Bills need a 4th quarter song

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's the song the Patriots run into the stadium with. 

Only if we capture it 3x and bring it back with us like a Prize of War

We can start collecting songs like pelts.... Make a trophy case.  

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

love the song but its over played.

Thought about that BB, but was surprised it wasn't offered yet in the thread ?

Felt an obligation to Ozzie to at least offer it...

Edited by JoeF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JoeF said:

Thought about that BB, but was surprised it wasn't offered yet in the thread ?

Felt an obligation to Ozzie to at least offer it...

"Crazy Train" is also the Patriots Entrance Anthem and has been for years - at least the last 14, maybe longer.

So "Crazy Train" is a big no

But how about this?  The Atlanta Falcons entered to "Let's Go" by Trick Daddy - which SAMPLES "Crazy Train"

I wonder if there's a song that samples "Renegade"?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know that this is a 4th Q fight song: "Believer" by "Imagine Dragons"

"Hear me out" (as our tradition goes):

If we win over the Patriots and go into our final game 11-4 with a chance for the division, I would seriously love to hear "Believer" by "Imagine Dragons"

I think it could be a cool song for a stadium.  It's got that catchy opening beat.  Then as it builds to the wailing chorus, that HEY! shout followed by "You Made me A Believer" refrain.

That's far from the whole reason though:

1) It resonates with me as a fan.  Right through me.

All the stuff @Virgil wrote in Point 1 of his "A Few Thoughts" piece this week about "Billsy" - " I learned to not let the hope in.  I learned that the Bills can always find new, creative ways to rip my heart out.  But the minute this game was flexed to Prime Time and we would clinch with a win, I knew I had to be there.  For the first time in 20 years, I Billieved we were going to win that game.  I didn't care what the line was or how good the Steelers defense was.  I didn't care that they were 5-0 in those black jerseys or that we hadn't won there since forever.  I just knew that we were going to win that game and the drive would be worth it.  I knew that expecting Billsy things to happen was behind me and that McD had killed that in us.  If there's anything we've accomplished this season, it's that to me as a fan.  And that, is a great feeling."

Virgil can speak for me there.  (In case changing the screen name to "Hapless Bills Fan" from "Hopeful" doesn't do the job.)

Imagine Dragons says it for me now: "You made me a, You made me a Believer....Believer". 

Whatever happens now:

Thank you Sean McDermott. 

Thank you 2019 Bills.

2) Some of the lyrics resonate with stuff the players have expressed about being disregarded, disrespected, and discounted:

First things first, I'mma say all the words inside my head, I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh The way that things have been, oh ooh
Second things Second Don't you tell me what you think that I could be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh

3) Later lyrics resonate with us all for our hopes as fans for the strong future of this team and the feelings of brothers the players express for each other:

Last things last By the grace of the fire and the flames You're the face of the future, the blood in my veins, oh ooh The blood in my veins, oh ooh

4) In the video, at 2:54 that interlude: "I want to stop" "We can't" (knockout blow) [not in the song]  YEAH!  GET HIM!

5) The name of the song, reiterated again and again, Believer - has such great meaning on many levels.  The critical role of religious faith, being a Believer, to Coach McDermott and to many of the players in their lives.  To succeed as an athlete, the importance of Belief in yourself, that you can do it, you can improve, you can succeed.  The transformative power of other people's Belief and confidence in us - Coaches, Teammates, Family, Friends, and yes, also Fans

Like I said, I don't know if it's some cool establish-a-great-tradition-rally-song.  But in my mind, it encapsulates this season for the Bills

Oh yeah, and: it's the song used to my Favoritest most Awesomest Bills 2019 Hype Video.  The part at the end with Beane taking down the schedule.

OOOOOoooooooh, Chills.

