Russ Salvatore letter to the editor in 2018

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

FFS, the last person who deserves derision for losing faith in this team is Russ Salvatore. He’s a great, self-made man and we have been fortunate to have him in our community for all these years. From his many philanthropic contributions to his ceaseless Buffalo boosting in the business community, he’s shown time and time again that he puts Buffalo and it’s people first. 

How many other fans have we known to have reached their breaking point over the years? Christ, how many of them come to this forum just to rejoice in that? There has never been a bigger fan of this team and he’s welcome aboard the band wagon any time he wishes to climb back on. 

This^

How many Fans at TBD or Bills fans in general have bought 7000 tickets to avoid not selling out?

https://news.wbfo.org/post/salvatore-buys-remaining-bills-tickets-sundays-patriots-game

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I really didn't know who he was until I googled it.

33 years removed from wny and even when I lived there, I couldn't tell you I knew who he was/is.

He's only like the most recognizable businessman in WNY for a super long time

Salvatore's Italian gardens which is called Italian prime by Salvatore's now has been a huge restaurant in WNY for like 60 years

He also was the guy who bought all the unbought tickets back in the black out days

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wealthy Buffalo restauranteur. He has an annual party in Miami for the Bills game and, I’m pretty sure he had one this year so kind of bizarre. Some background in this article from a couple years ago -

https://buffalonews.com/2017/04/21/seething-salvatore-says-nfl-schedule-displaces-annual-bills-miami-bash/

He did have his annual party down in Miami.  He must have had a knee jerk reaction to many frustrating years.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, posting this is crap.  Russell has been a Bills supporter for decades, he would buy out the tickets just in time to lift a blackout (and donating the tixs to local charities), supporting and funding the Jills when they needed it, hosting a great party in Ft. Lauderdale every year before the Bills-Miami game and charging nothing to go....Russell is one of the all time good guys in Buffalo and deserves praise for his efforts over the years.

Edited by bills_fan
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Give the guy a break.  He is 86 and long term plans don't play well with those in that age group.

Young snot will call anyone years older than him boomer.  Russ lived through the Depression and WWII.  He is a good man

He is but you never give up on your team, maybe he was too busy to know what McDermott was doing but it was clear to see he was the right coach for this team.

49 minutes ago, K-9 said:

FFS, the last person who deserves derision for losing faith in this team is Russ Salvatore. He’s a great, self-made man and we have been fortunate to have him in our community for all these years. From his many philanthropic contributions to his ceaseless Buffalo boosting in the business community, he’s shown time and time again that he puts Buffalo and it’s people first. 

How many other fans have we known to have reached their breaking point over the years? Christ, how many of them come to this forum just to rejoice in that? There has never been a bigger fan of this team and he’s welcome aboard the band wagon any time he wishes to climb back on. 

Come home Russ!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Last year was rough and was a necessary part of the process.

I Billieved in our Coach and GM getting it right and getting our QB and MLB in the same draft was genius.

I picked an 11-5 record before the season as it looked like we had a lot of pieces in place.

Poor old Mr Salvatore couldn't take getting his heart broken anymore at 85 years young I can understand.

I can’t believe anyone is bashing this guy. This is the same guy that during blackout era would buy up thousands of seats so people could watch the game on TV. Then he would give all those tickets away to everyone including charities for kids and just anyone in general. The dude loves this city and our community. So what if he had a breaking point. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's only like the most recognizable businessman in WNY for a super long time

Salvatore's Italian gardens which is called Italian prime by Salvatore's now has been a huge restaurant in WNY for like 60 years

He also was the guy who bought all the unbought tickets back in the black out days

been gone a super long time and back then being west of buffalo I rarely went to buffalo or was aware of any of the big business owners of the city being from a small town.

seems like a stand up citizen though and generous. I know that was a fine piece of beef on that plate, I'd take on a couple of those 14oz steaks for sure.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

been gone a super long time and back then being west of buffalo I rarely went to buffalo or was aware of any of the big business owners of the city being from a small town.

seems like a stand up citizen though and generous. I know that was a fine piece of beef on that plate, I'd take on a couple of those 14oz steaks for sure.

He has always supported the bills and spent ALOT of money on them

I never heard about that article and I'm honestly a little surprised.. he went through much tougher times than that

Maybe it's the old age

We all say things we regret. He has done a lot of good in the community. I also love how in this PC culture we live in that age discrimination is all good and kosher with this "okay boomer" crap (Russ is too old to be a boomer anyways). I'm 37 and was brought up to respect my elders. Not cool.

• Like (+1) 2

Somebody write him a letter welcoming him back into the fold, anyone got his address?

Go Bills!!!

This man is a complete narcissist.  He does things for the community, sure, but it is 100% to foster his brand and get the advertising out of it.  Having intimate knowledge of how he treats his staff and family members I can assure you this is the case.  He has a lot of you, and a lot of our community fooled.  Trust me.  I'll never spend a dime at any of his establishments ever again, and it has nothing to do with this letter..

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, bills_fan said:

Honestly, posting this is crap.  Russell has been a Bills supporter for decades, he would buy out the tickets just in time to lift a blackout (and donating the tixs to local charities), supporting and funding the Jills when they needed it, hosting a great party in Ft. Lauderdale every year before the Bills-Miami game and charging nothing to go....Russell is one of the all time good guys in Buffalo and deserves praise for his efforts over the years.

I agree! 

Edited by Bob in STL

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I really didn't know who he was until I googled it.

33 years removed from wny and even when I lived there, I couldn't tell you I knew who he was/is.

He's pretty well known in the WNY community.  Wealthy guy who has given a lot back in various ways over the years.

Not sure we need a "Let's bash Russ Salvatore" thread just when the team is finally enjoying a 10 win season.

The fact is this season is turning in to a bit of a perfect storm in its own right.

• Awesome! (+1) 1