Any other Long Suffering Bills fans just feel great about sticking with the team?

billsfan89

9 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

My low point was when they hired Wrex.

I called my ticket rep and tried to cancel right then he wouldn't let me so I cancelled the next year.

He said are you out of your mind besides losing your seniority Wrex is just what this team needs.

I laughed and said when he gets fired after 2 or three years I will be back.

I just knew McD and Beane were the right guys at the right time and from the depths of despair rose renewed hope :)

That POS Wrex cost me 15yrs of seniority ;) 

Ha!  After the 2nd game with Rex as HC was when I changed my screen name from "Hopeful" to "Hapless"

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am beyond happy about the season but not being a Bills fan was never an option. 

Same here, and I became a fan for the 1970 season.  Shaw to Briscoe and Moses.  

I stuck with the Golden State Warriors for 35 years before finally experiencing a championship.

I’ve stuck with the Oakland A’s who’ve now gone 30 years since the 1989 Series win, which I wasn’t able to fully enjoy due to the earthquake.

Then there’s the NHL.  Fan of both the Sabres and the San Jose Sharks since their inaugural seasons. That’s 48 seasons for the Sabres and 27 seasons  for the Sharks with no Stanley Cups.  In case you think my math was wrong, remember that the 2004-05 season was cancelled so technically next season will be the Sabres 50th.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is where I am.  I am so happy!  Beyond thrilled right now. 

But not being a Bills fan was never an option.  As it's said it's in my DNA

Scientists are working on this night and day. No telling when a cure might be available. I’m passing on the vaccine. I’m good being part crazy! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Scientists are working on this night and day. No telling when a cure might be available. I’m passing on the vaccine. I’m good being part crazy! 

You know, tying threads together,  Billy Joel "You May Be Right" would be a pretty cool Bills anthem if one could replace the bedford-sty reference.

"you may be right...I may be crazy ....but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for"

Maybe not rock-y enough for a rally song

I have been tuning in since the late 80s & I haven’t tuned out. This team is special. I know Allen is far from a finished product but he seems to have the talent to create magic in the postseason if he can dial it down and take what the defense gives him.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

You're always a Bills fan...

I never quit being a fan but I wasn't paying to watch that buffoon destroy a team that was on the rise at the time  :(

I guess everything happens for a reason and we got the duo of McBeane out of it :) 

I'm one of those here who were born into the Bills and never considered another team, never even considered considering. I remember OJ stuffing the snowball into the camera in tribute to the fans sitting in their warm living rooms. Been some hard times since then, a lot of shouting at the TV and long periods of mourning. The only time I was truly disgusted was during the Rex Ryan. I could stomach the incompetence--god knows we're used to that--but that blowhard personality... That was not Buffalo and not the Bills. This team does feel right. I'll take the winning, too! ?

I became a season ticket holder in 2007, gave them up after the 2010 season. Still went to several games a year, just not all of the them. Currently i have had seasons since 2015.

Its crazy to think how in 2007, how much i dreamed what it would be like: to be relevant, to win on national tv, to find out what its like to be in the playoffs. Even in 2007, the 1999 season seemed so long ago. Here we are, going back to the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years. This year, we have 3 weeks before the playoffs even start, and we are already in. And we have already won 2 national tv games.

That’s what fandom is about.  The more I hung in there over the years, the more determined I became to hang in there.

And it’s a real bond with other Bills fans.  Sure, some fan bases have had a similar experience - but not many.  Doesn’t matter where I am in the world - if I see someone with a Bills hat or shirt, it’s like they’re family.

I have no envy at all for the average millennial Patriots fan.  You’ve gotta go through some tough times to really appreciate the good ones.  They’ll never have that.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:54 PM, cage said:

I grew up in Buffalo/Tonawanda in the '70s and have been a lifelong fan!  I live in Virginia and have been with my wife for 15 years.  They've never had a good season the whole time she's known me.  She finally asked me a few years ago.... why don't you just choose a new team?  Obviously that's not in the cards and yesterday was vindication!  I'm so happy that they won their way in on the first opportunity rather than backing in through other team's losses.  Onward!

I’m so with you brother. I live in VA but grew up in Rochester. For so many years I’ve had to break out the “okay so if we win out and 6 other teams lose, we might make the playoffs” scenarios. This year she said “so...who has to lose so the Bills get in?” and I just hugged her. Btw I couldn’t help but be proud of the Mafia in Richmond and Norfolk on Sunday Night. 
47-CEDABC-FC00-403-A-9411-50-E846-F1-F45

On 12/16/2019 at 2:39 PM, longtimebillsfan said:

My first memories of the Bills go back to the 1963 season.  I have been around a long time, and never even considered not being a Bills fan.

During the 21st century it has been so difficult to accept the consistently bad teams that this organization has put on the field.

New ownership, new gm, new coach...It is great to be a Bills fan again.

We are relevant!

Yes - finally relevant again.  I went with my Dad to a 1960 game.  I got hooked on the Bills since that day!