PTI- Tony admits he was wrong about Coach McDermott

foreboding

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

They won’t truly believe until the Bills can show they can demolish a true contender leaving no doubt.

Saturday is as good a day as any. Even if it ends up making no difference in the seedings. I hate those mother f'ers. Stomping them, in their house, on national TV would be a statement.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Saturday is as good a day as any. Even if it ends up making no difference in the seedings. I hate those mother f'ers. Stomping them, in their house, on national TV would be a statement.

Honestly that's all I want.  Go there and shut up all those fair-weather/bandwagon fans that couldn't name a player before Brady took over.

• Like (+1) 3

We all need to realize that everyone who counts in the whole country will be rooting for the Buffalo Bills on Saturday, the shift is happening boys and girls, we are the preferred team, it’s freakin awesome, and the pressure is all on the Pats, I really think we got this. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

This is why I never understood why fans got mad when the media never gave the Bills respect over the last 20 years or so.

It is pretty simple. If you are good and beat good teams, you are going to get praise and you are going to get primetime games.

If you are bad-average which they have been before this year the past 20 years, you aren't going to get respect, and rightfully so

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

We got a great coach in the making. Other people told him not come to Buffalo because Buffalo's losing culture couldn't be changed.

McDermott preached culture from day one and most of us rolled our eyes. He has stayed true to his philosophy, his faith and his process.

He told us all to trust the process. There were no splashy promises, no grandiose displays. Coach promised a culture, a process and hard work.

Under achievers and malcontents were shipped off for the picks he and Beane would use the next year to lay a foundation by getting signal callers for both sides of the ball in the first full draft he and Beane had. They made tough gutsy decisions to clear cap space.

In year one he took a rag tag team of cast offs and found a way to back into the playoffs. This ended a playoff drought of 17 years. The Bills hadn't made the playoffs in the entire 21st Century. It had to help build locker room buy in with what coach was saying. Immediate results speak volumes.

Year two he took some lumps, while a rookie LB learned a complicated defense and took over on field play calling. Josh had to start earlier than planned but McDermott didn't panic. Despite some bad games and a 6-10 record the team was buying in. In season when the Defense was regressing, he took control of the Defensive play calling to right the ship. The buck stopped with McDermott. Did McDermott fire Frazier, publicly call him out or embarrass him? No he helped Frazier understand how his defense and the personnel Buffalo had play it better. He did this because he is a true leader.

Year three 10 of 11 defensive players returned. Frazier, Edmunds and McDermott are on the same page. The Defense is in the top 5 in almost all statistical categories. McDermott knew the defense would have to carry the load since 9 of 11 starters on the offense were new. Sure, the schedule assisted, sure Buffalo got some good bounces, but most football teams have these opportunities. Somehow Buffalo, for 17 years, couldn't take advantage of softer schedules. Sometimes what is called luck is the result of preparation and execution. The Bills have secured a playoff spot with two weeks to go. The division is still in play. How many times have the Pats had to play to the last whistle in a season? Players love the locker room, the organization, winning, the culture a lot of us laughed at, and the process. Buffalo played the two top teams in the conference to one score losses. They went into Pittsburgh, Dallas and Tennessee and found ways to win, two of those games in the national spotlight. Those are games the Bills of 1999-2017 always found ways to lose those games.

Buffalo is earning a hard won and begrudging respect, unless you're PFF.

Playoffs 2 of 3 years. 90 million in cap space, a nearly full slate of picks, few big contracts coming up and a culture that has turned. Football players will want to come to Buffalo.

It all started with coach McDermott, and the best is yet to come.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

We got a great coach in the making. Other people told him not come to Buffalo because Buffalo's losing culture couldn't be changed.

McDermott preached culture from day one and most of us rolled our eyes. He has stayed true to his philosophy, his faith and his process.

He told us all to trust the process. There were no splashy promises, no grandiose displays. Coach promised a culture, a process and hard work.

Under achievers and malcontents were shipped off for the picks he and Beane would use the next year to lay a foundation by getting signal callers for both sides of the ball in the first full draft he and Beane had. They made tough gutsy decisions to clear cap space.

In year one he took a rag tag team of cast offs and found a way to back into the playoffs. This ended a playoff drought of 17 years. The Bills hadn't made the playoffs in the entire 21st Century. It had to help build locker room buy in with what coach was saying. Immediate results speak volumes.

Year two he took some lumps, while a rookie LB learned a complicated defense and took over on field play calling. Josh had to start earlier than planned but McDermott didn't panic. Despite some bad games and a 6-10 record the team was buying in. In season when the Defense was regressing, he took control of the Defensive play calling to right the ship. The buck stopped with McDermott. Did McDermott fire Frazier, publicly call him out or embarrass him? No he helped Frazier understand how his defense and the personnel Buffalo had play it better. He did this because he is a true leader.

Year three 10 of 11 defensive players returned. Frazier, Edmunds and McDermott are on the same page. The Defense is in the top 5 in almost all statistical categories. McDermott knew the defense would have to carry the load since 9 of 11 starters on the offense were new. Sure, the schedule assisted, sure Buffalo got some good bounces, but most football teams have these opportunities. Somehow Buffalo, for 17 years, couldn't take advantage of softer schedules. Sometimes what is called luck is the result of preparation and execution. The Bills have secured a playoff spot with two weeks to go. The division is still in play. How many times have the Pats had to play to the last whistle in a season? Players love the locker room, the organization, winning, the culture a lot of us laughed at, and the process. Buffalo played the two top teams in the conference to one score losses. They went into Pittsburgh, Dallas and Tennessee and found ways to win, two of those games in the national spotlight. Those are games the Bills of 1999-2017 always found ways to lose those games.

Buffalo is earning a hard won and begrudging respect, unless you're PFF.

Playoffs 2 of 3 years. 90 million in cap space, a nearly full slate of picks, few big contracts coming up and a culture that has turned. Football players will want to come to Buffalo.

It all started with coach McDermott, and the best is yet to come.

You are such a homer

I love you btw

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Lurker said:

F Kornholer...

To be fair, lot of people here called for McDermott’s head over Peterman. 
Might not like the guy but how many of these talking heads come out and say “I was completely wrong” 

Im not a fan of that show they bore me but I’ll give some respect because sooooo many of those guys stick to their guns. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

To be fair, lot of people here called for McDermott’s head over Peterman. 
Might not like the guy but how many of these talking heads come out and say “I was completely wrong” 

Im not a fan of that show they bore me but I’ll give some respect because sooooo many of those guys stick to their guns. 

The Peterman thing was weird. no question

But so is your avatar.

it scares me a little bit....

• Haha (+1) 3