Worth a re-view.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know that this is a 4th Q fight song: "Believer" by "Imagine Dragons"

"Hear me out" (as our tradition goes):

If we win over the Patriots and go into our final game 11-4 with a chance for the division, I would seriously love to hear "Believer" by "Imagine Dragons"

I think it could be a cool song for a stadium.  It's got that catchy opening beat.  Then as it builds to the wailing chorus, that HEY! shout followed by "You Made me A Believer" refrain.

That's far from the whole reason though:

1) It resonates with me as a fan.  Right through me.

All the stuff @Virgil wrote in Point 1 of his "A Few Thoughts" piece this week about "Billsy" - " I learned to not let the hope in.  I learned that the Bills can always find new, creative ways to rip my heart out.  But the minute this game was flexed to Prime Time and we would clinch with a win, I knew I had to be there.  For the first time in 20 years, I Billieved we were going to win that game.  I didn't care what the line was or how good the Steelers defense was.  I didn't care that they were 5-0 in those black jerseys or that we hadn't won there since forever.  I just knew that we were going to win that game and the drive would be worth it.  I knew that expecting Billsy things to happen was behind me and that McD had killed that in us.  If there's anything we've accomplished this season, it's that to me as a fan.  And that, is a great feeling."

Virgil can speak for me there.  (In case changing the screen name to "Hapless Bills Fan" from "Hopeful" doesn't do the job.)

Imagine Dragons says it for me now: "You made me a, You made me a Believer....Believer". 

Whatever happens now:

Thank you Sean McDermott. 

Thank you 2019 Bills.

2) Some of the lyrics resonate with stuff the players have expressed about being disregarded, disrespected, and discounted:

First things first, I'mma say all the words inside my head, I'm fired up and tired of the way that things have been, oh ooh The way that things have been, oh ooh
Second things Second Don't you tell me what you think that I could be I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh

3) Later lyrics resonate with us all for our hopes as fans for the strong future of this team and the feelings of brothers the players express for each other:

Last things last By the grace of the fire and the flames You're the face of the future, the blood in my veins, oh ooh The blood in my veins, oh ooh

4) In the video, at 2:54 that interlude: "I want to stop" "We can't" (knockout blow) [not in the song]  YEAH!  GET HIM!

5) The name of the song, reiterated again and again, Believer - has such great meaning on many levels.  The critical role of religious faith, being a Believer, to Coach McDermott and to many of the players in their lives.  To succeed as an athlete, the importance of Belief in yourself, that you can do it, you can improve, you can succeed.  The transformative power of other people's Belief and confidence in us - Coaches, Teammates, Family, Friends, and yes, also Fans

Like I said, I don't know if it's some cool establish-a-great-tradition-rally-song.  But in my mind, it encapsulates this season for the Bills

Oh yeah, and: it's the song used to my Favoritest most Awesomest Bills 2019 Hype Video.  The part at the end with Beane taking down the schedule.

OOOOOoooooooh, Chills.

Worth a re-view.

Billeiver is great.

It's also clean I think so no problem there.

This one has two songs in it second one starts at like 1:35 and I like that it seems to fit pretty well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If you're getting blown out then most any musical attempt to fabricate energy will fall flat. Otherwise, the song needs to be punchy and up tempo.  Start playing sing-a-long ballads and you'll have the team thinking about their high-school girlfriend or childhood pet instead of preparing to go off on the opponent.  I don't want Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips tearing up and hugging offensive linemen.  I want them unleashing hell and destroying quarterbacks as they attempt to flee.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2019 at 7:35 PM, The Wiz said:

What if it's 4th and a 1/2 a yard?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH WE'RE HALF WAY THERE!!!

Yea I hate it more now even though I replied as a joke.

Anyways, my vote goes to guy on a buffalo.

oooh! That’s a dandy! Guy on a buffalo deserves some strong consideration

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2019 at 7:16 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Need something old school like Red Sox do with “Sweet Caroline” but also working class type tune. Something where the lyrics are easy and the crowd can participate. Something like verse 3 and 4 of this song. Bills defense. 

A Little Louder For the People in the Back!