Week 16 - Bills @ Patriots*** Line Bills (+7) [lets kick some ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​***]

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Bills should be motivated to beat their rival and force them to the No 3 seed and make them play 3 games to get to the SB including at least one away...  

There is a lot riding on the game....

This is a pretty important game in my mind. Someone earlier mentioned it but a win in NE for our team would mean more than just a W. It would be an emotional lift, monkey off our back message that the changing of

the guard is happening.

It also forces the Pats to play their starters week 17 with the division in play. 

I like where we are as a team. We are confident, have some swagger that we can play and win on the road.

I hope our guys on defense physically abuse Tom this week and further send him into a shell back there. We have a nasty d line and I hope we play as nasty as they did in Pitt and Tennessee. Our offense seems to be in a much better place than it was since we met first time.

This is our time. Let’s do this! 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

The Patriots are diminished, so even with a Bills win the national narrative will be more about their demise and the "is Brady done?" question. We just need to expect and accept that, and honestly, they have earned that attention. The question of their dynasty must be asked and evaluated when they lose Saturday.

Regardless, while it won't get as much press nationally, the story in this end of the world will be the changing of the guard at the top. The Pats may still win the division, but I believe a dominate Bills win signals the end to the AFC East as we have known it for the past 20 years. I think that is about to happen Saturday evening.

Hell - someone has to "stick a fork in it" - I just hope it is the BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I can't get myself excited for this game at all. I'll watch and root for us but I'm not particularly interested in the result. I hope we are saving some of our trickier plays for the playoffs, don't put them on tape now. I can't convince myself that Miami will beat New England. So this feels almost like a preseason game.

Wow.  I usually disagree with your takes.  IMO you couldn’t be more wrong here.  For the first time in decades I feel like there’s a decent chance the Bills go in there and beat the daylights out of the Pats in their own house.  It’s precisely for the reason you mention - the game potentially doesn’t mean much in the standings for each team.  That should allow the Bills to play fast and have fun.  The Patriots, by contrast, seem miserable this year.

I have lots more to say about this game but I have to shower and go to work.  But I haven’t been this excited for a game in many years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Gotta disagree here in the grand scheme of things. Going into New England and winning would be a huge symbolic victory regardless of the Miami result. McDermott has yet to beat BB and this would be a huge confidence builder. The Bills, along with MANY teams, seem to get caught up in the Patriots mystique when they play the Pats, especially in Foxborough. Get a dub, get that monkey off your back, and I think it shreds some of that mystique and portends good things going forward. I'm not generally into momentum/"confidence building" or any of that stuff, but this feels like a situation where it is applicable.

I agree. They are gonna have to be road warriors through the playoffs if they want to advance.  What better way to gain some confidence that you can travel through the playoffs than with a win in arguably the hardest place to play as a visiting team? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wow.  I usually disagree with your takes.  IMO you couldn’t be more wrong here.  For the first time in decades I feel like there’s a decent chance the Bills go in there and beat the daylights out of the Pats in their own house.  It’s precisely for the reason you mention - the game potentially doesn’t mean much in the standings for each team.  That should allow the Bills to play fast and have fun.  The Patriots, by contrast, seem miserable this year.

I have lots more to say about this game but I have to shower and go to work.  But I haven’t been this excited for a game in many years.

Bills need to get this monkey off their backs.  I'm hopeful for a physically dominant beatdown of the Cheats.   Hope to hear lots of booing at Gillette on saturday

• Like (+1) 1

While I don't expect the Bills to win the division this is still an important game. Get the monkey off their back and beat the evil empire in an important game in their house is a big time confidence builder for the Bills. I also love the fact that NE is finally being challenged for the division. Over the past 20 years the Pats would look at the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins as three little speed bumps they would drive over a combined six times a year to another division title. Those days are over. Bills 20 Evil Empire 17.

I read through a thread for the game on a Patriots' message board.

I guess it should be expected, but Im surprised at how many people still dismiss the Bills out of hand and expect this to be the game that Brady and the offense finally break out.

