Week 16 - Bills @ Patriots*** Line Bills (+7) [lets kick some ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​***]

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Gumble grumble I don't know about the tapes. 

Grumble grumble we're focused on Buffalo. 

Grumble grumble chicken. 

I didn't watch it so let me know if I summarized it correctly. 

You should’ve listened. The following is a summation:

That McDermott is one badass!

With a redraft of the last decade Josh Allen would go number 1!

Wiz doesn’t stand for wizard; it represents what you should do with hot takes.

I wonder about this game.  Realistically since there is nearly zero chance that Miami will beat NE, nothing will change for the Bills whether they win or lose.  Meanwhile, NE is playing for home field AND they're pissed about all the "cheating" hype.   We can play loose and carefree but they are going to be HIGHLY motivated to win.  Honestly I don't care that much about this one - as long as we beat them the 3rd time we play them this year.

• Like (+1) 1

If Allen takes care of the ball and puts 20 points on the board we should win this game.

The Pats are running on fumes offensively and it's hard to see their offense being productive against us, given the struggles Brady has had recently against much lesser opponents. 

12 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I wonder about this game.  Realistically since there is nearly zero chance that Miami will beat NE, nothing will change for the Bills whether they win or lose.  Meanwhile, NE is playing for home field AND they're pissed about all the "cheating" hype.   We can play loose and carefree but they are going to be HIGHLY motivated to win.  Honestly I don't care that much about this one - as long as we beat them the 3rd time we play them this year.

Maybe by Saturday afternoon it'll change for me, but I feel the same way.  After getting through all the "we should win" games, a couple hiccups vs Eagles and Browns, and then 3 very tough matchups in a row, this one feels less stressful.  Nothing to lose, but how nice it would be to win.

17 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

The Bills should be motivated to beat their rival and force them to the No 3 seed and make them play 3 games to get to the SB including at least one away...  

There is a lot riding on the game....

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

If Allen takes care of the ball and puts 20 points on the board we should win this game.

The Pats are running on fumes offensively and it's hard to see their offense being productive against us, given the struggles Brady has had recently against much lesser opponents. 

20 pts should do it. No turnovers and no points given up by our ST. No hero long ball by Josh, expect the blitz and have hot read outlets. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

20 pts should do it. No turnovers and no points given up by our ST. No hero long ball by Josh, expect the blitz and have hot read outlets. 

Yup.

I think this could actually be an easy win if we just take care of the football. 

34 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

they looked pissed in the Bengals post game video   Not. 

sorry Bill  but that’s the easy excuse 

Let them be pissed.  This Pats team isn’t the same team anymore.  

this isn’t the same Bills team anymore 

Fitz would love to play spoiler and ruin the Pats to get the AFC crown 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cruiserplayer said:

You should’ve listened. The following is a summation:

That McDermott is one badass!

With a redraft of the last decade Josh Allen would go number 1!

Wiz doesn’t stand for wizard; it represents what you should do with hot takes.

Apparently I missed my "hot take" and found your cheerio bowl instead. 

• Haha (+1) 3

I can't get myself excited for this game at all. I'll watch and root for us but I'm not particularly interested in the result. I hope we are saving some of our trickier plays for the playoffs, don't put them on tape now. I can't convince myself that Miami will beat New England. So this feels almost like a preseason game.

7 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/stats-show-why-bills-defense-170835096.html

These stats show why Bills defense is difficult test for Tom Brady, Patriots offense

Just how good is the Bills defense, exactly? Let's look at several key defensive stats (with league rank in parenthesis).

• Points allowed/game: 15.9 (2nd)
  • Total yards allowed/game: 291.9 (3rd)
  • Pass yards allowed/game: 190.5 (3rd)
  • Pass TD allowed: 13 (T-2nd)
  • Total TD allowed: 24 (2nd)
  • Sacks: 42 (7th)
  • Interceptions: 13 (8th)
  • QB rating: 76.7 (2nd)
  • 3rd Down: 34.8 percent (6th)

The Bills do not control their own destiny in the division title race. For Buffalo to win the division, it must beat the Patriots and New York Jets to close the regular season, combined with New England losing both of its final two games to the Bills and Miami Dolphins

It's unlikely the Bills will win the division, but going into Gillette Stadium and beating the Patriots is a very real possibility for Buffalo. The Bills defense is one of the league's best, and there's plenty of evidence to suggest this unit is capable of shutting down a Patriots offense that's averaging just 20.3 points over its last six games.

pretty crazy stats considering how poor our offense is

imagine if we could sustain drives and score more than 17 points per game

5 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

WTF is that one reporters fascination with their damned fieldhouse?  Bunch of opening questions about their fieldhouse.

Aside from Belicheck's***** initial stock comments about the Bills having a good offense, good defense, good special teams, big challenge ahead of us there were three questions about the Bills in the 12+ minute interview:

~2:46 What progress have seen from Josh Allen since September: (very monotone): good then.  good now       [given how badly Josh played in that game.....]

