Moving forward: We need to do something about Gore

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That would actually help the run game tremendously. Especially a guy like Singletary. 

This is actually one of the reasons I hate Duke Williams being inactive every week. He has shown to be a tremendous blocker...I am actually shocked they didnt value this part of his game more

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Stallions said:

I've never seen an NFL team in contention for the SB with such a weak RB roster.  It's incredible.  One small guy is expected to carry the load. I think it's very shortsighted and stupid.

It can be said as many times as YOU say it. But you’re the only one. 

We added 23 new players this year and all but 3 of the entire roster weren’t here 3 years ago. But yes, please tell how bad we suck.. ?‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Our running game is not our problem whatsoever. Singletary is ridiculous at getting as many yards as he should or can. It's not like this line is opening huge holes and no one is getting through them. Singletary has been amazing for the touches. Who do you want to take some of his touches? 

He's not a load caring, feature back.  He has one game over 100 yards.  He was shut down yesterday.

I don’t want to start another RB thread so I will just add to this one. If we are going to make a run in the playoffs we are going to need to be more effective running the ball. Singletary is excellent but behind him we have 0 right now. You could see against the Patriots that the Bills finally realized what they have in Gore yesterday. The guy should not be active and he’s keeping other players off the field. The only thing I want to see in the Jet game, is extreme use of Yeldon and Perry. Unless the Bills plan on bringing in a street FA RB this week, then you need to find out which one of those guys can be the #2 in the playoffs. We are not built to beat teams through the air and we have got to get this ground game going against tough defenses in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BLZFAN4LIFE said:

I was impressed with Marcus Murphy, actually surprised when he didn't make the cut. 5 yard average per carry and protected the ball well. New Orleans and Houston had him in for a look this season. He's currently on an XFL roster.

Being the 3rd back with limited touches and tape available it's on the easier side for a back to average 5 ypc with a very limited look

If he did that with 200 touches it would be very impressive.

We still need another RB tho

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Go sign Lagarrette Blount for the stretch run and try to infuse a little power run game into what we have going right now. A guy that can get you yards that aren’t there. Get some packages out there with 2 TEs, Demarco blount and Josh Allen. That’s an almost automatic 4 yards. 

He can't be worse than Gore at this point, let's make it happen.

5 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Beane ignored the offense skill positions in the offseason and we are seeing the consequences of it

Brown, Beasley, Kroft, Gore and a turnover on the offensive line.  Wouldn’t say he ignored anything.

Krofts been hurt, Gore is good and Brown and Beasley have been great.

Brown has 72 catches and 1,060 yards.  Beasley 67 for 778.

Edited by davefan66

Just now, davefan66 said:

Brown, Beasley, Kroft, Gore and a turnover on the offensive line.  Wouldn’t say he ignored anything.

Krofts been hurt, Gore is good and Brown and Beasley have been great.

Kroft is a bum, waste of a contract

Gore is a walking corpse, McCoy should have never been released. your telling me we couldn't use him this season in the screen game??. Brown and Beasley are great but beyond that we have glorified gym teachers lining up as WR's 

Just now, Tesla03 said:

Kroft is a bum, waste of a contract

Gore is a walking corpse, McCoy should have never been released. your telling me we couldn't use him this season in the screen game??. Brown and Beasley are great but beyond that we have glorified gym teachers lining up as WR's 

Kroft has not played well, he was injured.  

McCoy has 101 carries - 465 yards.  Gore 160 for 573.  McCoy has a higher YPC, but wouldn’t say he’d be our savior.

Anyways, Gore is more of a team player and his working with Singletary is important.

2020 was always the goal to have a complete roster.  I'm surprised by a few in season moves/non-moves like Duke being inactive all the time.  Gore is getting rest, Yeldon fumbles and they're making what they can from this roster.  Personally I see one FA/trade receiver or RB and a 2-3rd round draft of the other.

I know Jones just signed but Atlanta could blow things up.  Roll the dice on AJ Green?  Draft one of the supposed stud WR?  The guy I'd most like to see from the draft at either position?  Edwards-Hellaire.  A total winner and perfect combo with Singletary.