Gems from Peter King

JÂy RÛßeÒ

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/16/mike-mccarthy-coaching-nfl-fmia-week-15-peter-king/#the-week-15-news

Night game Sunday: Man, you don’t want to draw the Bills in the playoffs.

The Bills have allowed just 14.3 points per game in their recent 5-2 run, and they showed Sunday night they’re going to be tough for any team to beat. Stout run defense and a heck of a secondary, led by White, will keep them in most games.

Regular-season appearances on “Sunday Night Football,” prior to last night, in the 13-year history of the NBC series:

Pittsburgh, 30.
Buffalo, 1.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was looking up stats for another thread and came across the fact that the much maligned Bills run defense has moved to #10.

That means the Defense is top 10 in ypg, ppg, passing ypg, rush ypg, and turnovers.  Didn't keep digging but they are every bit as good as advertised!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

That last tidbit is one of my youngest brother's biggest pet peeves. He hates the Steelers more than I do even.

Just now, section122 said:

I was looking up stats for another thread and came across the fact that the much maligned Bills run defense has moved to #10.

That means the Defense is top 10 in ypg, ppg, passing ypg, rush ypg, and turnovers.  Didn't keep digging but they are every bit as good as advertised!

Milano and Tremaine healthy and now have adequate experience playing together.  

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Geez how many more posts do we need explaining "They like us, they really like us!!" 

Image result for sally field they like me gif

As many as it takes.  Respect is earned each and every week and right now, our Bills are deserving of all the praise they're giving us.  We are currently facing a gauntlet of games in which we have been underdogs (Cowboys, Raven, Steelers, Pats) and have came out on top on two our of the three so far.  Most of the media and so called experts were predicting us to lose all four of these.  Man, do you not like the recognition and respect that we're getting right now?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Geez how many more posts do we need explaining "They like us, they really like us!!" 

Image result for sally field they like me gif

how many times did you have to let us know that you want 300 yards passing a game?  that many.  annoying...isn't it?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

As many as it takes.  Respect is earned each and every week and right now, our Bills are deserving of all the praise they're giving us.  We are currently facing a gauntlet of games in which we have been underdogs (Cowboys, Raven, Steelers, Pats) and have came out on top on two our of the three so far.  Most of the media and so called experts were predicting us to lose all four of these.  Man, do you not like the recognition and respect that we're getting right now?

Me personally I don’t like it. I like being the underdog and not being hyped up. I like the real Bills fans on here, more popular we become the more bandwagon fans jump on and make the rest of us look bad. Nothing sickens me more than Patriot and now Raven and Chief fans bragging how great their team is and you know they weren’t fans during the tougher years. And I like the fact this team plays with a chip on their shoulder that nobody outside of bills mafia believes in them. With that said it surely doesn’t upset me to see the team get some love. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, section122 said:

Add sacks to that. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

then don't complain about something being posted too much.  you don't get the irony there, do you?

I just wanted to post the Sally Field GIF for a while!!!!!??

Missing the sarcasm.......

BTW 47 games & counting for those keeping stats......??

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Me personally I don’t like it. I like being the underdog and not being hyped up. I like the real Bills fans on here, more popular we become the more bandwagon fans jump on and make the rest of us look bad. Nothing sickens me more than Patriot and now Raven and Chief fans bragging how great their team is and you know they weren’t fans during the tougher years. And I like the fact this team plays with a chip on their shoulder that nobody outside of bills mafia believes in them. With that said it surely doesn’t upset me to see the team get some love. 

I couldn't agree more.  I've got the same mentality.  I love hearing about all the doubt amongst the Bills' organization and I love being the underdog, because it makes a win must sweeter and the win just feels bigger than it actually is.  At the same time, I do love it when hearing the Bills getting respect.

• Like (+1) 2

I mean that's great and all, but King admitted in the preseason that he's not interested in covering the Bills anymore because they lack relevance as an organization (it was in one of his PFT columns in August), and he has barely mentioned them all season.  Now, on the heels of the most exciting moment the franchise and its fans have had in 20 years, his feature story is a sit-down with Mike McCarthy.

I used to like Peter King.  I really miss Dr. Z.  Albert Breer is the best read out there right now.

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills have earned every inch of respect from the national media. This 4 game stretch they are 3 games into is almost as tough as any 4 games any team could play. The Bills play 2 of the top 4 teams in the league one home and one away (Baltimore and NE) and they play 2 tough respectable borderline teams away (Cowboys and Steelers.) They hung tough with one of the best teams if not the best team (thus far) in the league in Baltimore and beat 2 pretty decent teams on the road one handily. 

These past 3 games have proven the Bills are a legit good team and the fact that the Bills are still in the running for the division and a bye proves that. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1