Victory Monday Interviews

Brian Daboll:

Daboll is usually "not too much" but this was really a broken record interview absent much informational content.

He was asked about Singletary's fumbles and said Watt did a good job and we went right back to him to let him know we have confidence in him, that's important for a young guy  Strangely, no one asked him about Allen's abilities to throw long passes :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Coach McDermott

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BuffaloBills/videos/?ref=page_internal

At about 6:50 someone asks him about the team's response to "Renegade" and he actually laughs out loud and says "Oh, Man, That was Awesome!"

Reposting from general Bills-Pats thread: Twitter links.  Thanks, @Warcodered!

Add this link instead

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, london_bills said:

Daboll presser is interesting. Think I get from that mcdermott was happy to run on 3rd down to take the three points for 10-10.

That might be the case, actually.    And I can't 100% say that I think it's the wrong decision.

Remember in the NE game when Josh was knocked out and Barkley came in?  We got stalled out on the NWE 2 yd line. 

McDermott went for it and the pass to Zay Jones was incomplete.  If we take the points there, it's 16-13 and we have the possibility to tie it with a 2nd FG at the end of the game.

Of course, the "Live Lion" choice is play calling and choice such that you don't get stalled on the NWE 2.

What did you think about all the talk of players executing?

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That might be the case, actually.    And I can't 100% say that I think it's the wrong decision.

Remember in the NE game when Josh was knocked out and Barkley came in?  We got stalled out on the NWE 2 yd line. 

McDermott went for it and the pass to Zay Jones was incomplete.  If we take the points there, it's 16-13 and we have the possibility to tie it with a 2nd FG at the end of the game.

Of course, the "Live Lion" choice is play calling and choice such that you don't get stalled on the NWE 2.

What did you think about all the talk of players executing?

Yeah when watching the game I actually thought to take the 3 points there. It just felt like a big 3 points - mcdermott does talk about every moment being different and I felt better at 10-10. Because our defence had their number I think.

I highlight this really as Daboll gets criticism for run plays there but he has to go with what mcd wants in those situations.

I think when playing a better team/QB there's an argument to going for a TD. The new england one is I interesting as I would of wanted a TD there but I take your point.

I didn't notice talk of players executing as such.

There was a question and I wasn't sure if daboll was saying one of the runs called was actually a pass (that Allen changed it) , I think the reporter mentioned tre white though. I dont think Daboll would mention this however.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Phillips on One Bills Live today was a good listen.

I love how soft spoken he is. Dude is a grizzly bear on the field but then sounds like quite a well spoken and quiet man off field. Great listen!

4 hours ago, london_bills said:

Daboll presser is interesting. Think I get from that mcdermott was happy to run on 3rd down to take the three points for 10-10.

I know we all were disappointed about some of the overly conservative play calling. But it seemed like it was all intentional and done to win the game by 3 or 7 points basically. And if that was the plan, it worked perfectly.