Playoffs Round 1: Texans vs Titans

Process

Just going over scenarios....Indy would need an improbable win VS the Saints tommorrow, then a few more things to fall their way.....they are all but done.  Cleveland would need to win out (highly unlikely with a game VS the Ravens) or they are done.

In reality, the most likely opponent for the Bills is going to be the Texans.  Even if Texans L next week but win at Home VS TEN, they get the 4.  Unless Buffalo goes WW and NE goes LL, then Buff gets the 5.  Seems the most likely matchup is Buff @ Hou.   Buffalo could host with the 3 seed if KC goes WW, Buff goes WW and NE goes LL.  If you had the 3, you'd almost certainly host TEN or PIT.  

Your in the dance anything can happen.  Chiefs are offensively a scary team with the vertical threat they have but the Bills defense has been spot on.  Not sure they have faced a vertical threatening offense like the chiefs this year, phily would have to be the closest

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I like the Texans matchup. Tre on Hopkins. 
Fun times there. 
Tennessee is scary to me cause Derrick Henry is a monster and their defense is much better than Houston IMO 

I agree.

Ten is a smashmouth team that will grind you down.

I think the Texans can be scored on. A bit more dangerous offensively, but more so in the pass game, which is this teams strength.

Sign me up for Bills vs Texans

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not so sure Pats* will beat Miami in week 17. They hate NE* as much as the Jets and we do. Fitz has felt their rath throughout his career and is playing fearless. We make it a bizniz trip to bawstin then smack the jests. Fish may just give us the Division...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m not so sure Pats* will beat Miami in week 17. They hate NE* as much as the Jets and we do. Fitz has felt their rath throughout his career and is playing fearless. We make it a bizniz trip to bawstin then smack the jests. Fish may just give us the Division...

Got to agree.

Right now Bills are focusing everything on the Pats as they should be. Division is in play and  the 2 seed is as well. From a confidence standpoint, I think it would be huge to beat the Pats in NE on national TV in a meaningful game. McDermott is all about psychology and mindset. Love to go into the playoffs 12-4.

7 hours ago, Process said:

Would love the bills to go to New England and beat the crap out of Brady and think they can, but I think it's safe to assume we are not winning the division considering what needs to happen. 

So who do you want to see round 1? It's looking like it will be the Texans. They can clinch this week with a win and (/or?) a Titans loss. They are ahead one one game, have a much easier matchup next week than the Titans, and then get the Titans at home week 17. 

Titans have been hot but Texans have more talent on offense. Neither defense is great 

One big benefit to playing the Texans is Bill O'Brien. 

Just remember the Cinci/Ravens game :)

The Bengals had nothing to play for but pride they could have rolled over on the road packed their bags and went silently into the off season and no one would have batted an eye.

But they didn't and the rest is history :)

Maybe Fitzy still has a miracle in that middle aged arm.

He beat them at the Ralph after trailing 21-0 never say never.

If the Bills look after their business you just never know what can happen. :)

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

I would prefer the Titans, but we're going to get the Texans...

I think the AFC is wide open and any team is going to beat anybody  at home or on the road.  It is really exciting...It doesn't matter who we are going to play.  It is very unlikely to be Baltimore.