How bad is Levi Wallace making tackles?

Stallions

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is one of the first guys I cut after the season.  His cover and tackling skills are terrible. We have to upgrade the other side of the field. 

Wallace is a major contributor. He he's tied with Edmunds for the lead in solo tackles and the only DB with more passes defended is White. And he's only in his 2nd season in the league. IMO, you're missing something in your assessment. I think Coach and Beane would lean on keeping someone like him. 

I’m seeing way too much Tre love these days. Remember when he cheated and looked through those photos in front of the entire world?!?! 

Tre cheats, people arent tackling ever! Im done with this team! 

It’s almost like the Bills are finally pretty darn good and the pessimists (or realists according to no one but themselves) are looking for anything to keep their miserable Schtick going. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, QB Bills said:

However bad he is at tackling, he's much worse at covering. Get this bum off the field and let Kevin Johnson play. 

I've never seen people so upset with a #2 rated pass defense.... at a STARTING corner nonetheless. 

He is not bad at covering. He just sees triple the amount of balls Tre does. It's the NFL.. receivers get paid too.. If he was "bad at covering" and "a bum" i'm sure we'd have more than 1 hundred yard receivers against us this year... take a chill pill and enjoy the wins my guy..... 

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

I've never seen people so upset with a #2 rated pass defense.... at a STARTING corner nonetheless. 

He is not bad at covering. He just sees triple the amount of balls Tre does. It's the NFL.. receivers get paid too.. If he was "bad at covering" and a bum" i'm sure we'd have more than 1 hundred yard receivers against us this year... take a chill pill and enjoy the wins my guy..... 

Amen.

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

One of your three to four weekly bad takes, and all of them supported by the logically null "Watch the tapes," which ignores that people who are trolls see different things when they watch the tapes from the rest of us. And that all of us see things differently to some degree from confirmation bias among many other things.

You know what’s coming when you see the screen name. The defense allowed 10/ten points in that game fellas.  By the OPs standards we should have cut Hughes, Oliver, Poyer, Hyde, Allen, Edmunds, etc etc, at some point during the season. It looks like Levi gets to be this months target for disgruntled fans. 

10-4 baby! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

A few years ago we had a CB who couldn't tackle.  Good cover guy, but never wrapped up.  We let him walk in FA.  Stephon Gilmore is doing OK now. 

Geez Louise, imagine having Gilmore still here and adding White on the other side.  Whoo.

I don't know if Gilmore couldn't tackle, he just did not want to tackle.....avoided contact.   were I preparing a game plan against the Pats......I would study film to see if Gilmore still has those tendencies.  If so, I would run his way and try to isolate the ball carrier on him.  Unfortunately we don't have a stud runner  to run over somebody except for our QB, so that will be avoided, at least by design.  Maybe we could get Knox the ball where Gilmore has to tackle him...let Knox take a crack at running gilmore over.....

16 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Didn't he force a fumble against the Steelers when they were driving down the field? 

Yup, sure did. 

33 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Didn't he force a fumble against the Steelers when they were driving down the field? 

Yes and didn't Levi get a pick at the end in the endzone to seal the game.

We can name one-offs the whole time if you wish...

?

Edited by MrSarcasm

37 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Whoever 24 was on Sunday....was absolutely terrible.

Whoever 27 was on Sunday...was absolutely a beast....

24 is Taron Johnson -- nickel corner...he got beat badly on one deep ball that I saw...but did you see other plays where he was over matched? I will say that in Dallas, he was excellent all day on Randall Cobb, but his play against the Steelers did not stand out in any way to me.

Levi is really slight.  The draft scouting reports are absolutely dead on.  Preston Williams dominated Levi for the first 3 quarters of the home game against the Phins just with physical play.  The play on Sunday night was, however, a play that likely 75% of the corners in the NFL would not have been able to make so I cut him some slack.  The game sealing pick more than made up for it.....(even though it was a gimmie)...

Edited by JoeF