Cris Collinsworth man

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They snuck back into the race with three narrow wins against the Bengals, Browns and Cardinals while the Colts and Raiders were imploding.  It's not really a great story honestly.  It's a good story.  Our's is good too.

IMO any broadcast should talk in detail about both teams.  One positive was that there were only a few barely relevant Tom Brady butt kisses from CC tonight.  Usually there are 100 or so.

You’re impossible. They talked about buffalo plenty. I heard all about mcdermott and Allen and smoke and even a little singletary. Nobody else made plays on offense. You want them to talk about Morse? Or Foster? Knox? They both raved about the defense all night. Like what did you expect to hear? Some sort of rundown of our season? Some amazing wins we don’t really have outside of maybe Dallas? Just don’t get where they let you down so badly. They have sheets given to them of bullet points to cover by production. Mostly everything else is freelance. 

And lastly had buffalo really handled business tonight and built a nice lead they definitely would of filled more time talking about them. They won that’s all that matters but the Steelers should of never been in this game. 

Edited by Rc2catch

45 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Allen does often make his receivers make difficult catches, they're often stretching as much as the can. He does need to be more accurate.

I thought he had some good things to say about Allen. Like actual positive things. His best commentary was about Joshs footwork on some bad throws. Then on good throws he pointed out how good Josh can be when he gets those things right. 

Thought he was fair with JA tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Here is my problem on what the announcers were saying during this broadcast. The steelers are on national TV like 5 times a year. Everyone knows their story. They are the six time Super Bowl Champs. The Rooney Family ownership. The terrible towel. Their coach Mike Tomlin was on the TV screen more times than I could count. How about talking about the Bills Owners. The Bills coach and Josh Allen. I heard the Duck ? word so many times I wanted to vomit. Bills get one Sunday night game in like 15 years. But no NBC is just going to talk about everything Pittsburgh. Why not let other football fans find out about who the Bills are and what their all about. Just a disgusting decision to broadcast it that way. 

I learned they like Styx.  I didn't know that.  They spent 5 minutes reviewing that crappy song and never explained how it connects to the Steelers and why they play it.

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Some of you can’t stand the fact that the media doesn’t give us the same ball washing they do for other teams and players. It grinds gears so much. 

I didn’t have a problem with Collinsworth and can’t think of a time when I did. 

If Allen ever becomes one of the elite QBs then you’re going to love all the praise he gets from the same people you say you can’t stand.

How about when he said Allen’s base was widening on INT when it was actually narrowing?

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I thought he had some good things to say about Allen. Like actual positive things. His best commentary was about Joshs footwork on some bad throws. Then on good throws he pointed out how good Josh can be when he gets those things right. 

Except it was completely wrong, but hey

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

You’re impossible. They talked about buffalo plenty. I heard all about mcdermott and Allen and smoke and even a little singletary. Nobody else made plays on offense. You want them to talk about Morse? Or Foster? Knox? They both raved about the defense all night. Like what did you expect to hear? Some sort of rundown of our season? Some amazing wins we don’t really have outside of maybe Dallas? Just don’t get where they let you down so badly. They have sheets given to them of bullet points to cover by production. Mostly everything else is freelance. 

Aren't you the one who explained that they focused on the Steelers because the Steelers were the better story?  Now they focused on the Bills?

For Pete's sake the Bills rebuilt an entire roster in three years, are going to the playoffs and are well positioned for the future.  Those tidbits got 10% of the discussion time that Styx got.

22 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Here is my problem on what the announcers were saying during this broadcast. The steelers are on national TV like 5 times a year. Everyone knows their story. They are the six time Super Bowl Champs. The Rooney Family ownership. The terrible towel. Their coach Mike Tomlin was on the TV screen more times than I could count. How about talking about the Bills Owners. The Bills coach and Josh Allen. I heard the Duck ? word so many times I wanted to vomit. Bills get one Sunday night game in like 15 years. But no NBC is just going to talk about everything Pittsburgh. Why not let other football fans find out about who the Bills are and what their all about. Just a disgusting decision to broadcast it that way. 

JFC, we just clinched a playoff spot and your pissing yourself over not hearing enough about the Pegula's? They showed them once and i think Terry looked annoyed with Kim after she said something to him.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Aren't you the one who explained that they focused on the Steelers because the Steelers were the better story?  Now they focused on the Bills?

For Pete's sake the Bills rebuilt an entire roster in three years, are going to the playoffs and are well positioned for the future.  Those tidbits got 10% of the discussion time that Styx got.