There are a few reasonable posters who recognize this could be a really bad match-up at this point... and at least admit this could be a close game at a minimum.

19 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I read through a thread for the game on a Patriots' message board.

I guess it should be expected, but Im surprised at how many people still dismiss the Bills out of hand and expect this to be the game that Brady and the offense finally break out.

There are a few reasonable posters who recognize this could be a really bad match-up at this point... and at least admit this could be a close game at a minimum.

That’s as typical of Pats fans as it gets. They missed the fact that the Bills D played Baltimore better than theirs did. Not to mention Dallas, Pittsburgh, the Dolphins (!!), Washington (!!) and the Pats only won the first game due to a blocked punt. They, in general, don’t really pay attention to the league and are stuck in 2002-2016 when they had the talent to match Belichick’s schemes. This Bills team isn’t just good enough to beat them, it’s good enough to bury them.

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

That’s as typical of Pats fans as it gets. They missed the fact that the Bills D played Baltimore better than theirs did. Not to mention Dallas, Pittsburgh, the Dolphins (!!), Washington (!!) and the Pats only won the first game due to a blocked punt. They, in general, don’t really pay attention to the league and are stuck in 2002-2016 when they had the talent to match Belichick’s schemes. This Bills team isn’t just good enough to beat them, it’s good enough to bury them.

A blocked punt and a dirty hit on josh that knocked him out of the game. I still think we win the game at the end with Allen. Barkley made some nice throws but didn’t have Josh’s mobility to escape the rush

• Like (+1) 1

I fully expect us to win this game. Period. We are better than them all around. Our defense has gotten better - against better teams for the record - and their defense has regressed. Still a good unit, but not the world beaters they were for the first 6 weeks. Our offense is better too, period. We just have to execute. We WILL win this game. 

Too many people are writing off week 17 as "no way the dolphins beat the Patriots". The dolphins have played the patriots better than any other team has over the past 5 seasons, and Flores has motivation, Fitz has motivation, every player on their team auditioning for a spot next year (dolphins or elsewhere) has motivation. And the Patriots are washed up...I think itll be a game with the dolphins having a real shot to win.

THIS WEEK IS HUGE! Go in and take care of business! 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

61% of money on Bills right now..never a good trend , as public is always wrong. Having said that, i let that get in the way of betting the Bills last week, and now I am poorer for it!

I just took +240 on the Bills!

LOL  the idea is for the public to be always wrong.  Vegas isn't perfect 

On 12/16/2019 at 9:22 AM, BillsFanSD said:

We owe it to America to deny New England a first round bye.  Let's get it done.

Except one small area in the NE, the entire country will be rooting for our team Saturday.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, aristocrat said:

how are the pats 6.5 favs?  The pats are not playing well on offense.  Not sure I think we should be favorites but man. 

The standard +3 at home and then +3.5 because we never, ever win there. It seems like a proper line.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:04 PM, Nitro said:

Bills are ascending while NE is descending.  They are still a formidable foe.  The defense just as strong as the Bills.  Allen and the offense will have to be aggressive.  No three straight runs by Gore to the outside.   You can not waste downs in this game.  Play smart, secure the ball and accurate throws!  This can be a changing of the guard game.

I dunno. I think this will be another tight to the vest game by both teams. Play smart, turn-over free ball and take a few shots when they come. I see a low scoring affair. 

Bills 20, Pats 14

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LOL  the idea is for the public to be always wrong.  Vegas isn't perfect 

Not quite sure what you mean? The public is generally wrong, but must say this is the first time I can remember the public not be hugely on the Pats side, but i have not really looked at them to much in this current 5 game stretch.

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not quite sure what you mean? The public is generally wrong, but must say this is the first time I can remember the public not be hugely on the Pats side, but i have not really looked at them to much in this current 5 game stretch.

what I meant was sometimes the masses are correct   that is why you see the Bills record 9-4-1 ATS

• Awesome! (+1) 1