  Shows either their quality or what other teams think of them

15 - My Win - I'm going to be very selfish here and talk about what made me smile as much as the win.  We had a few obnoxious fans around us in the upper deck.  Granted, an 8pm game gives people more time to pre-game and some special kind of people hang out in the decks and endzone, Bills games included.  Sadly, there was one Bills fan a few rows ahead of us that was taunting a Steelers fan, and when they responded in kind, she tried to threaten him.  She was obnoxious and I was sad to be associated with her as a fan.  However, the real show was the row in front and back of me.  One row up, four seats to my right was your typical mid-20's frat guy double fisting beers all game.  When the Steelers scored their FG, he was giving everyone the middle finger yelling F- You Buffalo (another reason I will not bring my daughter to a regular season game until she's at least a teenager).  He was like this on every good Steeler play.  When Allen found Kroft in the endzone, he quitely put his head down and headed for the exit.  Yes, he left that early and cowardly.

The girl almost directly behind me was the real star of the show.  She was everything I can't stand in a fair weather fan.  She knew nothing about football, but talked like she did.  Just wouldn't shut up the entire game, talking about the 1pm games and how the Rams could have possible lost, how every Steeler drive "They have to score here", and then after it was 10-7, she really found her groove.  She kept talking about how dumb Bills fans were for thinking they could take over their stadium and the Steelers have the best traveling fan base in the NFL.  She joined in the F-You Buffalo chant with my other friend in front of me.  At one point, she even leaned forward to scream in my ear after a first down.  Granted, the Bills fans cheered, sang the Shout Song, and did our Heeyyyy chant, but were never disrespectful as a group.  I never turned to the girl or incited her throughout the entire game.

When Hodges threw his 3rd interception, even with over 2 minutes to play and timeouts remaining, the stadium almost completely cleared out.  The Bills fans around me any myself couldn't believe it.  We knew we were just going to run the ball and probably punt it back, but the Steelers fans either can't do math or just gave up, because they left.  It was insane.  And in that moment, I turned around and sure enough, she was leaving.  I locked dead on her eyes and couldn't help myself.  "Hey, where you going?  Is this the Steelers traveling well?"  She looked right back at me and started crying.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Maybe I'm a bad fan, but it was 3 hours of her in my ear being obnoxious and no regard to anyone else.  Watching her, and all the other Steelers fans do their walk of shame as we clinched our playoff birth felt amazing to me.  It reminded me of why we have the best fans in the NFL and how far we've come.

those obnoxious Steelers fans is everything I hate about the whole frigging organization. As they were leaving and I was soaking it all in my daughter said to me " Dad are you crying. " My reply was , maybe a little. Then i told her to look around at all the Bills fans and soak in this moment because this is what it b felt like in 1989 before we were thr real deal...

Still smiling today..... GO BILLS!

Nice read V, thank you, oh, and you were kinder to that girl than she deserved, well played imo, she will remember you for a long time ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I mean, a little......

Dude, she sucked and not in the good way.  I really hope she doesn't have a man to go home to because that guy is probably miserable

if I had to guess she was headed back to be with small barnyard animals..too bad you didn't get her address as someone should call the ASPCA

I raised two boys in Pitt ~ 20 yrs ago and it was a wonderful experience so don't judge them all by the Squeeler fans - they were equally obnoxious then - the hockey and Pirate fans were much better

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, entropyrules said:

if I had to guess she was headed back to be with small barnyard animals..too bad you didn't get her address as someone should call the ASPCA

I raised two boys in Pitt ~ 20 yrs ago and it was a wonderful experience so don't judge them all by the Squeeler fans - they were equally obnoxious then - the hockey and Pirate fans were much better

I don't judge them.  I know what drunk Bills fans look like as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I really hope so.  If that was her sober personality....holy *****

what tipped me off was the fact that she cried when you heckled her a little bit as she was (prematurely) leaving.

I get emotional when I’m drunk, too

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

AND? You let this one blank. Please tell us you visited some nice clean upper deck commodes pre-game.

Haha , not the need for a night game! 

