A brief history of "Renegade" and the Steelers

5 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

You are right.  I'm thinking of Damn Yankees.  Blades was in Night Ranger and Damn Yankess and Tommy Shaw sings a several Night Ranger songs when he tours with Blades.

Tommy Shaw is one of the most underappreciated guitarists imo.  He is fantastic.

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You can kinda see the action on the Bills sideline. Sad that the video cuts off right before the big shot to Brown..

You can definitely see the sideline bouncing and getting hyped up.  

On a side not did it bother anyone else that the hits on the video didn't line up to the music?  If this is your thing do it right!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can SO get behind this kind of stuff. While some of you like to hand the ball to the ref and act like you’ve been there, I like to dance on their grave. This team has “it.” 

On a side note if we are adopting any tradition (which I’m against 99.9999% of the time) I want “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from Anfield. There isn’t a tradition, in all of sports, that fits the way that would fit us. It is absolutely perfect. Can you imagine this scene right before the opening kickoff in Orchard Park?!? 

That song is terrible... Sounds like a church choir singing everyone to sleep.

We will likely  might be hosting the Steelers in 2020... Let's blow em out and then play Renegade as Josh takes the field to kneel it down.

**Edit: Before someone comes at me- I am changing likely to might as when we win the division, we'll be hosting the Ravens instead. 

Edited by whatdrought

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would rather have our own tradition and not steal (or Steel) one

As I noted in another post, this song was on the radio as I drove to work this morning and it seemed to fit this Bills team:

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/84211-the-pittsburgh-steelers-renegade-a-brief-history

The magic began January 5, 2002 during a playoff game against Cleveland. The Browns held a 17-7 halftime lead. By the beginning of the second half they stretched it out to 24-7........(crew played Renegade) As the slow, melodic intro echoed out across the depressed fans, everyone felt the sense of failure. Even the music controller gave up. 45 seconds later, the atmosphere changed. The screams of the song gave fans a needed wake up call, and the stadium became alive with excitement.  The crowd was back in the game, and the team responded. (...)Tommy Maddox followed by leading a 66-yard drive to pay dirt to cut the lead to 24-14.  (....) The final quarter was capped off by Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala’s touchdown run and Randle El’s pass to Jerame Tuman for the two-point conversion.

(....)

The song works. Teams have yet to score this year on a drive after "Renegade" is played.

Until now.

Apparently the Bills players were so used to and psyched up by that song that Phillips and Barkley were trolling the Steelers fans during it:

What's happening, Joe B, is that per Allen's presser, McDermott had that song played so much during practice that the guys got used to it.

So we went on down and scored.  PS Joe B, you can belly up for your Crow Pie portion for picking the Bills to lose any time now.....

SHOUT!

Wow - I had no idea about this... Thanks for posting!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can SO get behind this kind of stuff. While some of you like to hand the ball to the ref and act like you’ve been there, I like to dance on their grave. This team has “it.” 

On a side note if we are adopting any tradition (which I’m against 99.9999% of the time) I want “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from Anfield. There isn’t a tradition, in all of sports, that fits the way that would fit us. It is absolutely perfect. Can you imagine this scene right before the opening kickoff in Orchard Park?!? 

Yeah I’m here for it  too. It’s just like playing “Jump Around” at the Shoe while beating the tar out of Wisconsin or doing the o-h-I-o cheer around the big house. If you don’t want to get punked by the other team, don’t lose. The Steelers somehow were able to get Renegade played at the stub hub center when they went out to the play the chargers earlier this year to a place filled with their fans, they know all about shoving things in the opponents’ face. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I'm not biased or anything...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, elroy16 said:

McDermott is such a damn good coach. The way he prepares this team is miles ahead of what we've had in a long time. 

https://theathletic.com/1463729/2019/12/16/what-the-cameras-didnt-show-bills-came-prepared-to-own-the-steelers-hype-anthem/

I just wish there was some video footage of the Bills sideline. I'd love to see that.

Anyone have Bellicheks number?

if anyone had video of bills sideline he would. 

• Haha (+1) 1