Wk 15: SUNDAY NITE FOOTBALL! Bills at Steelers 8:20 on NBC PostGame Thread

1 hour ago, John in Jax said:

Great win, glad they won....but let's be honest, they only won because Pitt had a 4th stringer at QB. Most of the time, the Duck was just throwin' them up, and hoping his guy came down with it.

What a crappy post! I mean, I realize you live in Jax and I know it sucks here, but the Bills don’t suck. 

‘But Lets be honest’, since Josh Allen’s coming out party vs Miami in last seasons’ finale, the Bills are 15-4. FIFTEEN & Four! Count ‘em! Vs Miami, 4-0 Preseason, 10-4 & counting in the current season. Your ‘honesty’ is a sad sack perspective. My honesty?

FACT.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ALF said:

I'm thankful we did not play against a healthy Big Ben with AB and Bell . We are over due for a break to say the least.

And the Steelers are thankful they didn’t play Kelly, Thurman and Bruce.

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Tomlin gave the bills more credit in a 3 minute presser than the media did all week and leading up into finally winning. 

Tomlin is a class act. He always has been.

Edited by MDH
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Aren't you the same guy who back on Dec. 1 showed us your vast football knowledge by stating that there would be no way in h**l that the Steelers would be favored in this game!? Why, yes, YES you are. LOL

And they shouldn't have been. But it's gonna be OK, John. I promise. Just take your L and walk on.

• Like (+1) 1

Before the game even started we all knew this was a game that featured two very good defenses. One defense leads the league in sacks and turnovers. The other(Our defense) loves forcing the other team into passing situations and then bringing the heat.  With the Bills up by 7 and a rookie QB trying to win the game for the Steelers, what is the most productive way to win? Do you loosen up the offense and sling the rock against the fiercest pass rush in the league in an attempt to ice the game, or do you depend on the defense by eating as much clock as you can, knowing the other team will have no choice but to pass in order to win the game?

I know we all want more production out of our offense, but there is dumb and then there is well.....dumb.

BTW, some should go back and re-watch this game. The offense was not playing scared. If you look more closely, you see that Josh dropped back to pass several times in the 1st half. It looked like a clear attempt to set up some running plays. In the second half it was not a run up the gut for a TD, but a 15yd pass to a TE. There were moments when the offense played aggressively, but against a defense this good, you simply don't press your luck too much. You take what the defense gives you. You bide your time, play smart and don't leave yourself open to turnovers. Buffalo played a great defense last week. They played a great defense this week and they'll play another next week. This is about smart football and some folks really need to just step away from the ledge. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, TPS said:

What is impressive about this play is he is looking left the entire time to set it up. 

Exactly what I thought. Scans the field away from Play, steps up and throws a dart. A thing of beauty

Edited by london_bills

47 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

so Tj watt takes a full roundhouse swing at JA and misses the ball and and basically punches Josh in the gut...

while i doubt he caused Josh much pain...at what point does that type of move become a penalty 

It happened more than once.  It appears thats the way the Steelers teach it.

20 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

False narratives?  So my opinion differs from yours and it’s a false narrative?  It’s ugly that I think our defense isn’t perfect and needs some upgrades?  I’d expect more from a moderator to post a threat on the open forum to a person just stating an opinion in which other members have agreed with.  Highly recommend you attack the content of my post, not the poster moderator and quit abusing your positional authority as pathetic as it is. 

I disagreed with several of your post-game thoughts last night but I'm having a hard time finding fault with this one.

I think you accurately pinpointed the two spots where this defense could really use an upgrade and to be publicly threatened for holding that opinion is completely beyond the pale.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

C'mon. Singletary put the ball on the ground twice! That's what Gore is there for. He might not get the first down but he won't turn the ball over. That stupid holding penalty that stopped the clock was a bigger killer. They were going to burn off another minute there.

I was wondering why the clock did not restart before the snap. The penalty was declined.  That was big

23 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

False narratives?  So my opinion differs from yours and it’s a false narrative?  It’s ugly that I think our defense isn’t perfect and needs some upgrades?  I’d expect more from a moderator to post a threat on the open forum to a person just stating an opinion in which other members have agreed with.  Highly recommend you attack the content of my post, not the poster moderator and quit abusing your positional authority as pathetic as it is. 

I’ve read all of your 174 posts. You’ve come out of the gate proclaiming a holier than thou attitude which rubs everyone here the wrong way. You know this and it’s evident you thrive in it. My task is to weed out trouble-makers, not be your Welcoming Host. There are countless members here who’ve seen it all and built a strong posting reputation -whether positive or not. You will tone down your ‘fact-based analysis’ or you won’t last long. It’s called civility. Employ it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

We’re a couple drops and a few bad throws away from being very, very good. 

With the lead, our offensive play calling is conservative - like it’s always been... But i’d argue it’s slightly less conservative than it has been! So like, it’s Bob Dole now, but it was Pat Buchanan for years.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John in Jax said:

LOL. If you think that the Bills would have won that game last night if the Steelers had had Rothlisberger at QB, you're either drunk or high. ?

and you're sure he would have had a great game last night?

I thought we should have put more on Allen. More designed runs. More big throws.

I know alot of what we called was based around our defense and the philosophy that Hodges would make mistakes, but I still would have ramped it up.

The playcalling escapes me. No boot legs or naked boots. Screen execution still terrible.Got so conservative late. For a WC offense , no short passing game....

Allen had 2-3 bad throws the game. 

The Gore option was a headscratcher. 

• SDS unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Anyone else think Collinsworth is still walking around his house muttering to his dog that they should throw the ball to Washington?

Collinsworth was talking about how the Steelers might be positioned to go on a playoff run to the Super Bowl -- next play was Tre's first INT.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1