Dod Leave out one little anecdote, was climbing all the way back up to the top in the end zones after a beer run and there was an empty seat about half way up next to 2 attractive young lady’s so I sat down and started up a conversation.  They were prolly mid 20s and we truly were having a nice convo. One dad was directly in front and did not take kindly to mess I was a Bills fan! 

Next  beer run one I brought him one too and asked if he was still cranky, he thought it was great and we had a good chuckle! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I traveled up from NVa to see my Bills.  Got skybox seats with the full service.  Now I know how the other half lives.  Life long friend invited me up.  He's a Steeler guy, and he knows a guy who owns a company with the skybox.  I loved every minute.  I saw Bills and Steeler fans having fun together, as opposed to your experience.  One guy says if we don't win, I hope you do.  I think we get a lot of sympathy votes.  I think the downtown stadium works there.  Lots of tailgating, even in the parking garage.  Those who don't like the idea shouldn't worry.  Like Virgil, I just knew we'd win this game.  It was exciting.  Those fans really are pretty cool.  The renegade song and the gold towels even got me pumped, especially seeing our players strut.  I questioned the successive runs in the red zone.  With a 2nd year QB, I guess they don't want him to make the big mistake.  In the end, the coaches were right in dialing up a protect-the-ball game plan in a defensive struggle.  Yes, seeing the whole field made it easier to see the personnel rotations on D.  I was glad to see a big game from Trent.  Everyone contributing builds team unity.  FYI, the best thing about the skybox is having the restroom in the same room.  Very cool.  I wish everyone has a chance to have a skybox experience.  Go Bills!!

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

*Note - Due to it being freezing and wearing gloves, I really wasn't able to take notes at the game and it's not almost 48 hours later.  Feel free to correct any mistakes and I'll update the original post.

Well, that was an interesting 48 hours.  My sister and I made the drive from the Maryland to the game and drove back the same night, which is about 4 hours.  With traffic and it snowing the entire drive back, didn't get home until around 4am.  Then, as luck would have it, schools were closed for a snow day and I was up at 7:30a to spend the day with my daughter.  So, after not sleeping well the night before the game and the 2+ hours the next night, I was nothing more than a zombie last night.  Worth it?  One moment made it all worth it, and it wasn't  just the win...

1 - Billsy - This is a term that bothers a lot of people and one that I've used many times; including this season.  To me, it's any time in the past 20 years where the Bills snatched a loss from the jaws of victory in the most ridiculous way.  Think McKelvin against the Pats or the Prime time comeback loss to the Cowboys.  It's that feeling when the casual fan would assume a game is over because of the score and time left on the clock, but true Bills fans can do the math and realize there's still a way to lose.  In most cases, we found that way.  Billsy is the reason I don't travel to big games, or games against the Pats where we think we have a chance because I learned to not let the hope in.  I learned that the Bills can always find new, creative ways to rip my heart out.  But the minute this game was flexed to Prime Time and we would clinch with a win, I knew I had to be there.  For the first time in 20 years, I Billieved we were going to win that game.  I didn't care what the line was or how good the Steelers defense was.  I didn't care that they were 5-0 in those black jerseys or that we hadn't won there since forever.  I just knew that we were going to win that game and the drive would be worth it.  I knew that expecting Billsy things to happen was behind me and that McD had killed that in us.  If there's anything we've accomplished this season, it's that to me as a fan.  And that, is a great feeling.

2 - Pre-Game - We got to the area 4 hours before the game as we didn't know much about the area.  The stadium is within a few blocks on the baseball park and the whole area seems to have been built up to support the fan traffic.  The restaurants are all franchises and the parking was insane ($40-$60).  The cheap/free parking was across one of the many bridges.  Now, I'll say that about 30% of the fans I saw pre-game were Bills.  We went into Bar Louie to watch the 4pm games, but they didn't have Sunday ticket and could only watch the Cowboys game.  We had to ask them four times to take bass fishing off the other TV's.  We met two guys from Rochester that used to work for Wegmans as they saw us waiting for a table and invited us to join them.  They proceeded to get hammered and actually paid for our food (Shout out to them).  The fact that the bar didn't have the Sunday ticket was embarrassing.   We headed to the stadium around 6:30p and everything felt very....corporate.  Yes, the SNF bus was there and they had pregame taping happening, but there wasn't any personality to the area or stadium.  It reminded me of the field walls at the Ralph when they stopped letting people bring their own banners in like Skid Row and replaced them with their own HR approved prints.  Don't get me wrong, the stadium looked nice for being 15+ years old, but it just didn't have any personality to me. 