~4:06 What has Devin Singletary given their offense: good quickness.  he's in there an all downs.  got some speed to get to the outside. good quickness to make guys miss. involved in the passing game.  3 down player.  [pauses then expands on this - might have been a follow on question about why it matters that Devin is a 3 down player?] when they've gone no huddle, which they do in some games, certainly benefits you to have the same back on the field, not have to sub backs, he's given them that, I don't know if that's the reason or not, but that's how it's worked out

Asked if ball skills can be developed in the NFL once a player enters your program, or is it more innate? (this must relate to some DB on their team?): I think you can definitely improve it.  We always work on that.  Look, it's a hard position for a defensive back, they're never the intended receiver.  It's like trying to make a slow player fast.  You're never going to make a slow player into the fastest player on the team, but you can improve his speed. (long rambling answer about this)

~8:10 What's allowing Tredavious White to have so many takeaways this season? Oh, he's had 'em in the past. He's a good player, he's quick, he's fast, he's got good instincts, good ball skills, he's around the ball and he's got good hands to finish and make the play

[Interview finishes with questions about Brady being on and off the injury report and what that's meant for the other QB in practice]

That was just a very weird interview.  Belicheck seemed different - slow? rambling?  The questions asked were strange - about the field house?  about ball skills in DBs? about whether they evaluate their backup QBs?  Very strange questions from the press.  Are Belicheck interviews always like that?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF is that one reporters fascination with their damned fieldhouse?  Bunch of opening questions about their fieldhouse.

Aside from Belicheck's***** initial stock comments about the Bills having a good offense, good defense, good special teams, big challenge ahead of us there were three questions about the Bills in the 12+ minute interview:

~2:46 What progress have seen from Josh Allen since September: (very monotone): good then.  good now       [given how badly Josh played in that game.....]

~4:06 What has Devin Singletary given their offense: good quickness.  he's in there an all downs.  got some speed to get to the outside. good quickness to make guys miss. involved in the passing game.  3 down player.  [pauses then expands on this - might have been a follow on question about why it matters that Devin is a 3 down player?] when they've gone no huddle, which they do in some games, certainly benefits you to have the same back on the field, not have to sub backs, he's given them that, I don't know if that's the reason or not, but that's how it's worked out

Asked if ball skills can be developed in the NFL once a player enters your program, or is it more innate? (this must relate to some DB on their team?): I think you can definitely improve it.  We always work on that.  Look, it's a hard position for a defensive back, they're never the intended receiver.  It's like trying to make a slow player fast.  You're never going to make a slow player into the fastest player on the team, but you can improve his speed. (long rambling answer about this)

~8:10 What's allowing Tredavious White to have so many takeaways this season? Oh, he's had 'em in the past. He's a good player, he's quick, he's fast, he's got good instincts, good ball skills, he's around the ball and he's got good hands to finish and make the play

[Interview finishes with questions about Brady being on and off the injury report and what that's meant for the other QB in practice]

That was just a very weird interview.  Belicheck seemed different - slow? rambling?  The questions asked were strange - about the field house?  about ball skills in DBs? about whether they evaluate their backup QBs?  Very strange questions from the press.  Are Belicheck interviews always like that?

He's feeding them the questions to ask to throw off our staff when doing analysis.

tye7r28x4lc11.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I can't get myself excited for this game at all. I'll watch and root for us but I'm not particularly interested in the result. I hope we are saving some of our trickier plays for the playoffs, don't put them on tape now. I can't convince myself that Miami will beat New England. So this feels almost like a preseason game.

Gotta disagree here in the grand scheme of things. Going into New England and winning would be a huge symbolic victory regardless of the Miami result. McDermott has yet to beat BB and this would be a huge confidence builder. The Bills, along with MANY teams, seem to get caught up in the Patriots mystique when they play the Pats, especially in Foxborough. Get a dub, get that monkey off your back, and I think it shreds some of that mystique and portends good things going forward. I'm not generally into momentum/"confidence building" or any of that stuff, but this feels like a situation where it is applicable.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Gotta disagree here in the grand scheme of things. Going into New England and winning would be a huge symbolic victory regardless of the Miami result. McDermott has yet to beat BB and this would be a huge confidence builder. The Bills, along with MANY teams, seem to get caught up in the Patriots mystique when they play the Pats, especially in Foxborough. Get a dub, get that monkey off your back, and I think it shreds some of that mystique and portends good things going forward. I'm not generally into momentum/"confidence building" or any of that stuff, but this feels like a situation where it is applicable.

I agree. This could be a defining moment for this franchise. Imagine if they just absolutely smoked the patriots. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The Patriots are diminished, so even with a Bills win the national narrative will be more about their demise and the "is Brady done?" question. We just need to expect and accept that, and honestly, they have earned that attention. The question of their dynasty must be asked and evaluated when they lose Saturday.

Regardless, while it won't get as much press nationally, the story in this end of the world will be the changing of the guard at the top. The Pats may still win the division, but I believe a dominate Bills win signals the end to the AFC East as we have known it for the past 20 years. I think that is about to happen Saturday evening.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, CSBill said:

The Patriots are diminished, so even with a Bills win the national narrative will be more about their demise and the "is Brady done?" question. We just need to expect and accept that, and honestly, they have earned that attention. The question of their dynasty must be asked and evaluated when they lose Saturday.

Regardless, while it won't get as much press nationally, the story in this end of the world will be the changing of the guard at the top. The Pats may still win the division, but I believe a dominate Bills win signals the end to the AFC East as we have known it for the past 20 years. I think that is about to happen Saturday evening.

I think you are right. At first and people with lesser knowledge of the Bills will think it says more about NE than Buffalo. Ne’s three losses to this point have been bad ones to three playoff teams in the AFC. This Saturday the Bills make it a fourth bad defeat. It will show NE is exactly who they are, an average team with an over the hill QB and a HC who can no longer scheme his way to victories with the lack of talent he has assembled. 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I get a lot of Boston coverage where I live. His press conferences are pretty much always like this. I don’t think he wants to give the media the time of day.

It’s also weird because he does a show called All access I believe with Scott Zolak. And he talks up Football like you wouldn’t believe. It’s pretty impressive and insightful. Just the two of them together and for this week as an example they would illustrate a bunch of our plays and what their team has to prepare for. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life