Phillips embarasses Brandon Beane

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Pay him! He's worth every penny! 

We will have plenty of cap space

For a year...then Milano, Poyer, and Dawkins are FAs after 2020.

And Hyde and White are up after 2021.

They also need to add a pass rusher, corner, and WR this offseason.

Can't pat everyone...so who goes?

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And he asks a valid question-

I've gotta admit, in real time, I thought he jumped too soon. Seeing that replay and freezing it around the 0:15 mark, I realize he timed it perfectly.

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Too many moving parts right now to know.

Also got to wait to see which guys pick up their game for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think we can time it up...

Right now there's 80+ million in space

We have Hyde and White for 2 more seasons. When they are up Hughes and Murphy or even Star could be let go.

I would rather keep Phillips than Dawkins if we need to invest big $$

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Add through the draft, pay your guys. No need for splashy FAs. Just keep building the right way. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That could be tough then the 49ers sound like the smexy pick the media wants.

I would have a tough time voting for him this year because I think the jump this year from last year was really as big as it looks because they were going to be a much better team last year before the QB injury at the start of the year derailed their season. If that didn't happen, I think they are less of a surprise then their record is this season. Not that their GM hasn't done a great job so far since he started turning that team around, but just looking at last year to this year, they look much better because the injuries last season ruined their year.

The Bills on the other hand have made another big jump and have exceeded expectations so far this season, although just making the playoffs shouldn't be enough to give some one an award for GM of the year.

I guess Houston would be out of the running for this award since they have no GM, lol, they could give it to the Browns GM for winning the offseason!

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't think they pay Spain and slide Ford to LG.

I honestly don't know if they bring back Phillips.  Oliver is the future there.  We have Harrison Phillips coming back.  Star as well.  I want Phillips back but he's going to get a huge contract as a UFA.  Maybe Liguet comes back on a one year?

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

You're not ready for the spam

Doesn't sound like it.

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think we can time it up...

Right now there's 80+ million in space

We have Hyde and White for 2 more seasons. When they are up Hughes and Murphy or even Star could be let go.

I would rather keep Phillips than Dawkins if we need to invest big $$

It is definitely going to be an interesting offseason. I like Phillips but this staff is pretty successful developing defense. Going to be hard to not invest in established offensive players since they seem to lack development there. 
I have more confidence they can add 2-3 defensive tackles at 1/4 the salary Phillips will get and get similar production between them as opposed to rookie wide receivers or tackles they may not develop at all. 
Either way I don’t think I would be very mad if they retain our own. 

21 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He definitely has a point. But that is gonna cost him. They will fine him for criticizing the refs right or wrong. 

I don't know he phrased it pretty well saying what's been called on him showing a clip and just asking a question. Also I thought the thing he's been getting called on was getting too aggressive and lining up in the neutral zone.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We have the cap space to pay all of them.

Just now, Warcodered said:

I don't know he phrased it pretty well saying what's been called on him showing a clip and just asking a question. Also I thought the thing he's been getting called on was getting too aggressive and lining up in the neutral zone.

I like that he’s bringing attention to it. I would like to see more players and coaches take the fine and call out these refs. I do expect a fine though, the league expects everyone to stay hushed and not criticize or point out bad officiating especially on social media. With the Pats coming up in a monster game we already know the storm that’s coming from the officials. And we already know Hughes needs to bring a few jerseys to the game after the left tackle rips them to shreds holding. If it’s a badly officiated game again like Baltimore I would like to see buffalo take a stance against the officiating they have been getting. Granted I do feel the refs made it up to buffalo in the raven game cause there was atrocious calls on both teams. 

43 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

@Virgil was kind enough to do the leg work that the rest of us didnt want to do.

Long story short: We can re-sign and extend all our guys and STILL have over $30M in cap space for new, outside FAs.

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

@Virgil was kind enough to do the leg work that the rest of us didnt want to do.

Long story short: We can re-sign and extend all our guys and STILL have over $30M in cap space for new, outside FAs.

A few things here:

The numbers for Phillips and KJ are pretty extreme hometown discounts; I will be very surprised if those are the numbers.

The analysis doesn't account for future cap numbers for Tre, Poyer, Dawkins, and Milano. That's probably close to $50M alone.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A few things here:

The numbers for Phillips and KJ are pretty extreme hometown discounts; I will be very surprised if those are the numbers.

The analysis doesn't account for future cap numbers for Tre, Poyer, Dawkins, and Milano. That's probably close to $50M alone.

Fair enough, but given his analysis leaves us with $42.2M in cap I'm still low with the statement that we'll have $30M left over.

Add another $4M to Philips (from $11M to $15M), and Virgil's number is still $38.2M in cap space.

Dawkins and Milano are accounted for in that breakdown. Tre is not, and I think Beane will be prepping us to let both Poyer and Hyde walk after their contracts are up.

Either way, the point stands, we have plenty of money to sign any and every one of our own players if we want. And still have money left over for outside guys.

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I'll have to take a look. I'll also have to give some thought to whether I'd rather have Phillips at $15.5M plus Star's dead money hit or the cap space to sign others and a 3rd round comp pick.

I'm on record as saying he is my favorite player on the team so this is not an unbiased post but....

The Bills have so much cap space going into next year.  I think they can keep Star, Murphy, etc for another year and still do what they want.  There is no reason to create holes and swallow dead money when they have so much flexibility.  Star and Murphy can play next year then the dead space for star drops considerably while Murphy's contract is off the books.  I think they should only look at cutting players when they have cap troubles.  I don't see a reason to create a hole just to need to pay someone else to fill it.

For example Star's contract pays him 10.1 million next year which I agree is a lot.  Dead money is 7.8 million.  Can you find a better player for 2.3 million?  I don't think so.  Also cutting someone means signing someone which cuts into the comp formula.  I think this year they won't be quite as active but still doing some fa signing.  Comp picks are a year away still imo.

Sign Philips to 15.5 if that is what it takes, keep Star and Murphy, sign shaq to 9 million and you still have 65 million dollars to work with.  Draft a pass rusher to replace Murphy and Hughes after next year.  Just spit balling but I hate the idea of cutting guys for minimal savings when they don't need the money   

• Like (+1) 3