Dear Devin Singletary: PLEASE don't become fumble prone!

StHustle

Don't become?  That ship has sailed bro'.  Motor has a problem hanging on to the rock.  Since practically the entire offense revolves around him, this is a major issue going forward.  In the old days, your teammates would put a football with a handle in your locker.  Whatever the Bills need to do to get Motor to stop fumbling, they need to do it yesterday.

35 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

The more touches he gets, the more chances for a fumble. Hopefully his fumbles will be limited but they will happen. I am more concerned about Allen fumbling the ball when he runs than Singletary. 

This ^^^. Every time Josh runs I’m worried about him fumbling , 

I love Singletary but I don’t think he’s a 25-30 carries a game kind of a RB , 

i think Gore is done and will need to be replaced next year , I would love to see the Bills probably  draft a big bruising RB , 

58 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think the one Watt attempted on Josh that just barely missed was even more "vicious."  A direct hit on the ball with that punch move is going to dislodge it the majority of the time.

I'm actually curious what the boundary is between a good play and a penalty. Can a player attempt to punch a ball out, miss, and strike that player in the chest, or arm, or head? How is punching someone under the guise of going for the ball still legal? I want to know the actual difference or the cut off boundary that it would be called a penalty. If Jerry Hughes did that exact same thing to Tom Brady and missed the ball and struck Brady in the chest would he be flagged? 

Edited by sirebors
  • Like (+1) 1

it musta been wet or misty or some such last night.

our WRs had some butter fingers, our RB fumbles twice, and after he was down the ball got popped out of allen's hands too.

we also had pittz fumble 3 times right in front of white shirts, but they were lucky to get two of them.

I think a part of it is both d's are salty and just disgusting, and there mighta been some kind of condition out there.

43 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Thank God Brown recovered that 2nd fumble or we probably lose that game. This is a serious issue that will have to be addressed. 

are you glad they won the game? are in the playoffs? or isn't that enough? I ask because you seem based on your posts to be a very miserable bills fan. just go back over some of your gameday thread posts.

enjoy the moment man.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Now that first fumble forced by Watt, I can't even blame the guy. Watt punched that ball so hard with such pin point accuracy, I'm not sure how many players in the league dont fumble it.

But overall the numbers arent good. In college there were no red flags. He had 5 fumbles over his 3 year career which included 778 touches (1 fumble per about 156 touches). THIS YEAR?

4 fumbles with just 164 touches for an alarming rate of 1 fumble per 41 touches. This guy has AMAZING potential to be a top 5 back in this league for years to come but MUST get that together and quickly. I'm sure the coaches are on top of this. Just something to keep an eye on moving forward. I want the guy to get 25-30 touches per game but at this rate he would fumble 2 times every 3 games.

I think the coaches are aware and are working with the guys hard.   I think Singletary is very coachable and he'll improve.

Allen was the same earlier in the season.  Last night, he held on long enough to be down 1x, but he didn't get his second arm around.  I'm sure they'll work on that with him this week.

The second time when he held on with Watt punching him hard, you can see him making the "Bills Claw" that Sweeney demonstrated at the end of the Christmas fun video:

image.thumb.png.3855084613055193633247cd0350d89e.pngimage.png.5d5134d7e3253cbb46e9bad67b48bf56.png

Allen didn't do that earlier in the season so I'm sure that's being drilled into them.

29 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

are you glad they won the game? are in the playoffs? or isn't that enough? I ask because you seem based on your posts to be a very miserable bills fan. just go back over some of your gameday thread posts.

enjoy the moment man.

Some people enjoy the moment by cheering, and others by looking for room to improve.  It's All Good

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some people enjoy the moment by cheering, and others by looking for room to improve.  It's All Good

depends on how you see it. complaining and putting down players/coaches or being constructive with your criticism when looking for improvement?

the latter seems more reasonable but that is not what I saw with the one your speaking for.

all good, need it from all angles I suppose. as long as it's kept it between the lines.

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I think the one Watt attempted on Josh that just barely missed was even more "vicious."  A direct hit on the ball with that punch move is going to dislodge it the majority of the time.

What happens when he misses the ball? A personal foul?  

If no flag, it seems a team could take advantage to injure a player.

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

What happens when he misses the ball? A personal foul?  

If no flag, it seems a team could take advantage to injure a player.

Yeah I thought about the same thing. You are free to throw punches at an opposing player and as long as its in the area of the ball its legal. Sooo....even if you miss and punch a guy in the gut?

22 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

enjoy the moment man.

I havent went over the guy's post history but what he said in the post you quoted is 10000% correct. And YOU saying "isn't that enough?" shows what level you are on. The drought is over. NO! Making the playoffs isnt enough. I want us to be playing our best football heading into the postseason. One and done isnt going to cut it. In the playoffs ONE fumble could be the difference between going home and moving on.

• Haha (+1) 1