Cris Collinsworth man

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Collinsworth is like a washing machine going back and forth back and forth on how good Josh played and how bad he is. 

I noticed the same thing. I like John Brown and all, but when are people going to realize that his increased production is due to Allen? Brown has not really been making spectacular grabs, Allen puts the ball right on the numbers more often than not. A lot of Brown’s production is on throws Allen makes that many other QBs can’t.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Let’s focus less on how annoying Collinsworth is and more on how we have earned the position to be featured on SNF. 

I recall Eagle fans wanting to kill Collinsworth after that super bowl broadcast, and they won!

He was baaaaaad in that game.  Whatever the Eagles did simply could not be called a touchdown.

8 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Here is my problem on what the announcers were saying during this broadcast. The steelers are on national TV like 5 times a year. Everyone knows their story. They are the six time Super Bowl Champs. The Rooney Family ownership. The terrible towel. Their coach Mike Tomlin was on the TV screen more times than I could count. How about talking about the Bills Owners. The Bills coach and Josh Allen. I heard the Duck ? word so many times I wanted to vomit. Bills get one Sunday night game in like 15 years. But no NBC is just going to talk about everything Pittsburgh. Why not let other football fans find out about who the Bills are and what their all about. Just a disgusting decision to broadcast it that way. 

I'm pretty convinced that if his name was just Jeff & he had no nickname we wouldn't have heard nearly as much praise...but I guess it's good TV to say duck?  ?‍♂️

What bothered me more was the drivel about the Steelers coaching legacy, the glory of the Rooney family, and meandering reminisces about days gone by--during the action! Forget analysis of the play that just happened and the one coming up, let's just have a cozy chat about the old days. Why is he considered a top analyst? Give me Romo any day. 

1 hour ago, pennstate10 said:

Stupidest thing he said was when TJ Watt caused a fumble. 

He said " that was pure hustle"

i rewatched the play. Watt ran, literally, 5 steps on the entire play. 

I was getting pretty tired of the TJ Watt talk.  I will certainly acknowledge that he's a great player having a great season but calm down a little bit.  I despise JJ Watt though so maybe I'm a little bit biased.

9 hours ago, hemma said:

When Al Michaels said the Bills were going to the playoffs, I think he may have been simultaneously scraping a dog turd off his shoe,

because he sounded disgusted by the moment.

Ha ha. I got that vibe too. 

They are so NOT used to seeing the Bills it's like they had flashbacks of their previous lives or something. But you guys will find anything to be mad about ha ha. The Bills won! PLAYOFFS

1 hour ago, eball said:

LOL.  Collinsworth's company is PFF, and they have a vested interest in Josh Allen not being a legitimate starter in the NFL.  It was so obvious.  That five minute "analysis" of Josh's interception was mind-numbing.  I've never seen anything like it.

That was insane. It was a pass thrown a little high, but probably could have been catchable. It happens ALL THE TIME but they were acting like it was the most obscene thing a QB has ever done on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

WOW !! Sounds like some of these Bills fans that roasted Collinsworth could be as good at being football announcers as they think they are at being a head coach or a scout for a NFL team, or a referee !!

Maybe all these fans missed the boat & should have been one of those professions instead of (insert profession here) ? or maybe they could just put Murph in his place ...

TRE DAY - TRE DAY - TRE DAY !!! Now that's football announcer ship at it's finest !! 

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

During the game at one point he said "The Steelers have won Championships with teams just like this something something 2006".  He made some points during the game about similarities between the teams.  

After the game he called the Bills 2-3 years away.  

It's not really out of the ordinary because he sucks most weeks.  Years ago when he started, I thought he was very good.  Once he got some hype he went douche and never came back.  

The Steelers were on a pretty nice run and playing excellent defense. The Bills ARE a couple of years away from being a true, perennial contender.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Collinsworth was looking to continue the Allen narrative & was giddy when Allen threw a terrible swing pass to Beasley & then a high though catchable pass that was intercepted.  Rounded it out with the low throw to Dimarco.  

Was he right?  Probabaly, however didn't say that they were catchable (& Brown Alligator armed a great pass).

Did he critique Duck at all?  Yes he said the second White Int was terrible, however did not seem as negative when talking about him.   

Not sure the interception was catchable.

People so much on the bad.  Pretty much all fans think he is against their team.  He did give White his due

I didn't mind the slight Pitt bias because Collinsworth did give props to plenty of Buffalo talent plus coaching, ownership and the fans. I just got tired of the yammering on about things other than specific play by play analysis. Too much gab while football is being played as if he and Al had more important things to say vs the importance of the play on the field. I just don't need to here him ramble on. Ear plugs please and Go Bills. Take down the cheaters in Foxboro then rest against the Jets.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

The Steelers were on a pretty nice run and playing excellent defense. The Bills ARE a couple of years away from being a true, perennial contender.

I completely disagree that going into last night's game you could view the Steelers as a championship contender and after the game view the Bills as 2-3 years away.  Either can be true but both cannot be true.

Couple things.

1. PFF hates Allen, so Collinsworth with ownership stake in PFF is going to parrot their talking points and he has ALL Year.

2.  Chris is very disgruntled from the ass beatings he took from the Bills as a Bengal so will never talk good about the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1