NFL Network only this Sat if you live outside of Buffalo

Sundancer

44 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Screen mirror and using cell data have nothing to do with one another. You connect to the TV with Bluetooth.

For streaming video? Good luck 

AirPlay is absolutely WiFi as is chromcast, as are most smart tv mirriorung native apps. 

News to me Bluetooth has the continuous bandwidth to support streaming video well. You might want to patent that. 

Most of the attempts out out there are clunky and low resolution jittery buffering trash. But it sounds like you’re on to something! 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I dont, AirPlay is absolutely WiFi as is chromcast, as are most smart tv mirriorung native apps. 

News to me Bluetooth has the continuous bandwidth to support streaming video well. You might want to patent that. 

Most of the attempt out out there are clunky 

Bandwidth to screen mirror will probably be OK. Quality, I suspect, will be abysmal. 

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Well, I've got my cell phone and the yahoo sports app, so I can get it on my phone.  Any of you techno-wizards out there know how to hook up your cel phone to the TV?

ZFKJERS 3 in 1 Phone to HDMI Cable, Mirroring Cellphone Screen to TV/Projector/Monitor Adapter, 1080P Resolution for iOS and Android Devices (Gold) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NCFZ9GG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DDs-Db7DXEF76

I’ve got a similar cable and it works great. 

• Like (+1) 1

I asked this in the Map thread but haven't an answer yet.

What local Buffalo Network is the game on?

I get Buffalo's CBS, NBC and FOX but not ABC from my "provider".

I would like to watch the local feed over the NFLN feed.

Was informed it's on ABC.  I'll use the CBS from Boston as a backup if needed.

Edited by ColoradoBills

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sorry to say its on local ABC channel 7 (WKBW)

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Steve O said:

What really stinks is that Rochester and Syracuse were considered "local" markets for blackouts back when they blacked out games if they weren't sold out, but were not considered local markets for carrying games. Believe the blackout radius was 90 miles, the radius for carrying games was 60 miles.

So they've had training camp in Rochester for 20 years and they won't simulcast the game in the Rochester area??? asinine. I have a friend in LeRoy which is about 10 - 15 miles closer to roch than buff, but they get  the buffalo stations on their sat package

22 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Was informed it's on ABC.  I'll use the CBS from Boston as a backup if needed.

I was sure this weeks map said it.   I credited DaBillsFan .....  for his link 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Sorry to say its on local ABC channel 7 (WKBW)

Thanks Stosh that's what I heard.  I like to have a backup station in case I have issues with my "provider" NFLN feed.

I'll use the Boston CBS feed (which is weird that it's on CBS in Boston and ABC in Buffalo) as a backup.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Maybe 3.0 and beyond. Bandwidth is typically a key driver of video quality 

If your phone screen is lower res than the TV, even assuming zero bandwidth issues, a compression software will expand the output stream from the phone and double or more each pixel, which will blur edges and make the video look blocky. I am curious to hear a review though, as I've not done this in a few years. 

Edited by Sundancer

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

If your phone screen is lower res than the TV, even assuming zero bandwidth issues, a compression software will expand the output stream from the phone and double or more each pixel, which will blur edges and make the video look blocky. I am curious to hear a review though, as I've not done this in a few years. 

I’m sure your right about the up conversion issue. 

Im also of the opinion Bluetooth streaming in general isn’t ‘worked out’ yet. 

Frquenly used for steaming audio, rarely used for streaming video. Maybe on the latest top end stufff it works. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m sure your right about the up conversion issue. 

Im also of the opinion Bluetooth streaming in general isn’t ‘worked out’ yet. 

Frquenly used for steaming audio, rarely used for streaming video. Maybe on the latest top end stufff it works. 

Yeah. I've streamed from Bluetooth for still images with great results. Anything else has been laggy and poor. 

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For streaming video? Good luck 

AirPlay is absolutely WiFi as is chromcast, as are most smart tv mirriorung native apps. 

Most of the attempts out out there are clunky and low resolution jittery buffering trash. But it sounds like you’re on to something! 

Maybe it was through wifi signal then when i did it in a pinch, but i can tell you with certainty I've mirrored to a tv on cell data and it wasn't that bad, not HD but not horrible. Or you watch it on your phone HD... Regardless it's certainly an option for someone where the alternative is no game or radio.

Personally I'd just go to a sports bar/restaurant bar.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Maybe it was through wifi signal then when i did it in a pinch, but i can tell you with certainty I've mirrored to a tv on cell data and it wasn't that bad, not HD but not horrible. Or you watch it on your phone HD... Regardless it's certainly an option for someone where the alternative is no game or radio.

Personally I'd just go to a sports bar/restaurant bar.

Well if ur buyin’