Tre'Davious White is now tied for the NFL lead in interceptions

class_of_2012

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I always argued he was top 10 when he was here.

I agree that he was top 10 when he was here.

I also think that he was coasting through his final season trying to avoid injury.  He was always a physical corner. His final season, he seemed to play much softer.  Maybe it was due to scheme.  Maybe not.  I was glad we let him go, strictly based on his effort that final season.  He gave up on this team (maybe he just gave up on rex?) and  wasn’t worth the money imo.  

he’s since proven me wrong, but I’ll take Tre over Gilmore every day of the week.  Tre brings much more to the table than just good corner play

1 hour ago, ogham26 said:

if they pay shaq, Jordan phillips, and tre this year or next that 90 millions starts to go down pretty fast.  Good problem to have with all this young talent

I think it won't be a problem. Phillips already a $4.5M cap hit, how much higher for him? Shaq and Tre will be big , but we'll also lose a few contracts as well. We can't be gunshy with $90m in cap space available. Our line is playing lights out right now. DL are hard to replace.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I think it won't be a problem. Phillips already a $4.5M cap hit, how much higher for him? Shaq and Tre will be big , but we'll also lose a few contracts as well. We can't be gunshy with $90m in cap space available. Our line is playing lights out right now. DL are hard to replace.

Tre will be big....like he might be the highest paid corner in 2 years.  I don't think Shaq will be that big.  He's playing well but he's not a dominator.

I wouldn't think the Bills go higher than $10 million a year for him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, class_of_2012 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats

I didn't see a similar thread, but if already posted, I will delete this thread, or a moderator can merge it.

Tre'Davious is tied at 6 interceptions with Stephon Gillmore for the NFL lead. He is the best CB in the league, period. He will be first team All Pro and Pro Bowl. This pick is going to pay off for years to come.

Too bad Gillmore chose to sign with the Evil Empire, which had a bleak future. Should have stuck with Buffalo. Buffalo will own the AFC East for the next 15 years, thanks to Tre'Davious and Josh.

No doubt about it now...White is a starter in the Pro Bowl!

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I've said that Gilmore is the same player with the Cheaters that he was with the Bills.  He just gets away with stuff with them that he couldn't with the Bills.

exactly right. Illegal contact all the way down the field— but now it’s not called.

i also loved his shaming looks at his fellow DBs. Glad that guy is gone and we have a better replacement.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I've said that Gilmore is the same player with the Cheaters that he was with the Bills.  He just gets away with stuff with them that he couldn't with the Bills.

I miss the plays where he blows coverage, then looks around for someone to point his finger at while he halfasses chasing the receiver.

So many Bills' fans are still apparently clueless on Gilmore... 

He was good when he played here. But, I still had to hear some guys complain about him, incessantly.  Went to play under one of the best coaches in the league, and has been called the best corner in the league by many...

Guys, still complaining about his play with Buffalo, just because they cant admit they are full of shiz. Some of y'all appear to have been constipated for years.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

Tre is the best player on the team.

deserves first team pro bowl

imagine the secondary if they paid and kept gilmore

imagine  how much we'd have to pay both when we pay Tre. 

i'd rather our situation now paying for one, than paying for two and not being able to afford anything else. 

5 hours ago, Jobot said:

Rex was a cancer on that defense.  Any half-competent coach could have gotten allstar level performances from GIlmore.  Rex had a terrible scheme and no vision that caused everyone on that D to look poor.

I forget which analytics site wrote it, but the year after Mario and Bradhman left, both ended up on the sites most improved players list. Rex's scheme made everyone look bad.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Gilmore was excellent here too. Bills fans always underrated him. I had no doubt he would become a star in New England. He was made to look bad in his final year here by Rex's absolute mess of a scheme and the abysmal safety play. He is elite.

On White I have said since his rookie year he was borderline elite and the two things I wanted to see him do to force himself into that category were a) get his hands on more balls; and b) deal with those longer limbed and long striding wideouts that had given him occasional issues his first two seasons. I think both of those have been demonstrated. He is a top 3 corner in the NFL right now. I'd have him, Gilmore and Hayward as my top 3 currently.

Revisionist history. Gilmore played well for the final 8 games in a season but was always average the first 8 games (a trend which actually continued when he first got to NE. Fans there wanted him gone at first because he played so badly the first half of the year). He never put forth true effort because he seemed (to me) to be playing it safe to get to his 2nd contract. He was never a willing tackler and was always quick to blame everyone else for coverage problems.

He was absolutely a good player for us, just never played up to his potential. And his lack of effort and blaming others put a sour taste in my mouth. I don't hold any grudges though and I am happy for him. He's playing up to his potential now. Just wish it wasn't for the Pats.

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

Revisionist history. Gilmore played well for the final 8 games in a season but was always average the first 8 games (a trend which actually continued when he first got to NE. Fans there wanted him gone at first because he played so badly the first half of the year). He never put forth true effort because he seemed (to me) to be playing it safe to get to his 2nd contract. He was never a willing tackler and was always quick to blame everyone else for coverage problems.

He was absolutely a good player for us, just never played up to his potential. And his lack of effort and blaming others put a sour taste in my mouth. I don't hold any grudges though and I am happy for him. He's playing up to his potential now. Just wish it wasn't for the Pats.

I 100% disagree. And for me it isn't revisionist. I was saying it when he was here. He always attracted a fair amount of dislike and criticism among the fanbase. I always argued it was totally misplaced. 

Gilmore was a top 10 guy when he was here. He has taken it to an even higher level in New England. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I 100% disagree. And for me it isn't revisionist. I was saying it when he was here. He always attracted a fair amount of dislike and criticism among the fanbase. I always argued it was totally misplaced. 

Gilmore was a top 10 guy when he was here. He has taken it to an even higher level in New England. 

That's fine. I think the dislike was warranted. But he definitely had stretches of elite play while here. He just never put it together for a whole season.

6 hours ago, class_of_2012 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats

I didn't see a similar thread, but if already posted, I will delete this thread, or a moderator can merge it.

Tre'Davious is tied at 6 interceptions with Stephon Gillmore for the NFL lead. He is the best CB in the league, period. He will be first team All Pro and Pro Bowl. This pick is going to pay off for years to come.

Too bad Gillmore chose to sign with the Evil Empire, which had a bleak future. Should have stuck with Buffalo. Buffalo will own the AFC East for the next 15 years, thanks to Tre'Davious and Josh.

IMO Tre can and will do things that Gilmore will not, like hit people and enjoy it!  For that reason, Tre is better IMO.

Elite players in the limelight need the limelight to be shined on them in order to become popular on a national level.

Cris Collinsworth did that last night for Tre, and you watch!  His reputation will now be solidified around the league as the top 1, 2, or 3 cover guy in the league.