Week 16 - Bills @ Patriots*** Line Bills (+7) [lets kick some ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​***]

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Does this Saturday game have anyone else #:;&&\ up when it comes to your daily Sunday game prep?

Man, it’s the holidays. The next 10 days are a party. Let the food and drink flow and the good times roll. A Bills win today will be a great present to a year already filled with many special gifts! 
Let’s  freaking goooooo!!!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

In the bigger picture, this game means very little. The Division title is only at stake for the Pats. Even if we win both remaining games and Pats* lose out, it’s just a banner for the stadium. We can’t earn a bye as the Pats likely won’t either. If we do win tomorrow, we’ll have to play our starters very deep into the Jets game as well for a chance at the banner, further exposing them to injury in consecutive virtually meaningless games. Then we play a week later for keeps. 

But, it’s the Patriots. So we’re gonna give it our best. It’s meaningless. We’re locked in at the 5 spot.

just food for thought.

The likelihood is small, but the Bills could still get the #2 seed if 4 games go there way .. they need to beat New England, we need to beat the Jets, Pats need to lose to the Amish Rifle, and the Chiefs need to lose one of their last two games.This would be a improbable outcome but not by any stretch impossible. Having recently seen the lowly Bengals surprise the Ravens who needed a victory to make the playoffs .. I am not writing off the opportunity ... BILLieve! Go Bills!

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

In the bigger picture, this game means very little. The Division title is only at stake for the Pats. Even if we win both remaining games and Pats* lose out, it’s just a banner for the stadium. We can’t earn a bye as the Pats likely won’t either. If we do win tomorrow, we’ll have to play our starters very deep into the Jets game as well for a chance at the banner, further exposing them to injury in consecutive virtually meaningless games. Then we play a week later for keeps. 

But, it’s the Patriots. So we’re gonna give it our best. It’s meaningless. We’re locked in at the 5 spot.

just food for thought.

I don't view it as meaningless at all

It shows this team plays to win period

Gives this team confidence heading into the playoffs

It has a small chance of winning the division

Winning the division gives us a home playoff game

Even not winning the vision has the chance of the Pats only getting the 3rd seed which means no bye for them and they would most likely play on the road if they win the WC game

None of that is meaningless to me

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

Very well done article from the Boston Herald .. on the Big brother relations between Pats and Bills..

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/12/20/little-brother-bills-are-growing-up-but-the-big-brother-patriots-still-know-how-to-take-them-down

Some highlights:

"Brady is clearly ailing — when Belichick acknowledges, as he did this week, that the injury has cost Brady practice time, you know his elbow issue isn’t an excuse but rather a serious problem. Josh McDaniels and Belichick are not going to ask Brady to carry them, or do anything close to that. He’s not capable of it right now. Instead, they’ll try to keep Sony Michel (89 yards against the Bengals) and the running game trending the right way "

" I don’t believe this is the week the Bills get that meaningful victory and the “mafia’’ comes out on top in the end. I can’t pick against Belichick and Brady in December, when something real is at stake. But it’s not going to be easy for the Patriots to prevail this time. The Bills are good. "

and a stat I found interesting:
" Allen has significantly cut back on his mistakes since the Patriots game: Since the loss, he’s thrown 15 touchdown passes to just three interceptions in a 10-game span. In the same stretch, Brady has 14 touchdown passes and six picks. "

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

just food for thought.

It would be our first AFC East title since 1995 and our first home playoff game since 1996.  I think it would be a very big deal to end both of those very long droughts. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am here to tell you my people... the fix WILL be in today...we WILL be fighting against the officials early in the game.  But if we can overcome it, and we CAN; it will be a beautiful thing!

Go Bills!!

I don't feel that will be the case anymore - the refs pushing for the Pats.

Logically, that ship has sailed. The league has to focus on FUTURE match-ups, rivalries, and "villans".

I think focus will be all on building the NEW stars of the NFL. 

The Pats are history as far as "favors" go...

This is based on my constant surprise while watching Pats games this year. Surprised at the number of penalties called against THEM (for a change).

Just a feeling...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

just food for thought.

The Pats currently have the bye. If we beat them it is likely that they lose the bye to KC. So there's more than a little at stake if we value knocking them down a peg. I think it is better for everyone if Brady doesn't have time to rest up that elbow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, cd1 said:

I don't feel that will be the case anymore - the refs pushing for the Pats.

Logically, that ship has sailed. The league has to focus on FUTURE match-ups, rivalries, and "villans".

I think focus will be all on building the NEW stars of the NFL. 

The Pats are history as far as "favors" go...

This is based on my constant surprise while watching Pats games this year. Surprised at the number of penalties called against THEM (for a change).

Just a feeling...

I was thinking the same. Bills are changing the national narrative and are a popular TV draw now. We’ll see in a few more hours...

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

just food for thought.

Why cant we get the bye?

We win out, finish 12-4

Pats lose out, finish 11-5

Chiefs drop 1, finish 11-5

texans Win out, finish 11-5

Ravens 1

Bills 2

seems unlikely, but not impossible.

Edited by whatdrought

16 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

just food for thought.

Lets win anyway :)