Opinion Column: Kick Patriots out of 2019 Playoffs

krf139

Missing the post season once, after cheating the NFL for 20 years and stealing 6 Superbowls???????

Talk about a slap on the wrist.  

Anything short of ALL wins vacated, Belicheater banned for life, and Kraft being forced to sell the team will be an insufficient punishment.  

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

no doubt that's what the NFL will do.  But the issue of a postseason ban is the same as in college.  Perhaps a team is banned and would not have made it anyway.  That's why you need to strip draft picks in addition, and fine the organization a huge amount.  

Post season ban on NE equals salary cap purge and trading near term draft picks for higher down the road picks.  NE salary cap and draft picks would need to be dealt with as well.  A reduced cap and loss of high picks would be far better in my mind versus a playoff ban.  

1 hour ago, clayboy54 said:

Bobby Kraft runs the NFL and therefore nothing will ever happen to them until after he is gone. He has such pull over other owners and in-turn Roger Goodell, that no one can go against him. This is clearly reflected in the decisions of guys like Al Riveron and his officials on the field. It is prominent at owners meetings and in the rules committee. What Kraft wants, Kraft gets.

There's really no point in sweating the issue. It isn't going to change. What we can look forward to is the retiring of Bill Bellichik who ultimately is the reason this is all tilted so obviously in the Patriots' direction. Kraft simply cannot do it without BB.

This is literally not true, the other owners are in general sick of the Pats' *****

Deflategate would have been nothing had any other team done it, and they lost a first rounder and their HOF QB for 4 games

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Post season ban on NE equals salary cap purge and trading near term draft picks for higher down the road picks.  NE salary cap and draft picks would need to be dealt with as well.  A reduced cap and loss of high picks would be far better in my mind versus a playoff ban.  

reduced cap is fine with me as well.  although I feel like the Pats** would cheat their way around that.  

9 hours ago, wppete said:

I say keep in the the playoffs but suspend Belicheck for a full season next year. This is the 3rd time he was CAUGHT cheating. 

Completely agree.  Didn't the bounty gate result in a year long suspension?  At this point the NFL is fostering an environment that incentivizes this behavior.  

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Best humiliation is to beat them on the field despite their attempts to bend the rules and utilize obscure loopholes in the rules

It would be nice but it won't be easy.  First off NE typically pounds teams they play after the media paints them as cheaters.  Secondly, they actually have something to play for (home field) whereas nothing will change with the Bills playoff schedule no matter whether they win or lose these next two weeks.  It's nice to say we're going to be motivated to "send a message" but I suspect we'll lose this one.  And that doesn't trouble me all that much - I'd rather beat them the 3rd time we play them this year ?

6 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

It would be nice but it won't be easy.  First off NE typically pounds teams they play after the media paints them as cheaters.  Secondly, they actually have something to play for (home field) whereas nothing will change with the Bills playoff schedule no matter whether they win or lose these next two weeks.  It's nice to say we're going to be motivated to "send a message" but I suspect we'll lose this one.  And that doesn't trouble me all that much - I'd rather beat them the 3rd time we play them this year ?

While unlikely, the AFCE is still in play, so yes they have something to play for.  As for this, the goal is *this* Super Bowl.  NE doesn't care what the punishment is, so long as it's next season.

9 minutes ago, ocemur said:

Life time suspension for Belichik. Vacate all wins in the Belichik era. Force Kraft to sell the team and return Massachusetts to the Wampanoag tribe. 

It's the right thing to do to protect the Shield.

Finally someone with a level head.

54 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

If Bills win out and the Evil Empire loses out it affects playoff slotting.