Possible game altering bad call on Milano.

gjv001

1 minute ago, gjv001 said:

I would have thought another referee would have been watching the tackle made by Milano, and seen that there wasn't a facemask penalty. 

You mean the one where he had a hold of Conner's facemask and about ripped his damn head off? In what world was that NOT a penalty? If you think that wasn't a penalty, then you're being a homer, not being realistic.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I would have thought another referee would have been watching the tackle made by Milano, and seen that there wasn't a facemask penalty. 

really, what were you watching, he grabbed his facemask then let go but he grabbed it and dudes head snapped back, he then embellished it but Milano committed the crime.

1 minute ago, Klapaucius said:

At the end of the game, that looked like a face mask to me. 

I think it was Edmunds before half that got called for the phantom face mask.

Your right, it was the call aginst Edmonds that I'm refering too. Sorry.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

This was penalty all the hand has to do is touch the facemask I had not problem with this penalty the one early vs Edmunds and then they revised to say Johnson was a joke.

Agree. Milano was a totally legit call, and Edmonds was horrible.

One of the things I think needs to start getting some consideration is the gross attempts to punch the ball out and trigger a fumble.

The Watt attempt on Josh at the end of the game was not a football move.

It was a right hook aimed at his midsection.

Any other play it's a personal foul and disqualification.

I think it's time they reeled this stuff in.

• Like (+1) 7

11 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

As I mentioned in another thread, there was an obvious hands to the face by a Bills D man on Duck's last duck int that wasn't called. Usually, these things even out...

5 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Agree. Milano was a totally legit call, and Edmonds was horrible.

One of the things I think needs to start getting some consideration is the gross attempts to punch the ball out and trigger a fumble.

The Watt attempt on Josh at the end of the game was not a football move.

It was a right hook aimed at his midsection.

Any other play it's a personal foul and disqualification.

I think it's time they reeled this stuff in.

I was thinking the same thing.. but tried not to overact.  The move was literally a punch, as opposed to ripping the ball out, that mostly missed the ball

Edited by BfloBillsFan

10 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

I was thinking the same thing.. but tried not to overact.  The move was literally a punch, as opposed to ripping the ball out, that mostly missed the ball

Yeah

The league can't have guys out there throwing right hooks at these guys with the ball.

In a league that has taken the stance of player safety and protecting defenseless players, this should start being enforced as an unnecessary roughness penalty. Try to rip the ball out all you want, but I'm not gonna ok all out punches that may injure players.

29 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

At the end of the game, that looked like a face mask to me. 

I think it was Edmunds before half that got called for the phantom face mask.

right and neither him nor 29 whom they ended up changing the call on after commercial break had hand on mask.  Edmunds hand was way under the mask and 29 hit him in back shoulder area.   This group called some really bad penalties like the block in back called from far right side on Dawkins on a screen out to left sideline

31 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

...the one where the nearly twisted Conner's face off? Definitely a flag 

While it is a flag he definitely didnt twist conners facemask. He put his hand on it but never even grabbed it... Conner did some excellent acting. Either way its a penalty but he never even grabbed the facemask... hand just landed on it

Not to get completely off topic but our last run play before the Steelers’ last drive the Bills were called for a holding penalty but it got declined.  The clock stopped due to the holding, giving the Steelers more time on their last drive, but since the penalty was declined I would have thought the clock would have kept rolling as if the penalty didn’t happen because, since it was declined, it kind of really did never happen.  I may be wrong and I can try to look the rule up but anyone know off the top of their head?