Bills top 10 in offensive explosive plays

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I feel like 82% of these have come on 3rd and 8+ where josh just nails an out to Brown. My favorite thing about Josh Allen is 3rd down Josh.

3rd down Josh is almost as good as 4th quarter Josh.  They're both studs though.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, eball said:

3rd down Josh is almost as good as 4th quarter Josh.  They're both studs though.

Given how good he is in the most important spot, is he just a little bi-polar and the kind of player who can only play when the chips are down, or does coaching staff just keep the reigns too tight leading into clutch moments... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

But they have NOT defined what is an explosive play. It is quite subjective otherwise

It's when the home team plays its "intimidation" song and the visiting team steals the energy and scores the game-winning TD.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

But they have NOT defined what is an explosive play. It is quite subjective otherwise

For decades coaches always defined them as plays of 20+ yards, be it run or pass. I had no idea that the criteria for running plays was 15+ yards until today.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Given how good he is in the most important spot, is he just a little bi-polar and the kind of player who can only play when the chips are down, or does coaching staff just keep the reigns too tight leading into clutch moments... 

I have wondered that all season.  I think the play calling is definitely more conservative until the moment they are forced to open it up.   I see many games where both offenses look inept until the last 5-6 minutes when they move to no-huddle and all of a sudden find rhythm so I don't think its just Allen.  Especially with a strong defense like ours its great to put together sustained drives but I wouldn't mind seeing them occasionally go uptempo BEFORE my I'm on the verge of an emotional meltdown.  

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have wondered that all season.  I think the play calling is definitely more conservative until the moment they are forced to open it up.   I see many games where both offenses look inept until the last 5-6 minutes when they move to no-huddle and all of a sudden find rhythm so I don't think its just Allen.  Especially with a strong defense like ours its great to put together sustained drives but I wouldn't mind seeing them occasionally go uptempo BEFORE my I'm on the verge of an emotional meltdown.  

It's not the bills way.... you must suffer. We must suffer. 

• Haha (+1) 1