3 - Steelers Defense - I'll be honest, I haven't paid any attention to the Steelers this year and only knew they were ravaged on offense due to injuries and their defense lost a lot of key players over the years.  I kept hearing about how great their defense was, but wasn't sure why.  The great thing about going to a game is being able to see the entire field and how teams match-up.  Here's what I learned about the Steelers defense:  They play a very straight forward base defense and dare you to beat them.  When they blitz, they rarely disguise it and simply put 5 guys on the line.  When it's 3rd and +5, they put 4 on the line, 4 on the second level in zone, and 3 deep.  They are very similar to the Bills defense in that they will bend, give you a little, but not break.  They are disciplined in their assignments and extremely good tacklers.   There were a few plays that could've broken big for the Bills but the Steelers made big tackles.  If you can execute quick passes and hit zones accurately, then you can succeed against them, which I will get to later.  I was very impressed with Watt and didn't realize how good he was. 

4 - They can tell us how small we are, how we aren't fast enough, but they have no idea how big the heart is in this locker room.

5 - DiMarco - On our first passing play, we shifted DiMarco out wide and had him run a deep route to clear the way for our receiver (Knox?) to run an out route.  The moment Allen started to motion towards the receiver, the safety broke to cover him.  Again, he broke when Allen started to move towards Knox, not even throw.  In that moment, DiMarco was 20 yards down field and not a Steeler within 10 yards of him.  He could have walked into the end zone from 75 yards out.  In a game where it was all about defense and capitalizing on mistakes, that play sat with me the entire game.  This is where I think sometimes follows the script a little too closely because both players had to be in his eye line, he just executed the scripted play.  More so, why was DiMarco the guy to clear out the pass?  Was he supposed to block downfield after the catch?  Didn't make much sense as it was a sideline throw.

6 - Roberts - I'm really curious to see a snap count for this game because it appeared as though Roberts was our clear-cut #3 receiver.  I don't think I saw Foster take a single snap and Beasley was rotating with McKenzie a lot.  Not only was Roberts out there a ton, but they didn't use him at all really.  If he was a decoy, I don't understand why as he has zero previous success and wasn't really thrown to in this game.  Why even activate Foster if he's not going to see the field.  I even called into the post-game show to ask about it but no one seemed to know what was going on.  I'm not sure what the strategy was, but would love to know more.

7 - Front 4 - I can't believe I'm going to say this, but pay Shaq and Phillips.  These guys have become the heart and soul of the pass rush.  Yes, we sent a few extra guys from time to time (Edmunds mostly), but these guys were getting pressure with just the 4 of them.  What impressed me the most was the path they took to the quarterback.  Sometimes Phillips had to loop around the entire line to get his push, but neither him nor Shaq ever stopped moving.  They were always pushing forward and getting after Hodges.  They never gave up on a play and were very impressive to me and allowed our coverage team to focus on the pass.

8 - Hodges - The Steelers have their own Uncle Rico in Hodges and the fans absolutely love him.  There were posters, duck calls (He's apparently a professional duck hunter?), and camo gear everywhere.  I asked out dinner companions about him vs Rudolph and he said most players want the team to keep Hodges as the starter of the future.  In looking at his stats, it looks like he is nothing more than a game manager, but still 3-0 as a starter.  In watching the game, his elusiveness in the pocket was very impressive.  He kept more than a few plays alive with his legs, all while keeping his eyes downfield.  He wasn't looking to scramble eluded multiple sacks.  His arm strength left a lot to be desired.  I don't think Tre picks off his second ball if there was any zip on that ball.  His interceptions at the end were all lobs too.  It really made you appreciate Allen.  The arm strength did benefit his deep ball though as he was able to lob a few of them in their perfectly, something I'll get to about Allen in a moment.

