Gems from Peter King

JÂy RÛßeÒ

King couldn't 

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Night game Sunday: Man, you don’t want to draw the Bills in the playoffs.

The Bills have allowed just 14.3 points per game in their recent 5-2 run, and they showed Sunday night they’re going to be tough for any team to beat. Stout run defense and a heck of a secondary, led by White, will keep them in most games.

Regular-season appearances on “Sunday Night Football,” prior to last night, in the 13-year history of the NBC series:

Pittsburgh, 30.
Buffalo, 1.

Typical King when it comes to the Bills. Says two nicey nices to set up a subtle shot at them.  

14 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I saw a tweat, I think from Field Yates, that said the Bills won 10 games for the first time since '99, snapping the NFL's longest streak without double digit wins.  I wonder who holds that record now?

The answer was part of the same tweet lol browns in 2007

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1206431477187203072

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, section122 said:

I was looking up stats for another thread and came across the fact that the much maligned Bills run defense has moved to #10.

That means the Defense is top 10 in ypg, ppg, passing ypg, rush ypg, and turnovers.  Didn't keep digging but they are every bit as good as advertised!

3rd in yards/gm

3rd in Passing Yards/gm

10th in Rushing yards/gm

2nd in  Pts/gm (15.9)

6th in 3rd Down Conversion Rate (35%)

7th in Fumbles generated (24)

8th in INTs (13)

3rd in TDs given (27 TDs)   11Rush, 13 Passing

7th in Sacks (42 sacks)

Pretty much every category is in the books for this top-10 defense. !!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The somewhat humorous thing is that all the attention is exactly what the team/organization wants, it equals more coin in Terry and Kim’s bank accounts, after all they didn’t do this for charity, all my fellow old guys are just going to have to take down their, “ Get of my lawn “ signs.  Just think of it this way, it deepens the establishment in Buffalo and reduces the need to move on from Western NY. It’s a win win proposition. ??

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wagon Circler said:

True but 47 games without 300 yards is a complete embarassment.

Who's embarrassed?  I'm not.

How many teams have made the playoffs twice in 3 years during that 47 game timeline?

16 minutes ago, ganesh said:

3rd in yards/gm

3rd in Passing Yards/gm

10th in Rushing yards/gm

2nd in  Pts/gm (15.9)

6th in 3rd Down Conversion Rate (35%)

7th in Fumbles generated (24)

8th in INTs (13)

3rd in TDs given (27 TDs)   11Rush, 13 Passing

7th in Sacks (42 sacks)

Pretty much every category is in the books for this top-10 defense. !!!!

Those are pretty cool to see. 

Not even being a homer I truly think the BIlls have the Best D in the NFL overall right now. 

300 passing yards for Josh or WINNING

300 passing yards for Josh or WINNING

300 passing yards for Josh or WINNING

hmmmm    I'll take winning 

And here’s a look at how the Bills can take the AFC East, as explained by NBC Sports’ Peter King.

“The 10-4 Bills play the 11-3 Patriots next Saturday afternoon in Foxboro, but the Bills have to go 2-0 down the stretch and New England 0-2 for Buffalo to win the AFC East for the first time since 1995. (New England has the common-foe tiebreaker by virtue of beating Philly and Cleveland, while Buffalo lost to both.) If the Bills, who clinched a playoff spot Sunday night, make the playoffs as the fifth seed, it’s possible they could have to beat Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes—all on the road—to get to the Super Bowl. Yikes. For a team that hasn’t won a playoff game in this century, that’s a big task.”

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

17 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We get it...... Embarrassing nonetheless regardless of what you say.....

Watching the game it seemed that the Bills played the entire game with the goal of scoring 17 points...  I don't like it & concerned that come playoff time or 2020 when they need to score 30 points (as in the Philly/Cle/Balt) game they can't. 

5 games under 200 yards passing.  Sorry want to see more and know they can.       

Well, I'll make sure to get a memo off to the organization immediately

18 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I mean that's great and all, but King admitted in the preseason that he's not interested in covering the Bills anymore because they lack relevance as an organization (it was in one of his PFT columns in August), and he has barely mentioned them all season.  Now, on the heels of the most exciting moment the franchise and its fans have had in 20 years, his feature story is a sit-down with Mike McCarthy.

I used to like Peter King.  I really miss Dr. Z.  Albert Breer is the best read out there right now.

You gotta write the stuff that makes people click - there's just a helluva lot more Packers fans out there. It's reality, but reality changes as exciting new teams emerge. Were the Ravens a hot ticket in the Joe Flacco era?

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You gotta write the stuff that makes people click - there's just a helluva lot more Packers fans out there. It's reality, but reality changes as exciting new teams emerge. Were the Ravens a hot ticket in the Joe Flacco era?

Let's be honest, we are Bills' fans, they are not EXCITING......

They have a great defense, that is more bend then break vs. smothering.  Their offense is like watching paint dry with their emphasis on field position & minimize mistakes.

I want more then anything for them to be exciting.

