Phillips embarasses Brandon Beane

Oh he’s not angling for that next contract there is he??? Hahahaha Phillips has been an amazing steal for this team. And he’s making millions every single game for the next contract. Not a fan of his emotions getting the better of him at times but he is a helluva player 

• Like (+1) 12

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Oh he’s not angling for that next contract there is he??? Hahahaha Phillips has been an amazing steal for this team. And he’s making millions every single game for the next contract. Not a fan of his emotions getting the better of him at times but he is a helluva player 

Got to think he does want to be back here next year enjoys the room, the fans, and coaches put him in a position to succeed. The business side of this is going to be what it is but I think he definitely wants it to work out here.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is great.  Brandon Beane talking to reporters and Phillips comes up to interrupt and give him Big Props:

And, LAMP, I was lucky enough to get BB’s autograph back in training camp in Spartanburg :thumbsup:; very nice man and clearly competent in the FO—great hire Mr. Pegula!!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I realize that there are other contenders...but in all seriousness

THIS IS YOUR GM OF THE YEAR

Took a team purged it.......now we have over 90 million in cap space and we are on 10 wins for the first time in TWENTY YEARS

This is the guy

Who's he even competing with this year?

Just now, Warcodered said:

Got to think he does want to be back here next year enjoys the room, the fans, and coaches put him in a position to succeed. The business side of this is going to be what it is but I think he definitely wants it to work out here.

I would expect he will be ecstatic to come back if they pay him fairly. 
However I don’t hold my breath. He’s earned big money, and if the Carolina days and time here with mcdermott have shown me anything it’s that they can really coach up some defensive tackles. Him and Shaq are the first real big test for Beane and what they preached about keeping your own. 
Do they cut Star and maybe Hughes and Murphy to resign Shaq and Jordan? That’s big money. But they earned it with hard work and buying into the process. Harrison coming back next year and Oliver looking explosive. This Taylor guy looking decent. Liuget playing well his few games. The next offseason will be very telling. I’m not even sure what I would prefer at this point. They have done an amazing job coaching defense and making all these guys play at a higher level. The same can’t be said for offense. Might need to put that money on established offensive playmakers again since they don’t seem to have the knack of elevating those guys play. 

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I realize that there are other contenders...but in all seriousness

THIS IS YOUR GM OF THE YEAR

Took a team purged it.......now we have over 90 million in cap space and we are on 10 wins for the first time in TWENTY YEARS

This is the guy

I do agree. I’m not sure I can remember anyone ripping apart a team like he did. Trading away everyone of value and even cutting guys on rookie deals for what seemed like no reason. I thought he was half crazy. Now you see a team like Miami copying the blueprint to a certain extent. We begged for a compete tear down top to bottom in the Ralph era and finally got it. Beane was a great hire for the Pegulas 

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Phillips, if he had a chance, would cheer for Beane on the field. Nothing phony about him.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Who's he even competing with this year?

I think whomever is the non-GM in Houston.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep , but its impressive we are winning with a lot of no name guys, we are going to be scary when the talent on this team goes up.

The talent can go up on offense for sure, but defensively, we may be peaking right now.  Gonna have to pay a lot of guys over the next 2 years.  Pretty much every player in our rotation not named Hughes, Murphy or Lotulelei will be in for a substantial raise in their next contract 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yep , but its impressive we are winning with a lot of no name guys, we are going to be scary when the talent on this team goes up.

There are plenty of names, I for one was hoping for Mr. Hyde since I was watching any Green Bay game on TV.  

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I think the Bills have the necessary cap to sign him to a FA contract.  Where the Bills are going to get hit is to make 2 contracts on the line for Phillips and Lawson.

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Today, I noticed twice that he sacked/tackled, he made sure not to pounce on the guy. He walked away and celebrated. I was very encouraged by that, because those emotions had gotten him flagged just a few weeks ago.

• Like (+1) 2