Opinion Column: Kick Patriots out of 2019 Playoffs

krf139

If things really are as they seem and this is exclusive to the Patriots then some type of hard hitting progressive discipline is absolutely deserved. Exclusion from the playoffs should be a definite possibility otherwise Goodell and the NFL are a joke.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 1

if this happened in college, there would be a multi-year postseason ban, as well as a ban on recruiting.  

Here is my suggestion: 

Kick Pats out of Playoffs in 2019 and 2020, as well as take away their top 2 round picks in the next 2 drafts.  Fine the organization a huge amount.  They clearly don't get the message.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For this weekend I'd like to see the league order and execute an electronic sweep of their stadium to ensure there are no "bugs" in the visitor's locker room, the coaches booth, or any intercepting of signals between the sidelines and the QB's helmet.  I also want to see if Brady has his comm link turned off during the play as required by league rules.  

Then get to the bottom of it, confirm who is giving the orders to cheat and who knows.  Then fine them and suspend them for life.

In the past I heard players say they have '"fans" at the visitor's hotel pulling fire alarms to wake the team up all night long.  For the Chiefs game I heard from various outlets that the ground crew in Providence "forgot" to unload all the teams uniforms and equipment and the plane had to be recalled from Newark to get the rest of the equipment before game time.  Many of the players had to scramble and rush to get dressed for the game and a lot of pre-game activity was disrupted.  More BS..

• Like (+1) 2

At least McDermott is wise to them. He kicked the Patriots assistants off the field when the Bills were doing their pregame activities.

A year or even multi-year ban on Bellicheck might be comparable to some of the punishments for PEDs for players. 

Edited by bills_believer
  • Like (+1) 4

Castrations are what’s in order here, the entire organization. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Crazy idea that would never happen, but if it did, I guess we'd finally get our home playoff game:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/opinion-roger-goodell-needs-to-kick-the-cheating-patriots-out-of-the-playoffs/ar-BBY58PQ?ocid=spartandhp

I like that someone (anyone) in the media has the will to call out the Cheaters - but I do disagree with his one premise "they are so good they don't need to cheat".  I hate that (often used) logic when assessing the Cheaters - they are so good because they cheat.

• Like (+1) 9

Takes the wins and keep the loses so Bellychek win % takes a hit and include more of these * graphics when talking about that Taintriots.

And sure go with a post season ban this year and suspension this next

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The issue with kicking them out of playoffs is what if it was a team with no chance of making playoffs and was doing it to try to save face either with fans or a coaching staff trying to not get cut?

This is what I think the NFL will do:

88670235-ostrich-head-in-sand-proverb-ca

no doubt that's what the NFL will do.  But the issue of a postseason ban is the same as in college.  Perhaps a team is banned and would not have made it anyway.  That's why you need to strip draft picks in addition, and fine the organization a huge amount.  

50 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

For the Chiefs game I heard from various outlets that the ground crew in Providence "forgot" to unload all the teams uniforms and equipment and the plane had to be recalled from Newark to get the rest of the equipment before game time.  Many of the players had to scramble and rush to get dressed for the game and a lot of pre-game activity was disrupted.  More BS..

This is actually in correct, and I am not defending the Cheatriots. They were not able to unload the gear because there was HS football being played at the stadium that weekend including Sunday morning and the locker room was not available so they couldn't unload the gear. That detail was forgotten by the plane staff when it left. Now as to why there was HS football being played so late in the year at an NFL stadium... particularly the Cheatriots is a whole other story of "convenience". 

8 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

This is actually in correct, and I am not defending the Cheatriots. They were not able to unload the gear because there was HS football being played at the stadium that weekend including Sunday morning and the locker room was not available so they couldn't unload the gear. That detail was forgotten by the plane staff when it left. Now as to why there was HS football being played so late in the year at an NFL stadium... particularly the Cheatriots is a whole other story of "convenience". 

It was the Chiefs staff that decided not to offload all their equipment,  into say.... some vehicles, when they realized the issue with the stadium occupation.  They instead let them sit on the plane until the stadium locker room was available.  Somehow these boneheads didn't realize their plane had another destination after Providence.  And they didn't notify the crew that they didn't offload the equipment, which is a serious no no.

• Like (+1) 1

Bobby Kraft runs the NFL and therefore nothing will ever happen to them until after he is gone. He has such pull over other owners and in-turn Roger Goodell, that no one can go against him. This is clearly reflected in the decisions of guys like Al Riveron and his officials on the field. It is prominent at owners meetings and in the rules committee. What Kraft wants, Kraft gets.

There's really no point in sweating the issue. It isn't going to change. What we can look forward to is the retiring of Bill Bellichik who ultimately is the reason this is all tilted so obviously in the Patriots' direction. Kraft simply cannot do it without BB.