Belichick already spotted at Bills practice

DJB

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I was impressed with the attention to that detail.

If the Bills have only a 4% chance of raising their playoff seeding the game is tactically 96% meaningless...........but from the standpoint of earning trust in his ability to beat BB from the locker room it is very important to win this game.

Producing a gameplan and game day coaching performance that beats Belichick is a vital next step for McD and for the perception of the organization.........something which may impact free agency decisions or potential assistant coaching hires etc..    

There is A LOT to gain from McD not falling to 0-6 versus Belichick.

Agreed.  We had our "moral victory" against the Patriots***(*) earlier this year when we hung in there 10-16 with a chance to win with a 1st on NWE 8 in the 4Q AFTER we had a blocked punt, Josh threw 3 picks and fumbled (0 lost), and the Pats concussed him and knocked him out of the game.  We had another chance in NE territory, and Barkley fumbled (0 lost) and threw a pick. 

Pretty much everything that could go wrong did, yet we were still in it at the end!  Likewise with the Ravens game - not as many miscues but still - in it with a chance to tie at the end.

Now it's time for us to take a step and show we can actually close the deal against these teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I vote for a fake walkthrough and don't use the radio helmets.  Siganal the plays in instead or shuffle a player in with them.  Be careful what you say in the locker room.

I would just flat out assume every area you are in will have cameras and/or audio bugs. Including the bus and the hotel.  NFL rules don't say anything about the hotel so in BB world that means it's cool.

Leave fake plays books and call sheets around.  Bring in some top level counter surveillance to sweep the meeting areas, coach's boxes, etc.

or you do what Secret Service does when the President travels, they do all those sweeps, then they erect tents inside the rooms they are assigned to and all the gear goes inside the tents.  How awesome would that be to see?  Big hotel conference room with a wedding sized event tent inside.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I vote for a fake walkthrough and don't use the radio helmets.  Siganal the plays in instead or shuffle a player in with them.  Be careful what you say in the locker room.

You know, the rules don't say that the QB has to have the radio helmet I don't think.  Just that there can only be one and it needs to have the sticker (unless that changed and I'm wrong).  I'd give it to the center this week, let Josh call his own game and have the eye in the sky help with line calls.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The story of McDermott blasting the players at practice with "Renegade" until they just about puked at the opening bass beat, actually give me some HOPE that just maybe, McDermott may be a bit closer to the weight class of a coach who could beat Belicheck than I thought he was.

Now if his clock management and Daboll's play calling sequences could just climb up and join this most excellent piece of psyops.

Blasting music isn’t a coaching skill. All teams prepare for their opponent in different ways; some practice in the elements, some blasts crowd noise to replicate a hostile crowd. 

Beating the Pats* consistently would give me more confidence that McD can match Belly coaching skills. Belly cheating is a whole other issue that should factor into his history*

The Beane and McD regime has NEVER beaten the Patriots, which is concerning. Hopeful it happens Sunday. 

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The radio helmets these days are probably the most secure things on the field.  They are VOIP on a dedicated frequency.

Signals, OTOH, can be stolen, and shuffling a player in is too slow and ineffective if the plays are coming down from the booth.

Be careful what you say in the locker room and hotel meeting rooms is a point.  Gather everyone close in the middle of the room and have white noise around the edge.

Paper and board sterility - no play call sheets to be left in the room, collect 'em and shred 'em.  Play some crap in the locker room while writing what you have to say on a flip board and shredding it afterwards.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The radio helmets these days are probably the most secure things on the field.  They are VOIP on a dedicated frequency.

Signals, OTOH, can be stolen, and shuffling a player in is too slow and ineffective if the plays are coming down from the booth.

Be careful what you say in the locker room and hotel meeting rooms is a point.  Gather everyone close in the middle of the room and have white noise around the edge.

Paper and board sterility - no play call sheets to be left in the room, collect 'em and shred 'em.  Play some crap in the locker room while writing what you have to say on a flip board and shredding it afterwards.

How sad is it that these are real concerns........?

• Thank you (+1) 1