When did I say they focused on the Bills? They talked about them plenty. You keep pointing all these things out like I don’t know the story lol. The point is no one in America cares that isn’t a bills fan. We are in the playoffs and still a joke. Look on Facebook, one and done all day long. And we will still be a joke nationally if Allen plays bad and we’re bounced right out. I live in Tennessee and you’d be shocked how many people don’t even know the bills are a pro team. Lot of “oh yeah I remember them now” when you tell them something. Meanwhile Pittsburgh has millions of bandwagon fans across the whole country. Until the Bills do something nobody gives two sh*** about this team or what they’ve done. Although we are impressed and happy mostly with the state of our team nobody else cares. We’ve had a great season all things considered so far and we’re barely even relevant still. 

1 hour ago, wvbillsfan said:

It was very clear he did zero homework on the Bills and generally went with the same propaganda most have gone with. Josh isn’t accurate that’s his issue. Wrs are too small. Buffalo has a very good defense blah blah blah. 

Oh, he was crap.  I finally muted the sound unless I needed to hear what a ref had to say

He was all over Washington and Hodges, while critiquing Allen's footwork and misfires and failing to recognize when Allen had good throws.

Then at the end I thought his "congratulatory" remarks about McDermott were very condescending, instead of "this is a well coached team and McDermott has turned it around" something about "imagine McDermott fighting for a spot on the William and Mary team and going up against Tomlin the star receiver and now he's doing the same thing" - AFTER we won.  ?

9 minutes ago, boco357 said:

I just hope he is as critical of Lamar Jackson, Mayfield and Darnold as well

Of course he won't be.  Lamar is the Flavor of the Year, Very fashionable right now.

Mayfield and Darnold are the touted golden boy top 3 picks.

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

I thought he was "out to lunch" but maybe that's just me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

I was just about to post this:

He harped on JA's perceived inaccuracy all night but said nothing about Hodges'.  Hodges doesn't throw long (that was a pretty good graphic about, what, 61 of his 80 throws were less than ten yards) because he's inaccurate and he throws looping softballs.  Washington does well with his throws because Washington gets open, not because Hodges zips lasers to him.  Where was the analysis on that?

Hodges is an undrafted rookie, not the 7th pick who is allegedly a franchise qb.   

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, he was crap.  I finally muted the sound unless I needed to hear what a ref had to say

He was all over Washington and Hodges, while critiquing Allen's footwork and misfires and failing to recognize when Allen had good throws.

Then at the end I thought his "congratulatory" remarks about McDermott were very condescending, instead of "this is a well coached team and McDermott has turned it around" something about "imagine McDermott fighting for a spot on the William and Mary team and going up against Tomlin the star receiver and now he's doing the same thing" - AFTER we won.  ?

Of course he won't be.  Lamar is the Flavor of the Year, Very fashionable right now.

Mayfield and Darnold are the touted golden boy top 3 picks.

Never even compliment Allen on the td pass. Just the call by Daboll. 

Collinsworth ain’t getting a spot on the bandwagon when we are 3-4 years from winning. Whatever the quote was he said. 

Best part of the game by far was 3rd and 8 and Collinsworth says ‘Bills will be conservative here, don’t want to risk a mistake from Allen, take the three points’ and I noticed Kraft was in and immediately yelled very loudly ‘***** YOU COLLINSWORTH’ when the ball was snapped and right on cue Allen hits him for the game winner. So good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know the Bills suffer from announcer bias as much as any team in the league but I don’t think I wanted to shut a guy up as much as I did this guy tonight...my goodness the guy was practically calling the game from the Steelers front office 

A lot of us have been saying that Collinsworth is awful for 10 years or so.  

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Hodges is an UDFA who is playing above any level he should be.  Allen is a first round draft pick.  First orund picks get more criticism and UDFA's get the feel good story approach.  

Collinsworth is a top 5 analyst probably second only to Romo.  Romo is the best by far. Then I would probably go with Daryl Johnston(hate Chris Myers though), Fouts, and either Archuleta or Jay Feely( he is rather good at game strategy).

Fouts?  FOUTS????

20 minutes ago, klos63 said:

JFC, we just clinched a playoff spot and your pissing yourself over not hearing enough about the Pegula's? They showed them once and i think Terry looked annoyed with Kim after she said something to him.

If Terry was annoyed it would seem a typical marital incident that gets dismissed quickly.

.....since the Bills won.

Edited by I am the egg man