Houston would be a juicy matchup for us in 1st round...

bills6969

So unless the Miami Miracle occurs, and if the Bills do win this week (which I think they will), it seems likely that we're going to get:

Pittsburgh at New England

Buffalo at Houston

>>>

Buffalo at Baltimore

New England at Kansas City

Juicy af

If the Bills don't beat NE, then it's just going to end up KC @ NE, which would mean both the Chiefs and Ravens will have a chance to preserve our record

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

Houston would probably be a 3 1/2 point favorite at this point. I like the matchup a little more than TN and a lot more than KC, but it would be a very tough game.

Will Fuller is a huge X-factor for the Texans. Hopkins is unbelievable, you can just try to contain him, but the Bills would be able to do that. If Fuller is healthy, which seems like less than 50% of the time, he can kill you.

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Buffalo wins that game easily. Houston ain't that good. 

I don’t get the point of this. Obviously, it’s a message board but why. Houston is inconsistent but to say they aren’t good is dumb. They just took down one of the hottest teams in the nfl and beat KC and NE on the road. They have a top 10 qb and arguably the best receiver in the nfl. White can hopefully take out Hopkins but then they have 2 solid receivers as well.  Their d isn’t scary but if the Texans score 21 points, how many games have won like that?  

14 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Of all the teams it seems likely we will get one of the two best matchups for us, Ten or Hou. Pretty good scenario really.

We own Tannehill.

I do agree with this. There aren’t many qbs I fear less than Tannehill. 

1 hour ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Houston's so streaky.  Hope we catch them on a down week because when they're hot, they're a pretty tough opponent.  Much rather play them then KC at KC though.  That's a no brainer. 

they are streaky but hard to catch a team on a down week in the playoffs

I think Houston is best matchup too because Bill OBrien does not scare me as a playoff coach. And while I have issues with McD and Daboll, you know what you’ll get with them. I’d say it was a toss up game, which is usually all you could expect as a wild card on the road against a division winner. 

Watson with all those wrs is scary.  If they hit on a few deep balls its tough to beat them.  WIth that said that's the team allen and the offense is going to have the most success against without a doubt.  plus we have way better coaching than they do.  Just need our secondary to do a good job.

2 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

It's the playoffs, nothing will be "easy". Houston is probably the best match-up for the Bills, but they beat the Pats at home, KC at Arrowhead, played GB and Saints tough (both losses by 2 pts).  They are streaky win good wins and bad losses, but Watson and Hopkins can take a game over enough to not make this game easy.

It is impossible for an afc team to face the saints and packers in the same regular season, so you did something funky there.

2 hours ago, Flip Johnson said:

Houston would probably be a 3 1/2 point favorite at this point. I like the matchup a little more than TN and a lot more than KC, but it would be a very tough game.

Will Fuller is a huge X-factor for the Texans. Hopkins is unbelievable, you can just try to contain him, but the Bills would be able to do that. If Fuller is healthy, which seems like less than 50% of the time, he can kill you.

Fuller has speed the Bills would be hard pressed to defend.  

3 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Houston's so streaky.  Hope we catch them on a down week because when they're hot, they're a pretty tough opponent.  Much rather play them then KC at KC though.  That's a no brainer. 

So far there pattern has been...lose one, win two, lose one, win two...that would put them on a trajectory to win at Tampa and lose to the Titans.  They'd be due for a win, then.  Let's hope we can break that pattern.

1 hour ago, hjnick said:

Houston's OLINE is very weak... We will get pressure only rushing 4.  

I have a hunch the DT positions will eat up the Houston Oline.

This is why I like the Houston match up better.  I think we get after Watson all day like last year.  

TN defense is tough and I would be worried we wouldn't be able to score enough this second time around.