Props to McDermott and Beane for changing the culture

TheBrownBear

You can only play the games that are on your schedule.....

Some ppl are already looking to next year and how the schedule will be harder....but they dont take into account that this pretty young team will also be a year more into its system....with a qb with a year of progression....with another draft and free agency to upgrade offense.

15 minutes ago, Easterner said:

The number one reason the Bills are going to the playoffs is  a soft schedule.

They were supposed to run over the Steelers with the third 3rd string undrafted

QB. Yes McDermott is a outstanding Defensive Coach, bur not a lot of smarts

on the Offensive side. Same as most head coaches whose expertise lies on

one side of the ball.

Yes....I mean everyone has been running over the steelers.......just be evidence of something like 8 straight wins

Oh wait........

• Like (+1) 2

I am enjoying myself and congratulations to the Bills organization, but

facts are facts. There is a lot of parity in the NFL this year and on any

given day or night most all teams either can win or throw in a stinker.

Explain Atlanta beating San Francisco today. The Bills had a soft strength

of schedule this year and took advantage of it. That has nothing to do with 

a culture change.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Easterner said:

I am enjoying myself and congratulations to the Bills organization, but

facts are facts. There is a lot of parity in the NFL this year and on any

given day or night most all teams either can win or throw in a stinker.

Explain Atlanta beating San Francisco today. The Bills had a soft strength

of schedule this year and took advantage of it. That has nothing to do with 

a culture change.

You won't be here long enough to bother and converse with you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Easterner said:

one side of the ball.

I looked up “wet blanket” in the dictionary and this was the exact definition, word for word.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Easy schedule or not, they are winning the games.  Previous regimes around here have had opportunities, yet time after time found ways to lose meaningful games.  The 2019 Bills just walked into Pittsburgh in a primetime game with a playoff berth on the line.  They came out with the W when it mattered most.  That means something. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

You won't be here long enough to bother and converse with you.

You talkin’ to me?

You talkin’ to me?

You must be talkin’ to me.

I don’t see anyone else..

You talkin’ to me??

7 hours ago, Easterner said:

one side of the ball.

tick.. tick.. tick..

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. K said:

Built right with good coaches and management. Its awesome to have this team clinched for a playoff game and not a top 15 draft pick.

Lets go Bills!

Some of the "look at the formation" time outs could go do. The process is becoming the standard!

That's the "gamesmanship within the gamesmanship" as they call it.  If someone else who's good at explaining this stuff can please do so.  It'll be so much better than if I tried.  They're using these formation timeouts as strategy moves.  Showing one D formation in a certain situation and seeing how the opposing O reacts to use it against them later on in the game.  Someone else can explain it so much better than me.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Zero chance any of the Bills teams of the last 19 years win those nationally televised road games in Dallas and Pittsburgh.  Say what you will about his conservative nature, but McDermott has done a hell of a job of bringing this team together on and off the field.  These are tough dudes top to bottom.  Nobody will want to draw the Bills in the postseason. 

....pretty remarkable job.......and despite their vision being for the long haul, we are already reaping dividends......

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Great leader and I don’t doubt his ability to coach up a defense. However, his approach on offense needs a lot of work and attention if this team is going to be a legit contender on a yearly basis.

What I saw out of Josh last night is still some rawness. Feet not set/aimed right leading to poor throws. He has to learn to slide into the pocket and find the throwing lanes. The ball must come out of his hand a little higher- at 6’5” too many batted down passes. The kid is a gamer and has a great head on his shoulders with the will to win- intangibles you just cant teach. I am not so sure he is the guy but lets hope he fixes some things and becomes what his incredible talent set says he can be. We need him to play lights out in NE.

Edited by billsfan_34

Some people just want to be miserable. Easy schedule my ass, how many games in which it is close and the bills found a way to lose. This is a different team.  

Part of that is josh Allen’s winning mindset. He is our franchise qb.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Much credit and  heartfelt thanks need to go to the Pegulas. It all starts with them.  Their commitment to growing a winning culture in western New York has produced great results. To be sure, ownership has been a learning experience for them as well, and there have been some tough trials; but they have laid the foundation for a long-term, successful franchise for years to come.  Just a great day to be a fan of this team. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

What I saw out of Josh last night is still some rawness. Feet not set/aimed right leading to poor throws. He has to learn to slide into the pocket and find the throwing lanes. The ball must come out of his hand a little higher- at 6’5” too many batted down passes. The kid is a gamer and has a great head on his shoulders with the will to win- intangibles you just cant teach. I am not so sure he is the guy but lets hope he fixes some things and becomes what his incredible talent set says he can be. We need him to play lights out in NE.

..a very fair assessment....I think the fixes will come with time and maturity....think it's fair to consider last night's "stage"........game is flexed to SNF prime time before national audience....if Bflo wins, it will be the 2nd time THIS CENTURY we're in the playoffs.......think perhaps his adrenaline was a bit overflowin'?........I do......and not for himself, but for the team....

McDermott came in with a plan to build a football program and he has seen that through along with beane.  They have restored credibility and relevance to the franchise.  

In my mind, the drought really ended last night.  

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..a very fair assessment....I think the fixes will come with time and maturity....think it's fair to consider last night's "stage"........game is flexed to SNF prime time before national audience....if Bflo wins, it will be the 2nd time THIS CENTURY we're in the playoffs.......think perhaps his adrenaline was a bit overflowin'?........I do......and not for himself, but for the team....

I think he had periods where he wasn’t comfortable. Hopefully the more he does it the more he settles down. We got the W and now we need to play the Pats tough. Last nights game scared me more than the upcoming Pats game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I think he had periods where he wasn’t comfortable. Hopefully the more he does it the more he settles down. We got the W and now we need to play the Pats tough. Last nights game scared me more than the upcoming Pats game.

....our defense played the Patsies tough way back in week 4........I actually think our "D" has gotten better and more consistent, while the Pats offense/Brady have shown signs of wear and tear lately.....the Foxboro magic and automatic "W's" of yesteryear may not be a slam dunk this time....stay tuned.........

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, meazza said:

Some people just want to be miserable. Easy schedule my ass, how many games in which it is close and the bills found a way to lose. This is a different team.  

Part of that is josh Allen’s winning mindset. He is our franchise qb.

This. So much of this. ALL of this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This post is not about the x and os.  It's not about the draft.  It's about culture, attitude, perception, and a team winning in situations they used to find ways to lose.  Say what you will about how they are executing, and opinions vary, but you cannot deny a drastic improvement in culture.

• Like (+1) 1