9 - Defensive Backs - I'm a little concerned about the chunk passing plays we gave up in this game and wonder if it's a matter of scheme, miscommunication, or just the play of our defensive backs.  I called every single deep ball before it was snapped because they kept putting the guy in motion or he was lined up in the slot with a fake-blitzing LB on him.  I don't know why Tre wasn't shadowing Washington and that bit us a few times.  Either way, we didn't seem to respond to players in motion and I honestly wonder why we don't do a similar thing with Brown.  I get that we only gave up 10 points, but it bothered me because how obvious the deep shot was coming. 

10 - Singletary - I really only want to call out his fumbles and say that I think this is going to be a learning issue for him, not a technique or broken issue.  We always hear about how rookies take a while to adjust to the speed in the NFL.  On both of his fumbles, Motor was hit from behind while trying to shift in the second level.  I don't think Motor is used to guys being able to catch him from behind like that and overall  being swarmed to.  I know he wasn't a burner in college either, but he was always surrounded by 3-4 guys once he got 5 yards down field.  In that moment, he only sees the guy in front of him he wants to make miss, but isn't used to the guys baring down on him from behind.  Either way, I think he can learn from this and will be fine.  Also, I read somewhere that he's one of the best RB's in the game statistically over the last 4 games, which is nice to hear. 

11 - Hype Video - This was mentioned in another thread, but I promise I planned to mention this earlier.  The Ravens played a defensive highlight reel during the 4th quarter and blasted some hype music through the speakers.  It was about 1 minute, but it really got the fans going and it was the loudest I head the stadium (still nothing on the Cap).  Moreso, seeing Allen hit Brown on the next play just destroyed the fans.  It was beautiful to see.  I really liked this idea and it was the only moment I felt like the stadium had any personality.  That's something I'd really like to see the Bills steal, as well as the virtual mascot before kickoff from the Ravens.

12 - Edmunds - Yeah...this kid is getting it.  Conner had two strong runs that ran away from Edmunds on sweep draws, but that was about it.  Edmunds was decisive, fast, and hard hitting in this game.  Even from the upper deck, you could see how quickly he broke down a play and went after it.  He also did a great job of faking a blitz on the line, only to drop back into coverage and swat a few balls.  His speed was very impressive and I think he's a main reason why the Steelers had to change up their gameplan.  I was very impressed with him and we was clearly the best Edmunds on the field.

13 - Allen - When Allen hit the deep ball to Brown, the guy beside me said "Wow, he just flicked his wrist".  That ball was deeper than any throw Hodges made and it barely had any air under it.  That's the deep ball that Allen needs to try to keep making.  His arm strength makes any deep ball under 40 yards go against everything his arm wants to do.  It doesn't mean he shouldn't learn, but I think back to the Jaguars deep pass to Foster and even that was on a rope.  It was fun to see the Steelers fans watch with their mouth's open on that pass.  I love that they tried it again and that Brown went up to get the first one.  However, I still think Foster should've been in this game and tried it to him a few times as well.  As for the Int, was that really too high of a pass? To me, it looked like it hit both Beasley's hands and he needs to make that catch, as well as his other drop.  Also, on the last drive, I would've liked to have seen a naked QB bootleg on the playfake as the Steelers were biting hard on the middle runs.  End of the day, it was an average day for Allen, although I'd hope for more from him and the receivers with the amount of time the offensive line gave him.  They played VERY good.

14 - McD - I get that we called a trick play in there, but two rushes and a trick play before the 3 points was too timid for me, just as the last drive of three straight rushes were.  I know Daboll calls the plays, but McD needs to have some influence there; no matter how much he trusts his defense.  That's all I'm going to say about the coaching within the game

Listening to his press conference on the drive back, you could tell this win meant something to McD.  He was getting emotional and really talked about the journey to get here and what they've done in three short years.  I mean, two playoff trips in three years after a 17 year drought?  C'mon!!!!  Even more so, EVERY SINGLE post game interview with players had them talking about the coaching staff unsolicited.  These guys are bought in and love the coaches.  Shaq took an interview saying how his first year there was a party with Wrex and that it took him a minute to buy in, but now he's having fun but working harder than ever.  McD deserves coach of the year for what he's done with this team.  We never had our blow-out losses (Eagles was junk time) and we will not have lost back to back games this season.  I saw that because depending what happens Saturday, we should rest our starters the last week and I'm not counting that game.  This is just a huge step forward for us and we all should be very thankful for the staff that the Pegula's brought in.  It's been a long time coming.

