Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely, yet again

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

In all fairness weed is legal in Seattle.

It's still illegal nationally. The locals just don't enforce it. I consider it more a sanctuary law, rather than legalization.

Not to mention the Seahawks play in states where they still arrest people for it. Happened to a friend of mine boarding a plane from Texas to California. Idiot had CBD oil in his carry-on. Dog got him.

Imagine if they detain half the visiting team at the airport. ?

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is exactly where I stand on it. I don’t always have sympathy for a lot of guys that do dumb stuff. Usually that’s the case with failed tests. I have 2 good friends that played in the league and both had drug suspensions from adderall. They were idiots.

Josh Gordon isn’t that. He’s an addict. He has a drug problem. I was engaged to an alcoholic. She’s almost 3 years sober now but I saw the way that controlled her. You become powerless. Josh Gordon needs to focus on fixing his life and worry about football another time. 

A good look at his history. He started using Xanax and Codeine in 7th grade. Gangs at 15. Then some ass-hat-coach at Baylor helped Gordon cheat his drug tests so he could keep playing. When you start using prescription meds at 12/13, you really don't have much of a chance against being an addict. Then add gangs at 15, and adults helping you keep your addictions going from 18-20 so you can be "successful". 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is exactly where I stand on it. I don’t always have sympathy for a lot of guys that do dumb stuff. Usually that’s the case with failed tests. I have 2 good friends that played in the league and both had drug suspensions from adderall. They were idiots.

Josh Gordon isn’t that. He’s an addict. He has a drug problem. I was engaged to an alcoholic. She’s almost 3 years sober now but I saw the way that controlled her. You become powerless. Josh Gordon needs to focus on fixing his life and worry about football another time. 

I agree. But if this one is for "performance enhancing "drugs, it may be something unrelated to his addiction. 

I know some will scoff, but I also believe AB probably has some fairly serious psychological issues. IMO he needs to address those before worrying about playing football. 

• Like (+1) 1