Phillips embarasses Brandon Beane

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Do they cut Star and maybe Hughes and Murphy to resign Shaq and Jordan? That’s big money. But they earned it with hard work and buying into the process.

I never was a fan of Kobe and being a GS Warriors fan, I hated Shaq and Kobe.  Shaq and Jordan would’ve been a helluva duo though.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is great.  Brandon Beane talking to reporters and Phillips comes up to interrupt and give him Big Props:

Thanks Jordan....... now about that hometown discount..... 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I would think the guy from San Fran

And DeCosta in Baltimore. Obviously. 

I love Phillips.  What a reclamation project he's turned out to be.  What a find by Beane and Co.  I think he really like the whole process and culture thing gonig on in B'lo right now.  Seems to have really bought in from the get-go.  You could see it one the field immediately with all his energy and excitement.  That's the kind of energy you can feel through the television screen and it was clear he found a place he liked right away. 

How about them sacks?!?!  Someone please do the numbers.  How many sacks in his entire career vs. just this season?  He's having a monster of a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

First Phillips is a complete Jekyll and Hyde. On the field he plays like a wrecking ball and off the field he is calm, well spoken, and another good team guy. 
I want Phillips back but not sure it can happen with the money tied up with Star for next year. I also wonder if Harrison had stayed healthy how many sacks he would have now. Harrison seemed as if he was just coming into his own early this season before the knee gave out. That’s another concern, do the Bills hope Harrison’s knees hold up? Beane will make the right call, he has so far. 

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would expect he will be ecstatic to come back if they pay him fairly. 
However I don’t hold my breath. He’s earned big money, and if the Carolina days and time here with mcdermott have shown me anything it’s that they can really coach up some defensive tackles. Him and Shaq are the first real big test for Beane and what they preached about keeping your own. 
Do they cut Star and maybe Hughes and Murphy to resign Shaq and Jordan? That’s big money. But they earned it with hard work and buying into the process. Harrison coming back next year and Oliver looking explosive. This Taylor guy looking decent. Liuget playing well his few games. The next offseason will be very telling. I’m not even sure what I would prefer at this point. They have done an amazing job coaching defense and making all these guys play at a higher level. The same can’t be said for offense. Might need to put that money on established offensive playmakers again since they don’t seem to have the knack of elevating those guys play. 

I do agree. I’m not sure I can remember anyone ripping apart a team like he did. Trading away everyone of value and even cutting guys on rookie deals for what seemed like no reason. I thought he was half crazy. Now you see a team like Miami copying the blueprint to a certain extent. We begged for a compete tear down top to bottom in the Ralph era and finally got it. Beane was a great hire for the Pegulas 

I agree.  I totally disagreed with the roster purge, did not think it would work, made no sense getting rid of good players.  I will happily say I was wrong. 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

Lol he wants to get paid.

But as we know, we must let him go because he will become lazy once we pay him

Maybe under previous regimes but not this one.

This man truly loves playing in Buffalo for this team and for the fans.

His stats here have been amazing letting a guy like this walk sends the wrong message to every guy in the locker room.

I hope he is a Buffalo Bill until he retires :)

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Distorted One said:

I love Phillips.  What a reclamation project he's turned out to be.  What a find by Beane and Co.  I think he really like the whole process and culture thing gonig on in B'lo right now.  Seems to have really bought in from the get-go.  You could see it one the field immediately with all his energy and excitement.  That's the kind of energy you can feel through the television screen and it was clear he found a place he liked right away. 

How about them sacks?!?!  Someone please do the numbers.  How many sacks in his entire career vs. just this season?  He's having a monster of a year. 

9-1/2 this year, 15 for his career (including this year)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Oh he’s not angling for that next contract there is he??? Hahahaha Phillips has been an amazing steal for this team. And he’s making millions every single game for the next contract. Not a fan of his emotions getting the better of him at times but he is a helluva player 

PAY THE MAN!!

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

First Phillips is a complete Jekyll and Hyde. On the field he plays like a wrecking ball and off the field he is calm, well spoken, and another good team guy. 
I want Phillips back but not sure it can happen with the money tied up with Star for next year. I also wonder if Harrison had stayed healthy how many sacks he would have now. Harrison seemed as if he was just coming into his own early this season before the knee gave out. That’s another concern, do the Bills hope Harrison’s knees hold up? Beane will make the right call, he has so far. 

Harrison mostly plays star’s position, so probably not many sacks there.  

gotta bring back Lawson.  He’s our best DE.  He can have Murphy’s money and then some.   Would like to have Phillips back, but he is a bit redundant with Oliver.   

lots of guys are going to get paid, and deservedly so.  I’d rather sink the big cap space into guys who have been here than bring in FA with big bucks.  Much better for chemistry reasons, and the ones who put the work in deserve the reward. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He's got 9.5 sacks on the season...among DTs, only Aaron Donald has more (11.0). The next closest is DeForest Buckner with 6.5.

Phillips is 26 years old, and is a dangerous pass rusher that also happens to weigh 340 lbs. 

My estimated price tag on the open market: $15.5M per year.

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

Slightly off topic but still Phillips related.  Did anyone catch his PFF position rank during the defensive intro?  It was something like 100th...how the heck is that possible?

Bc PFF is a joke. According to them all our players are terrible.