15 - My Win - I'm going to be very selfish here and talk about what made me smile as much as the win.  We had a few obnoxious fans around us in the upper deck.  Granted, an 8pm game gives people more time to pre-game and some special kind of people hang out in the decks and endzone, Bills games included.  Sadly, there was one Bills fan a few rows ahead of us that was taunting a Steelers fan, and when they responded in kind, she tried to threaten him.  She was obnoxious and I was sad to be associated with her as a fan.  However, the real show was the row in front and back of me.  One row up, four seats to my right was your typical mid-20's frat guy double fisting beers all game.  When the Steelers scored their FG, he was giving everyone the middle finger yelling F- You Buffalo (another reason I will not bring my daughter to a regular season game until she's at least a teenager).  He was like this on every good Steeler play.  When Allen found Kroft in the endzone, he quitely put his head down and headed for the exit.  Yes, he left that early and cowardly.

The girl almost directly behind me was the real star of the show.  She was everything I can't stand in a fair weather fan.  She knew nothing about football, but talked like she did.  Just wouldn't shut up the entire game, talking about the 1pm games and how the Rams could have possible lost, how every Steeler drive "They have to score here", and then after it was 10-7, she really found her groove.  She kept talking about how dumb Bills fans were for thinking they could take over their stadium and the Steelers have the best traveling fan base in the NFL.  She joined in the F-You Buffalo chant with my other friend in front of me.  At one point, she even leaned forward to scream in my ear after a first down.  Granted, the Bills fans cheered, sang the Shout Song, and did our Heeyyyy chant, but were never disrespectful as a group.  I never turned to the girl or incited her throughout the entire game.

When Hodges threw his 3rd interception, even with over 2 minutes to play and timeouts remaining, the stadium almost completely cleared out.  The Bills fans around me any myself couldn't believe it.  We knew we were just going to run the ball and probably punt it back, but the Steelers fans either can't do math or just gave up, because they left.  It was insane.  And in that moment, I turned around and sure enough, she was leaving.  I locked dead on her eyes and couldn't help myself.  "Hey, where you going?  Is this the Steelers traveling well?"  She looked right back at me and started crying.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Maybe I'm a bad fan, but it was 3 hours of her in my ear being obnoxious and no regard to anyone else.  Watching her, and all the other Steelers fans do their walk of shame as we clinched our playoff birth felt amazing to me.  It reminded me of why we have the best fans in the NFL and how far we've come.

Go Bills!!!

As with everyone of your posts this was great. That said, after all you endured the bolded made me smile! 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I traveled up from NVa to see my Bills.  Got skybox seats with the full service.  Now I know how the other half lives.  Life long friend invited me up.  He's a Steeler guy, and he knows a guy who owns a company with the skybox.  I loved every minute.  I saw Bills and Steeler fans having fun together, as opposed to your experience.  One guy says if we don't win, I hope you do.  I think we get a lot of sympathy votes.  I think the downtown stadium works there.  Lots of tailgating, even in the parking garage.  Those who don't like the idea shouldn't worry.  Like Virgil, I just knew we'd win this game.  It was exciting.  Those fans really are pretty cool.  The renegade song and the gold towels even got me pumped, especially seeing our players strut.  I questioned the successive runs in the red zone.  With a 2nd year QB, I guess they don't want him to make the big mistake.  In the end, the coaches were right in dialing up a protect-the-ball game plan in a defensive struggle.  Yes, seeing the whole field made it easier to see the personnel rotations on D.  I was glad to see a big game from Trent.  Everyone contributing builds team unity.  FYI, the best thing about the skybox is having the restroom in the same room.  Very cool.  I wish everyone has a chance to have a skybox experience.  Go Bills!!

