Week 16 - Bills @ Patriots*** Line Bills (+7) [lets kick some ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​***]

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/304409/playoff-bound-bills-showing-the-grit-and-formula-to-win-in-playoffs

Playoff-bound Bills showing the grit and formula to win in January

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills clinched their second playoff berth of this millennium and fourth 10-win season in the past 20 years by winning in playoff atmospheres.

The Week 15 win-and-you're-in road test against the Pittsburgh Steelers (8-6) had all the fixings of a postseason matchup and was the Bills' second nationally televised game in three weeks. They passed the test and hope it's a preview of what's to come.

"This is what playoff football is about -- which defense is going to break," Bills defensive tackle Jordan Phillips said after the 17-10 win against the Steelers.

Buffalo's defense ranks No. 3 behind those of the Patriots and 49ers in yards allowed per game (291.9) and No. 2 behind the Patriots' in points allowed (15.9) heading into Saturday's matchup. New England owns the tiebreaker with Buffalo based on their records against common opponents, so the Patriots can capture their 11th straight AFC East title by winning Saturday or in Week 17 at home against Miami (3-11).

Bills coach Sean McDermott, in his third year with the team, said he hopes there is a new standard in place for the franchise -- a standard that begins by not dwelling on any achievement.

cont'd 

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is this a game we “could win” or a game we “should win”?

I think its the most important game of the year!  Our whole season depends on it.    If we don't win then we haven't done anything but prove we're the same old Bills.

B-)

41 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think its the most important game of the year!  Our whole season depends on it.    If we don't win then we haven't done anything but prove we're the same old Bills.

B-)

my sarcasm meter is pinging left and right ... 

It's important to

1. get the damn monkey off of their backs (at least in the regular season)
  2. make them need to play their starters next week 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

my sarcasm meter is pinging left and right ... 

It's important to

1. get the damn monkey off of their backs (at least in the regular season)
  2. make them need to play their starters next week 

Yeah... Your sarcasm meter should be breaking.  I agree the game is important for a number of reasons.   

But it seems every week (although I haven't seen it this week), some one chimes in.... This is the most important game of the season!  That started in week one.   So i was just having some fun and making sure we all see it again.

• Like (+1) 1

In the grand scheme of things.................

this game really doesn't mean much at all because we all know the Bills are basically stuck in the number 5 position.

But, WE ALL KNOW, you, me, the players, the coaches, everyone ever associated with the Bills ARE TIRED of losing to the Patriots.

This obviously the best Bills team that Brady and BB have ever seen, but they still beat the Bills in week four, thanks MAINLY to a blocked punt and Allen being a dope for 2+ quarters.

For all that I just mentioned, this game is critically important, even though it has ZERO AFFECT in the standings.

39 minutes ago, Dan said:

B-)

I know there's a layer of sarcasm in your comments, but I've been completely irrational this year feeling like every week of the season is the most important game of the year.  I know that I felt it Week 1 against the Jets, Week 5 against the Titans, on Thanksgiving in Dallas and this week in Pittsburgh.

It's fun watching meaningful football again after what feels like 20 years of exhibition games.  

We are likely locked into the number 5 seed, so our playoff spot isn't moving unless we beat the Pats* and get some help from Fitzmagic.  I would much rather lose this game and outlast the Patriots* in the playoffs than the other way around.  However, we are all ready to knock off the Patriots and own the AFC East.  To walk into the Razor and walk out with a hard-fought W puts an exclamation point on the statement that the Bills are for real.  

2 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

I know there's a layer of sarcasm in your comments, but I've been completely irrational this year feeling like every week of the season is the most important game of the year.  I know that I felt it Week 1 against the Jets, Week 5 against the Titans, on Thanksgiving in Dallas and this week in Pittsburgh.

It's fun watching meaningful football again after what feels like 20 years of exhibition games.  

We are likely locked into the number 5 seed, so our playoff spot isn't moving unless we beat the Pats* and get some help from Fitzmagic.  I would much rather lose this game and outlast the Patriots* in the playoffs than the other way around.  However, we are all ready to knock off the Patriots and own the AFC East.  To walk into the Razor and walk out with a hard-fought W puts an exclamation point on the statement that the Bills are for real.  

I absolutely agree with you.   My only, albiet sarcastic, point is that people always say ..this is the most important game.  But the reality is they're..all..important.    And to the posters comment that I repsonded to... I think its a game we could win.  Not that we should, but could.  And hopefully will.  If this season has done anything.. Its proven to me that the Bills can play with and beat any team... Even the team in foxboro.   That.. Is a tremendous feat considering the past decades.

Yes, beating the snot out of this sniveling bunch of panszies would be awesome on so many levels.   I want nothing more this weekend than to see that.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Week 16... We have 6 depth players on IR, and 2 backup players on our Injury report... I know luck is part of it, but there's definitely more to it than that. Those facilities, and the medical training staff are playing a role. This out to be highlight #1 on our FA tour list.

Also, anyone else getting the sinking feeling of there being too much hype? Or is that my BBFS?

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah... Your sarcasm meter should be breaking.  I agree the game is important for a number of reasons.   

But it seems every week (although I haven't seen it this week), some one chimes in.... This is the most important game of the season!  That started in week one.   So i was just having some fun and making sure we all see it again.

Yes, and they were ALWAYS RIGHT!

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

In the grand scheme of things.................

this game really doesn't mean much at all because we all know the Bills are basically stuck in the number 5 position.

But, WE ALL KNOW, you, me, the players, the coaches, everyone ever associated with the Bills ARE TIRED of losing to the Patriots.

This obviously the best Bills team that Brady and BB have ever seen, but they still beat the Bills in week four, thanks MAINLY to a blocked punt and Allen being a dope for 2+ quarters.

For all that I just mentioned, this game is critically important, even though it has ZERO AFFECT in the standings.

It would be fun to see the Bills and Pats tied at 11-4 going into week 17. Put pressure on them to beat the fish. Who knows maybe the Dolphins pull off an upset but I do expect the Bills to play on WC weekend against the Texans most likely.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think the clinch put an end to the most important game of the season talk for now.  

And I get the Until they beat the Pats**** crap.  Git R Dun Buffalo!!!!!

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Week 16... We have 6 depth players on IR, and 2 backup players on our Injury report... I know luck is part of it, but there's definitely more to it than that. Those facilities, and the medical training staff are playing a role. This out to be highlight #1 on our FA tour list.

Also, anyone else getting the sinking feeling of there being too much hype? Or is that my BBFS?

The hype is real

I have been getting texts from non-Bills fans . One of them, a Packers fan, wrote that he is very interested in the game and that 49 states will be rooting for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The hype is real

I have been getting texts from non-Bills fans . One of them, a Packers fan, wrote that he is very interested in the game and that 49 states will be rooting for the Bills. 

I get that, I just worry that the more that tell us we can beat them, the less likely we are to... thats BBFS, right?

56 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. The facilities are world class, and will be a HUGE selling point...moreover, it'll be a great indicator to the organization of whether or not players place a premium on taking care of their bodies.

• Like (+1) 1