Dear Devin Singletary: PLEASE don't become fumble prone!

StHustle

The book is out of him now the league has some tape. He's slippery - shakes and jukes at elite level, but he's still not that fast, doesn't have a 5th gear. Teams are aware with his running style to continue pursuit from behind and go for the ball.

Absolutely expect Belichick and the Patriots to try to exploit this as well. 

On 12/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think the one Watt attempted on Josh that just barely missed was even more "vicious."  A direct hit on the ball with that punch move is going to dislodge it the majority of the time.

Watt had a huge windup with enough power to disembowel a lesser man. Good thing he missed.  

When you're known to fumble you invite these strip tactics by the defense.  It's one reason why I like Gore and his ball security. 

On 12/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, StHustle said:

Yeah I thought about the same thing. You are free to throw punches at an opposing player and as long as its in the area of the ball its legal. Sooo....even if you miss and punch a guy in the gut?

He did miss on one punch and punched into the shoulder pad area. I forget who the RB was. It does seem a little crazy throwing punches out there.

Maybe Frank Gore can coach up Devin on how to hold the ball against chops and punches like that.