The only experience I had at that stadium was the 2010 AFC Championship game, in a PPG box. Yeah, it didn't suck. Free steak dinner before, free drinks, bathrooms, heated, etc. It was 0 degrees that night.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Could be. Things like that that Allen needs to see on the tape and take away for later. Not sure why Dimarco is our deep ball runner, but he's had some random wheel routes go for yards before, so who knows. 

Some players you just do not expect to catch the ball so the players only make minimal effort to cover.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Again, he breaks when Allen starts the throwing motion.  A pump fake and it's an easy TD

Sounds like a great Madden play.  Disregard the DE diving at his feet. 

We'll have to agree to disagree about second guessing Allen on that play.

EDIT: was not a fan of the downtown stadium experience (although I actually work just a few blocks away).  Tailgated at the Bills Backers lot and didn't enjoy the 15 minute walk to/from the stadium.

Edited by BillnutinHouston
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

5 - DiMarco - On our first passing play, we shifted DiMarco out wide and had him run a deep route to clear the way for our receiver (Knox?) to run an out route.  The moment Allen started to motion towards the receiver, the safety broke to cover him.  Again, he broke when Allen started to move towards Knox, not even throw.  In that moment, DiMarco was 20 yards down field and not a Steeler within 10 yards of him.  He could have walked into the end zone from 75 yards out.  In a game where it was all about defense and capitalizing on mistakes, that play sat with me the entire game.  This is where I think sometimes follows the script a little too closely because both players had to be in his eye line, he just executed the scripted play.  More so, why was DiMarco the guy to clear out the pass?  Was he supposed to block downfield after the catch?  Didn't make much sense as it was a sideline throw.

Sometimes Daboll puts things out there to put them on film.  Sometimes he puts them out there to set up a play later in the game.

Sometimes he puts them out there for no discernable reason I can see

6 - Roberts - I'm really curious to see a snap count for this game because it appeared as though Roberts was our clear-cut #3 receiver.  I don't think I saw Foster take a single snap and Beasley was rotating with McKenzie a lot.  Not only was Roberts out there a ton, but they didn't use him at all really.  If he was a decoy, I don't understand why as he has zero previous success and wasn't really thrown to in this game.  Why even activate Foster if he's not going to see the field.  I even called into the post-game show to ask about it but no one seemed to know what was going on.  I'm not sure what the strategy was, but would love to know more.

Foster played 57% of the ST snaps.  He was clearly active for ST and perhaps in case of injury.

Dre Roberts played 26% of the offensives snaps.

McKensie 46%

Beasley 69%

Brown 94%

I haven't tried to do a count but the reason for this is we clearly spent more time in 12 and 22 personnel than in the previous 5 games.  Kroft had 29% of the snaps, Knox and Smith 48% each, and DiMarco 38%.  I suspect they like Roberts more as a potential blocker than any of the other guys.  One of the huge frustrations to me was that we weren't doing something like this prior to the Ravens game.  Knox whiffing that block on Judon led directly to the strip sack, a strip I think 9 out of 10 QB give up.  Maybe 19 out of 20.

With regard to that intercepted pass, certainly Beasley got both hands on it and we'd really like to see him catch that, but to do him justice it was not a clean spiral, and it was rising as it progressed, neither a rope nor a clean arc (there's stuff elsewhere about why this is so).  Beasley showed his athleticism and ball-tracking skills to get both hands on it, but it's just not the kind of ball he's made his career bringing in.  It's frustrating to me because it's the sort of "off" throw some of the top TE in the league and many tall possession receivers bring in routinely, and then no one critiques the QB's technique (except his coach).

WRT Hodges and pass plays, I think the Bills philosophy was that they were going to stuff the run and allow Duck his occasional flight on the grounds they felt they might give up a few, but would make him pay overall.  We did stuff the run - 50 yds overall.  And they were overall right about making Duck pay.

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Tl:dr - OP made a girl cry??

I think it was the Steelers who did that.

Or maybe it was Phillips air-guitar and Barkley's matador cape whirling during Renegade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1