Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely, yet again

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

A good look at his history. He started using Xanax and Codeine in 7th grade. Gangs at 15. Then some ass-hat-coach at Baylor helped Gordon cheat his drug tests so he could keep playing. When you start using prescription meds at 12/13, you really don't have much of a chance against being an addict. Then add gangs at 15, and adults helping you keep your addictions going from 18-20 so you can be "successful". 

Jerry Jones assigned a babysitter to Dez Bryant.

I always wondered if that was in his contract.

42 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

In all fairness weed is legal in Seattle.

Is it a certainty that weed was what caused this suspension? I think it’s past due for the NFL to change their rules if so. It has verifiable legitsment uses for example pain relief that could benefit players. He may be psychologically addicted but I haven’t heard that weed is actually physically so. In his case it may be a distinction without a difference 

Edited by Margarita
Typo

41 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I always point to Gordon when people say Weed isn't addictive.

Anyone who chooses Marijuana over $$,$$$,$$$ is clearly a junkie.

Weed is mentally addictive just like anything. It doesn't however hold the same physical withdrawals and addiction that other harder drugs and tobacco have. But yes if you choose weed over an NFL career you are stupid and also not good at beating a easy to beat policy (Aaron Hernandez beat the NFL's weed policy they test you once a year right before training camp.) 

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Is it a certainty that weed was what caused this suspension? I think it’s past due for the NFL to change their rules if so. It has verifiable legitsment uses for example pain relief that could benefit players. He may be psychologically addicted but I haven’t heard that weed is actually physically so. In his case it may be a distinction without a difference 

The change may well come some day, but there is always something about something and talented people sometimes just find a way to f things up. Doesn't make them bad people, but it just is what it is.  He's gone, and there wasn't nothing nobody could do about it. 

10 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I agree with you on the "past due" thing

But that's a "maybe in the future"

Here's the thing that bothers me for the guy's future. 

To a large extent, success in our society is a matter of being willing and able to abide rules - homeowners rules, condo association rules, car insurance rules, traffic laws, etc.  And yep, employers rules.

It doesn't bode well for the guy's life outside of football to be unable to handle that within football.

• Like (+1) 2