Week 16 - Bills @ Patriots*** Line Bills (+7) [lets kick some ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​***]

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I would come out swinging; literally. Throw swing passes to RBs until they stop you...and I think they'll struggle to do so without going to a Cover-2 zone. And that's when you hit them with the chunk throws to the boundary and the TE seams.

I hope Josh has worked on this in practice. I can recall a few times where Josh needed to allow the DE to come up field more and his RB to get slightly more up field. This play can be a killer against the Pats. I also can see the Bills going hurry up and trying to get the Pats in mismatches. The Pats LB’s are very assignment specific. 

Anyone think we see Yeldon up this week? I’d make Gore still active but as the third back. I’d like to see Gore get some rest these last two games before the playoffs. He was better at the start of the season, or at least he looked it. Some rest might do him good. Plus Yeldon had a solid game receiving against the cheats last time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I get that, I just worry that the more that tell us we can beat them, the less likely we are to... thats BBFS, right?

I have no BBFS symptoms related to this game. Mine is manifesting in a nagging feeling that we win this week and Miami pulls the upset, but we lay an egg against the Jets, even though I know that’s probably the least likely scenario possible.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

From MSN...

Bills vs. Patriots: Can Josh Allen outplay Tom Brady?

The New England Patriots are suddenly vulnerable due to Tom Brady and the offense, which has been rather lackluster in 2019. The Bills could have beaten New England earlier this season due to their defense holding the Pats to just 16 points. However, in that game second-year quarterback Josh Allen had his worst outing of the season, completing well under half his passes while throwing three interceptions.

If Allen can continue the strong play he’s put on tape in recent weeks and avoids those big mistakes, the Bills can absolutely win Saturday in Foxborough.

By the way, for the record, the Bills Defense gave up 10 points in that game, and that was at a time when the NE offense was rolling. It was a the ST that gave up the other TD.  If the Bills do not allow NE to score on defense or ST, they should win this game going away.  

Edited by FLFan
Spelling

31 minutes ago, FLFan said:

By the way, for the record, the Bills Defense gave up 10 points in that game, and that was at a time when the NE offense was rolling. It was a the ST that gave up the other TD.  If the Bills do not allow NE to score on defense or ST, they should win this game going away.  

And the offense missed a FG and turned over the ball on downs at the NE 4 yard line.  The Bills could have easily scored 20 points in that game at a time when the Bill's O wasn't playing as well as it is now and the Pats D was playing better.

This IS a winnable game for the Bills.  The reason we're all so nervous is that we can't know the mentality of each team going in.  Without doubt this is a much bigger game for NE  then it is for Buffalo as they desperately need that 1st round bye and the Bills have basically locked up their playoff position. 

So how does it go?  I haven't a clue.  I could see a lethargic Bills team getting hammered by the Pats.  I can also see a relaxed Bills team laying the wood to NE. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The thing for me is this: The likelihood of the Bills winning the division seems small any way. It would require not only the Bills winning out, but the Pats to lose to the Dolphins. 

As such, and given that the Bills have already clinched the 5th seed...in my mind, they're pretty much playing with house money. 

If they win, awesome! We beat the Pats in their house in the first time in forever and we have a remote chance of winning the AFC East. 

If they lose, not really a big deal, they still get the playoff seed they were most likely to end up with ANYWAY, and they lose yet another game to the Evil Empire.

Don't get me wrong: I have a strong feeling this is the last Brady-led Pats team the Bills will ever face, barring a playoff rematch. I badly want to see the Bills win. But honestly, if they don't, it doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, UNLESS you feel pretty confident that the Phins will be beating the Pats in week 17.

If we lose and then the Phins win though.... granted, the sample is skewed as the pats wouldn’t have anything to play for.

My goal in NFL football, aside from the bills winning, has always been the pats losing. If these two things can happen together, it’ll be a Christmas to remember.

1 hour ago, Chandemonium said:

I have no BBFS symptoms related to this game. Mine is manifesting in a nagging feeling that we win this week and Miami pulls the upset, but we lay an egg against the Jets, even though I know that’s probably the least likely scenario possible.

I’m confident that this team won’t lose to a lesser team when the chips are down. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It just feels like If allen can throw for 230 and produce a positive TD/TO ratio, this game should be ours... And that feeling scares me badly. 

Just pointing out here that only one of the last 6 QB NE has faced has thrown for more than 230 yds (Mahomes, 271)

Those 6 games DO include 3 losses (Jackson, 162; Watson, 224, and Mahomes)

The positive TD/TO ratio, on the other hand, is key.  In 10 of the Pats 11 wins, they have a turnover ratio of +2.5 (+1 to +5)

They have 1 win where the turnover ratio was -1 (1st Jets game) and one loss where the turnover number was +1 (KC)

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just pointing out here that only one of the last 6 QB NE has faced has thrown for more than 230 yds (Mahomes, 271)

Those 6 games DO include 3 losses (Jackson, 162; Watson, 224, and Mahomes)

The positive TD/TO ratio, on the other hand, is key.  In 10 of the Pats 11 wins, they have a turnover ratio of +2.5 (+1 to +5)

They have 1 win where the turnover ratio was -1 (1st Jets game) and one loss where the turnover number was +1 (KC)

Exactly, so if he does that we’ll be cruising! ?

