Non playoff topic, how many players do we get in the top 100

BruceVilanch

First off, go Bills! Can't imagine this rebuild and culture change going any better and I can't wait for the playoffs. Now to change things up a bit, how many players do we get on the annual top 100 players list? It's seasons like this that get teams and players noticed. I say we get 3, Tre, Edmunds, and Hyde. I think Tre should have been on it every year and I think Milano is a top 100 player but won't make the list. Go Bills I hope all your hangovers clear up soon.

White for sure.

Edmunds should be but may fly under the radar, Oliver might because of the high draft profile.

i think Hyde is one of the best safeties out there but doesn’t hit the highlight reel all that much. 

singltary and josh have the potential someday. 

Since average should be 3 per team but skewed to 4 or 5 for a really good team, Is hope 3-4 bills make it, but aren’t tooo worried if they don’t. 

Tre is the only lock and tier 1 at his position.  Everywhere else we have a number of tier 2 players, which is really great and why we play as a team so well, but i dont think we have any other marquee players.  

John Brown is great, but not in the Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins etc level

Singletary is great, but not at the Zeke, Saquan, Kamara, Cook etc level

Maybe on the O-Line some of our guys are actually THAT good, but its always hard to tell and hard for someone to come out of nowhere an gain notoriety...conventional wisdom of who is and who isnt good is the stickiest at the O-Line position IMO.

In the secondary, i think both Hyde and Poyer are pro bowlers, but a guy like Jamal Adams is in another league.  People rave over M Fitzpatrick, but i didnt see much last night that was dominating...did you?

etc..

I think our D-line is full of studs and deep too, but Watt last night showed he is an absolute game changer...As are the Bosas for example.  We dont have that level of player, just deep and many really good players.  

Final thought... I would never change the way it has gone, especially given his comments after leaving Buffalo...but could you imagine if we had GILMORE and TRE WHITE as our two CBs...holy cow.  And to think, we actually have the $ to have been able to afford both.  YIKES!!!  Think of all the coverage sacks.  And the ability to load the box and blitz all the time.... Our D possibly would be up there as best ever.  Certainly our secondary would be considered as such... Maybe it is as we are currently...that would be a good thread, best secondaries ever and where this team ranks.  

Edited by Bill Murray

Tre is a lock, not sure who else would make it. Lots of guys could make it. Edumonds has been playing like a top LB but had a OK first half of the season. Milano in my opinion has played like a Pro-Bowler and so has Jordan Phillips who will have a sack total as a DT that will get attention. Hyde has been good all year long and has the name recognition. 

On offense if John Brown has a really good final 2 games he has an outside shot. I think Mitch on the O-line might also get some attention as the Bills O-line has turned into a top 5-10 unit in the league and Mitch has been one of if not the best players on that unit. Not sure anyone else on offense has a shot unless the O-line metrics and scouting says something different. 

But if I had to guess, Tre, Hyde (has the name recognition), Mitch, and Jordan Phillips all make it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Unfortunately, it still won't be many.  Tre may be the only one who makes it.  We don't have a team full of superstars.  We have a team that is completely unified that operates as one cohesive superstar. 

This was beautiful. Damn near brought a tear to my eye 

• Thank you (+1) 1

My guess would be Tre'Davious debuts high (like 20s or 30s) -- we're starting to hear his name regularly as in the convo with Stephon for best CB in NFL. Tremaine Edmunds is starting to get a rep, but probably not there yet. I could definitely see Hyde. Poyer is a long shot as a surprise. Ed Oliver is probably already pretty close and it's hard to tell what Allen's rep is with his peers, but there's probably still enough stubborn people who will still think he's "trash" until he's absolutely dominant, but his numbers and win-loss total really give him an argument.