PTI- Tony admits he was wrong about Coach McDermott

foreboding

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I like your post about the D and giving up the big plays And players learning to do their 1/11, I think you are spot on. 

I understand why people would be skeptical about "culture change" but for some reason Mcdermott was the first guy I actually believed (Rex? Hahaha, Maroon? Hahaha).

I will admit that my initial feelings about McDermott were probably colored by Rex.  I've told this anecdote before: I was highly skeptical when Rex was the hire.  Now I must admit, I wanted Hue Jackson so good thing I'm not hiring, but I digress.  Point is, very skeptical of Rex.  I've told this anecdote before: I was at a party where an acquaintance just talked Rex the h*** up.  Said glowing things about what Rex would do for our club.  Said acquaintance knows his football (he has a well-deserved bust in Canton, for one) and knows many guys who played for Rex, I was totally sold.  Rex was my guy.  I was a believer.  I laughed at Rex sallies and looked forward to the season with great anticipation.

Until the 2nd game.  Then I changed my screen name.  And I haven't talked to said acquaintance since.  He sees me, he disappears and that's a trick, I tell ya.  It's OK, I like his wife. 

I do have a problem with the "big picture" of how the QB situation was handled and also the OL and WR, but I also acknowledge that clubs who on paper did more to acquire a better "bridge" QB (example: Cleveland, Arizona)  did not have much of a better outcome with it, so there's that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/16/2019 at 9:38 PM, Augie said:

If we win the Super Bowl, I’ll have Bocces send you a pizza. Plus you are entitled to an extra nap. Will that help? 

a little perhaps.

: )

thanks my friend

On 12/17/2019 at 5:23 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Saturday triple header on NFLN only...............

stop rubbing it in.
 still trying to figure out a a plan. Maybe I can can get channel  4 from Buffalo on rabbit ears... I live for Bills games. ask my kids.

There is a bar i can walk to maybe. But that will lead to drinking too much etc i worry. I get pretty wound up on game day

On 12/17/2019 at 9:36 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks! (and ?on the timestamp)

The thing is, when McDermott announced Peterman-threw-5-picks as his starting QB the first time, *I* thought he was an idiot. 

Then when he shot Dennison out of town and there were rumors it was Dennison who had insisted, I was like, "OK, he fixes his mistakes".

Then when we announced Peterman as the starting QB x2, I was like "Yep, he's an idiot for reals". 

It can't be denied that there have been some mind-baffling personnel decisions on offense.  If Peterman was genuinely the best choice to start over McCarron and Allen (and he might have been), that just highlights the low quality of the personnel decisions at QB at that time.

I do think trying to function behind that OL last year did set Allen back in his ability to stand in and make reads.

I think it still does.
 1st year with this line .
Be very interested to how this falls out come preseason and who are the starters next year.

Great strides for sure, But still just one year in with these guys +Dawkins. Gotta stabilize that to move forward for Josh .
Talking head know little as compared to what we have been observing with changing dynamics.

Nice thing is both sides of the ball are likely more in need of tweaks instead of some form of desperate rebuilding, as we have felt over the years.

Preaching continuity here ,as best as the team is able  anyways. Money/contracts are coming into play next two years 

How this guy has a show defies the Peter Principle.

Which is based on one can only achieve up to their level of incompetence.

Maybe he and his cohort work for cheap at ESPN ?

Edited by I am the egg man

4 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

How this guy has a show defies the Peter Principle.

Which is based on one can only achieve up to their level of incompetence.

You have no idea what you're talking about.  

Not only was he a great writer, but PTI has been so influential, and has now been on about 20 years or so.  And, still going strong. 

He makes about $6M per year from it according to what I've read.  

2 hours ago, bbb said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.  

Not only was he a great writer, but PTI has been so influential, and has now been on about 20 years or so.  And, still going strong. 

Lots of people overpaid and overrated for what they do in the media.

Edited by I am the egg man

12 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

8 hours ago, bbb said:

6 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Lots of people overpaid and overrated for what they do in the media.