Jags lose NFLPA Grievance. 25% of NFL grievances filed against Jags.

MAJBobby

14 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I think Doug wasn't a bad coach, but maybe a bad human. Not sure.

I am.

He preached the team was a family and then bailed on that team when he knew he could get a year of free money out of the Bills as well as become the HC of the Jests.

One of the two worked out for him and, years later, he is about to get canned.

Couldn't happen to a nicer human being.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I think Doug wasn't a bad coach, but maybe a bad human. Not sure.

The moment as a kid when you got smacked around and learned humility never happened for Doug.  You can see it in the way he carries himself.  He's always been able to beat down anybody whoever crossed his path as a kid or young man.  Coughlin is cut from the Bill Parcells cloth but have never heard him being described as a mean person with me knowing people who have known Tom.

21 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Wow, that is the really amazing and, to be honest, almost hard to believe. 

The guy has issues with control, that much is clear. I was so mad when he bailed but could not be happier now. He is not a leader...he’s an authoritarian. 

As soon as I read this the first thing I thought about was his fight with Whaley about firing him.  Seems like we dodged a bullet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That might be too much cash. Especially with Star, Jerry, and Murphy. Not that I'd mind getting rid of them, just not sure how that would work. 

Star has an out after next year that would only cost $5 in dead cap. Murphy only has one more year left and his dead cap would only be $1.75 million if cut next year. 

I'd much rather have J Phillips over Star, I'd be surprised if they don't use that out after next year. Keep him around next year while H Phillips gets to 100% and then you've got Jordan, Harry, and Ed as your top 3, that's a damn good looking group. 

You're right, it would be a lot of cash tied up. It depends how much Jordan (and Shaq) are looking for.

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Wow, that is the really amazing and, to be honest, almost hard to believe. 

The guy has issues with control, that much is clear. I was so mad when he bailed but could not be happier now. He is not a leader...he’s an authoritarian. 

Doug or Coughlin? Maybe both.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Doug or Coughlin? Maybe both.

Its gotta be both, right? 

If one was doing it without the other knowing, the one who doesn't know has zero idea what's going on in the building. 

Looks really bad on both of them IMO.

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1