Wk 15: SUNDAY NITE FOOTBALL! Bills at Steelers 8:20 on NBC PostGame Thread

I don't like Bills games in American prime time. Today I woke up in the night at 4.40 AM Moscow time wtih alarm clock to watch game vs Steelers. I am falling asleep at the job now but I'm so glad for Bills to win and to clinch playoff spot with 2 games left! What an unusual feeling for a fan of this franchise! Congrats Bills fans and players from Russia with love!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm tired of waiting till the 4th qtr for this offense to show up. This is not sustainable. 

This may come as a shock but sometimes the other team is really good on defense too. Give the Steelers a little credit. McDermott trusted his defense against the Duck flinger.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This may come as a shock but sometimes the other team is really good on defense too. Give the Steelers a little credit. McDermott trusted his defense against the Duck flinger.

I am also wondering when fans are going to accept that this coaching staff and team doesn't mind playing tight games. And more often than not, they deliver when it matters. Browns and Ravens games are examples of us not delivering...but, we are 10-4 using that model. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PaattMaann said:

I am also wondering when fans are going to accept that this coaching staff and team doesn't mind playing tight games. And more often than not, they deliver when it matters. Browns and Ravens games are examples of us not delivering...but, we are 10-4 using that model. 

We're not that good in offense yet, so why take chances when you have a shut down defense? How is that not obvious?

41 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Great win, glad they won....but let's be honest, they only won because Pitt had a 4th stringer at QB. Most of the time, the Duck was just throwin' them up, and hoping his guy came down with it.

Ben, Rudolph...who's the third stringer?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Perhaps Dabol has figured out that Gore is not an outside runner?

I was screaming at the TV on those first two plays after the big TD return by Tre. Overall Daboll has done a solid job, but holy jeebus, right now if Gore is doing one cut it's one cut too many.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Finally won a game in Pittsburgh.

Only the second time EVER in the regular season.

I group these together because I think this preparation has become a Hallmark of McDermott's style. We might not win every game, but we almost never look unprepared for those games

I'll admit, the game had me screaming at the TV at times at bad play calls and stupid mistakes, but it's honestly hard to ask for more. The Bills held off a playoff contender, on the road, in primetime. It seemed like every time there was a 50/50 chance it went the Steelers way, but no one panicked.

Unlike Dallas, the Steelers are well coached and clearly showed up to play, and they have a style a lot like ours. Tomlin deserves credit for salvaging the season, and might have bought Big Ben another year or two. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I was screaming at the TV on those first two plays after the big TD return by Tre. Overall Daboll has done a solid job, but holy jeebus, right now if Gore is doing one cut it's one cut too many.

C'mon. Singletary put the ball on the ground twice! That's what Gore is there for. He might not get the first down but he won't turn the ball over. That stupid holding penalty that stopped the clock was a bigger killer. They were going to burn off another minute there.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

54 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Ok, l to be honest.  Duck won three NFL games in a row before playing our defense. 

We won won because we were better.  

LOL. If you think that the Bills would have won that game last night if the Steelers had had Rothlisberger at QB, you're either drunk or high. ?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know if anyone else caught it, but something happened that had me laughing my ass off last night. Al Michaels said something innocuous, but a split second after he said it, you could literally hear him panic and add context because it clicked in his head how it could be misinterpreted.

Not verbatim but he said something to the effect of  "Tremaine Edmunds is out here playing with a bunch of brothers....ummm... his actual family." ?

• Haha (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Take a lap

Aren't you the same guy who back on Dec. 1 showed us your vast football knowledge by stating that there would be no way in h**l that the Steelers would be favored in this game!? Why, yes, YES you are. LOL

22 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

C'mon. Singletary put the ball on the ground twice! That's what Gore is there for. He might not get the first down but he won't turn the ball over. That stupid holding penalty that stopped the clock was a bigger killer. They were going to burn off another minute there.

I don't mind Gore running. But he is best suited for downhill running. I think the phrase was "Wham block", or guards pulling to open up the B gap, but Gore just doesn't have the speed to go outside the tackle.