2 hours ago, Logic said:

The thing for me is this: The likelihood of the Bills winning the division seems small any way. It would require not only the Bills winning out, but the Pats to lose to the Dolphins. 

As such, and given that the Bills have already clinched the 5th seed...in my mind, they're pretty much playing with house money. 

If they win, awesome! We beat the Pats in their house in the first time in forever and we have a remote chance of winning the AFC East. 

If they lose, not really a big deal, they still get the playoff seed they were most likely to end up with ANYWAY, and they lose yet another game to the Evil Empire.

Don't get me wrong: I have a strong feeling this is the last Brady-led Pats team the Bills will ever face, barring a playoff rematch. I badly want to see the Bills win. But honestly, if they don't, it doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, UNLESS you feel pretty confident that the Phins will be beating the Pats in week 17.

One thing at a time.  Bills win Saturday and it puts pressure on Tom against the Beard.

It's been a long time since the Pats**** had to win a final regular season game to clinch the division.

• Like (+1) 2

Telling yahs it’s a double digit win.

The preparation and culture was on full display in Pitt. See Renegade.

Allen has improved.

Singeltary is now a thing. 

Brady is at his low point.

Edelman is toast.

Shaq is suddenly not a bust.

Most importantly, you decked OUR QB, here comes your beating....

• Like (+1) 2

I was starting to think this game doesn't matter much, as many have pointed out it's not likely Miami loses to NE the next week.  But as we get closer I'm starting to recognize how important it is for teams to be gaining momentum going into the playoffs.  I've seen it many times, where teams start picking up steam and head into the playoffs playing better and better, gaining confidence each week.  Those are the teams that scare the crap out many of the other teams in the playoffs.  Often those the teams that go deep into the playoffs.  I don't know if I'm just starting to believe my own fantasies or not but I'm starting to feel like the Bills COULD be one of those teams - this year!  A signature win against NE would put a stamp on it.  

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Georgia Bill said:

I was starting to think this game doesn't matter much, as many have pointed out it's not likely Miami loses to NE the next week.  But as we get closer I'm starting to recognize how important it is for teams to be gaining momentum going into the playoffs.  I've seen it many times, where teams start picking up steam and head into the playoffs playing better and better, gaining confidence each week.  Those are the teams that scare the crap out many of the other teams in the playoffs.  Often those the teams that go deep into the playoffs.  I don't know if I'm just starting to believe my own fantasies or not but I'm starting to feel like the Bills COULD be one of those teams - this year!  A signature win against NE would put a stamp on it.  

It's not just that. Lets say we beat NE and NE ends up 12-4.  The Chiefs could also win out going 12-4.  That moves the Pats from the second seed to the third seed.  That means for the first time in forever, the Pats wont have a bye and if they win their wildcard game they have to play on the road.  I don't like the Pats odds even if they do win the division but we beat them.

6 hours ago, FLFan said:

Special teams might be what scares me the most

Another article on the game from Matt Parrino. 

Some interesting commentary by Cole Beasley:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/bills-josh-allen-learned-lessons-in-loss-vs-patriots-heres-how-theyre-changing-course.html
-------------------------------------

When Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen sat down to watch the tape from September’s 16-10 loss against the New England Patriots this week, the team he and his offensive cohorts watched was unrecognizable.

“It was so different then. It’s hard to even remember what we were doing then. We’ve changed so much as an offense since the beginning of the year,” said Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley. “It keeps evolving and it’s probably still going to continue to do that.”

Beasley said since that game Allen has been a different guy.

“Beginning of the season was a rough start - a lot of scramble throws that we were throwing to the other team a couple times,” Beasley said. “He’s eliminated all all those things. It just comes with learning and having more experience. He’s a competitor, so naturally, every play that’s happening he’s trying to get a winning play out of it. That was the issue at the beginning of the year. It’s not going to happen like that sometimes the defense is going to win some and you got to know how to manage those situations. He’s done a tremendous job improving in that area.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, whatdrought said:

If we lose and then the Phins win though.... granted, the sample is skewed as the pats wouldn’t have anything to play for.

My goal in NFL football, aside from the bills winning, has always been the pats losing. If these two things can happen together, it’ll be a Christmas to remember.

I’m confident that this team won’t lose to a lesser team when the chips are down. 

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^

• Like (+1) 1