Congrats to the Pegula family.

DC Tom

9 hours ago, Billznut said:

I wouldn’t give the Pegulas credit for any of this. At all. 

Why not?   Do you think it’s easy to walk into the NFL with no experience and no connections and compete with other ego driven sharks?  

Marone burned them.  They listened to Brandon and got burned (Rex Ryan) again.  They figured out Brandon and Whaley and got rid of the whole lot of them.  

They finally got some sound advice from somewhere, which led to hiring McDermott and Beane.  Who would you have hired?  Why not give them credit for hiring two very bright people to run the team?  

Why do they not deserve credit?  They are intelligent and classy people. Why not recognize their effort and commitment?  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Why not?   Do you think it’s easy to walk into the NFL with no experience and no connections and compete with other ego driven sharks?  

Marone burned them.  They listened to Brandon and got burned (Rex Ryan) again.  They figured out Brandon and Whaley and got rid of the whole lot of them.  

They finally got some sound advice from somewhere, which led to hiring McDermott and Beane.  Who would you have hired?  Why not give them credit for hiring two very bright people to run the team?  

Why do they not deserve credit?  They are intelligent and classy people. Why not recognize their effort and commitment?  

I agree with most of this and will add to it.  The way they treat their fans, players and employees is first class.  It's not that way everywhere in the NFL.  They are patient with the results but will pull the trigger and make changes when they realize that the right people are not in place, even when it costs them money to do so (Rex, for instance.) 

It's easy to blame these changes on "being in over their heads" or "inexperienced" owners but really its much the same as drafting a QB.  You look for traits that you think will matter and hope it works out.  Rex had some credibilty as to running the show but was mostly covered by b.s. and sabotaged by lack of attention to details.  You think Kim and Terry learned something about what traits are most important for a HC?

Once they get things right I doubt that their egos would be why they fail to keep it intact. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billznut said:

I wouldn’t give the Pegulas credit for any of this. At all. 

On a moron level it is a brilliant statement..., 

Without the “Ps” none of this happens, 

Go Bills!!!