33 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes they were..They did have the best defense in Football captained by Ray Lewis.

19 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Fitzy threw for 300 yards against the Bills.  So did Dak.  Want to guess what happened?  Yards don't matter.  Wins do.

They do!

And if you’re NOT throwing for 300 yards consistently, you better have the 85 Bears D, cause you’re not going to be winning consistently!

Here’s the record for this HOFer during this Millennium and the team’s record:

Drew Brees 2002-2019 = 

Number of 300-Yard Games: 128 (120 regular season, 8 postseason)

Team Record in 300-Yard Games: 82-46 (79-41 regular season, 3-5 postseason)

1 minute ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

They do!

And if you’re NOT throwing for 300 yards consistently, you better have the 85 Bears D, cause you’re not going to be winning consistently!

Here’s the record for this HOFer during this Millennium and the team’s record:

Drew Brees 2002-2019 = 

Number of 300-Yard Games: 128 (120 regular season, 8 postseason)

Team Record in 300-Yard Games: 82-46 (79-41 regular season, 3-5 postseason)

But the Bills ARE winning consistently.  All without a 300 yard game.  I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find anecdotal cases that strengthen each argument.  But the whole point of this conversation was specifically about Allen not producing 300 yard games...which based on the 10 and 4 records...tells me 300 yard games don't really matter.

13 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

But the Bills ARE winning consistently.  All without a 300 yard game.  I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find anecdotal cases that strengthen each argument.  But the whole point of this conversation was specifically about Allen not producing 300 yard games...which based on the 10 and 4 records...tells me 300 yard games don't really matter.

You know why that is.

1) They do have a stout D.

2) They played the cupcake sked of all time! 

But, McD is so concerned about his Offense, that he swallowed his balls with 2 minutes to go in the first half v.s. Pitt.

YOU cannot keep winning this way in 2019! 

300 yard games do matter! Just check the All Time records during this Millennium. Without looking, I’ll bet EVERY QB with a significant number of them, has a very successful team record.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

You know why that is.

1) They do have a stout D.

2) They played the cupcake sked of all time! 

But, McD is so concerned about his Offense, that he swallowed his balls with 2 minutes to go in the first half v.s. Pitt.

YOU cannot keep winning this way in 2019! 

300 yard games do matter! Just check the All Time records during this Millennium. Without looking, I’ll bet EVERY QB with a significant number of them, has a very successful team record.

Are you always this happy when your team makes the playoffs for the 2nd time in 20 years...with 2 games to go...with the Division still technically in play?  I honestly don't get how some people can get so hung up on irrelevant details and simply cannot enjoy the ride.

35 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You just won't stop (and many here brainwashed just as you are).  300 yards is not a terrible thing to aspire to (or really that difficult to achieve).  

Actually the Bills are similar to Seattle (another of my favorite teams) who while playing a much tougher schedule have won a # of games by the skin of their teeth & Carroll too at times have been way too conservative (even with Wilson at QB).  Vs Carolina Sunday was a perfect example, as they did whatever they wanted to early & then went into a shell.  My concern with them too is that it is not sustainable & being conservative doesn't do it in the long run.

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Are you always this happy when your team makes the playoffs for the 2nd time in 20 years...with 2 games to go...with the Division still technically in play?  I honestly don't get how some people can get so hung up on irrelevant details and simply cannot enjoy the ride.

Actually pretty sad that it is only twice in 20 years.....  My concern is that they have put all their eggs in one basket and frankly I have higher expectations from this offense, but have no idea as to their potential because of how they are coached & the conservative nature.

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

You just won't stop (and many here brainwashed just as you are).  300 yards is not a terrible thing to aspire to (or really that difficult to achieve).  

Actually the Bills are similar to Seattle (another of my favorite teams) who while playing a much tougher schedule have won a # of games by the skin of their teeth & Carroll too at times have been way too conservative (even with Wilson at QB).  My concern with them too is that it is not sustainable & being conservative doesn't do it in the long run.

Not sustainable.....give it a rest....

Do you thing McD/Beane are sitting around saying ..."Yup...we are where we want to be...got all the guys we need...we are set with a pair of 5'8" receivers and stone handed TE's" and a patchwork O-line" 

When Bellicheck gets to the playoffs with a patchwork of O and a good D ....he is a genius....when McD does it "ITS NOT SUSTAINABLE"

We all thank you for noting that this team is a work in progress 

Peter King loves Belichick. The two of them are historians of the game. I think Peter worked a lot harder earlier on in his career but lately his tales seem mediocre. 
I don’t dislike King but also don’t see him as someone who can provide me with any insight on the Bills. 
He does help promote and call attention to things we all already know about the Bills to a wider range of football fans. We can see his analysis of facts as jabs or just being ‘it is what it is’. I think most of us here feel that the Beane and McDermott area are going to force the NFL to pay attention to Buffalo once again.  I ultimately feel like the ultimate respect will come once we win our Super Bowl. Something I see happening in the near future.