Moving forward: We need to do something about Gore

32 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

If Singleterry goes down, who do you want to replace him as the number one running back? I know who I want, Gore. It would not be a great situation but he would be the best option. Consequently he needs to be active and, yes, he needs touches. He is still getting some tough yards on a lot of his carries. The OP overstates the case.

If Singletary gets hurt I want Yeldon to be the RB. I don’t want to see Gore get another carry unless it’s a 1 yd TD in garbage time of a super bowl win. The guy is done

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t think so either.  I noticed a few weeks ago, when Singletary fumbles, he goes right to the bench.  There were times when Gore plying actually hurt the team with Singletary on the bench - but McDermott wanted to prove a point - you can’t fumble.

I don’t think he trusts TJ, and would rather have a dependable Gore running the ball

You don’t want Perry running the football

Then cut him. Why bother having Yeldon on this roster if you aren’t even going to dress him? You should have just kept Murphy. When Yeldon played he was the only thing we had on offense against NE. If you don’t trust him, cut him and sign another back.

• Like (+1) 2

yea sorry. i was acctually happy to see gore come in yesterday. the fumbling could have lost us the game and gore isnt a worldbeater but hes dependable to grind yards out after first contact and wont fumble...thats what you need in close games to control clock and churn out a hard fought first down. 

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

From Tolbert to Gore...

The Bills had a good #2 back last year: Chris Ivory. Remember the runs he made to seal games last year? The Bills made a mistake replacing him with Gore, IMO.

#2 RB is a big need next year. That and making Brown a #2 WR will help this offense go to the next level.

I liked Ivory in that role last year

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Singletary gets hurt I want Yeldon to be the RB. I don’t want to see Gore get another carry unless it’s a 1 yd TD in garbage time of a super bowl win. The guy is done

Don’t agree. Clearly Yeldon has done nothing to instill a drop of confidence in the coaches. If so he would have seen the field weeks ago! If Gore is “done” then Yeldon never got put in the oven. Before the season is done I wouldn’t be surprised if Gore makes an important contribution.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

yea sorry. i was acctually happy to see gore come in yesterday. the fumbling could have lost us the game and gore isnt a worldbeater but hes dependable to grind yards out after first contact and wont fumble...thats what you need in close games to control clock and churn out a hard fought first down. 

But he’s not churning out the first down. He’s putting the offense off time with 0 yards gained on first and second down. He’s doing the opposite of advancing the game and moving the clock. He’s causing 3 and outs where Singletary is gaining over 5 yards a carry for the season. It’s senseless to not realize it. Gore is the reason we don’t score more. Any other RB on this roster would give us more. Possibly including Demarco

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

Don’t agree. Clearly Yeldon has done nothing to instill a drop of confidence in the coaches. If so he would have seen the field weeks ago! If Gore is “done” then Yeldon never got put in the oven. Before the season is done I wouldn’t be surprised if Gore makes an important contribution.

Hopefully it’s a retirement before the playoffs 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But he’s not churning out the first down. He’s putting the offense off time with 0 yards gained on first and second down. He’s doing the opposite of advancing the game and moving the clock. He’s causing 3 and outs where Singletary is gaining over 5 yards a carry for the season. It’s senseless to not realize it. Gore is the reason we don’t score more. Any other RB on this roster would give us more. Possibly including Demarco

Hopefully it’s a retirement before the playoffs 

i cant disagree but lets not act like guys werent all over him as soon as he touches it. when he gets alittle room and lowers his shoulders he drags guys and gets the extra yardage. pitt has a great d line.

if you asked me before the season id say keep ivory or even grab blount as a hammer type veteran. gore has exceeded expectations so as a rb 2 im ok with. 

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't seen a running back get blown up (and I mean knocked backwards off his feet) as many times as I have seen Gore this season. I can think of at least 5 occasions where he has been obliterated by the defense in short yardage situations. The weird thing is that Gore is still in great shape and weighs 212 but is getting bounced back like a beachball.  All I can figure is that he is too slow to make a move and defensive players are able to get a shot dead centre on him. He is way more done than Shady ever looked last year.

Since the Bills like to teach Singletary a lesson and sit him after he makes a mistake or needs a breather, how about we just kneel the ball down? It's basically the same exact thing. In both scenarios, we are giving up on the drive and Gore running is a wash compared to a kneel down.

Horrible take.  Gore’s stats are down because they are now running him in situations where the opponent is expecting the run and loading the box. Singletary’s fumbles should be a concern and Yeldon was putting the ball on the ground when he was playing earlier in the season.  

Singletary has been good in pass protection in terms of picking up his assignments but has been overpowered in some cases simply because he is a smaller back.  I am perfectly fine having Gore as the safety blanket that won’t fumble and is better in pass pro than Singletary or Yeldon as the pressure increases as we head into the playoffs - especially since teams will continue to blitz Allen until he starts to consistently burn them on the blitz.

I understand the desire for them to activate Duke Williams so we have a bigger receiver on the field - I do not understand the fascination with Yeldon.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

the last guy I want to see anywhere near this team come playoff time is Yeldon. He gets blown over by a stiff breeze and has fumble issues on top of that. I’d rather they grab a guy off the street.