Wk 15: SUNDAY NITE FOOTBALL! Bills at Steelers 8:20 on NBC PostGame Thread

2 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Agree we need more offense. But I honestly thought it was part of the game plan this week. Keep it simple. Avoid mistakes and let Our defense beat their offense. 

the plan worked. 

Yes we got by, maybe I’m just used to the past where we would always lose these type of games, but it didn’t need to be this close and go down this way.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Are you happy with mediocracy, I super happy with the win. But if we can’t generate more offense, sustain drives at the end of games when we need to run out the clock , be smarter with our possessions? Were not going deep , if all your happy with is making the playoffs then good for you, I want a deep run , apparently your happy with just making it there...

My sentiments exactly meatloaf, well said! 

*180. But yeah, the McBeane regime is definitely night and day different than the Rex/Whaley regime.

He said he thought it was a party under Rex. You can see that this kid has really bought in. I’m hoping he gets a contract, and I have to believe he will. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Are you  happy with mediocracy, I super happy with the win. But if we can’t generate more offense, sustain drives at the end of games when we need to run out the clock , be smarter with our possessions? Were not going deep , if all your happy with is making the playoffs then good for you, I want a deep run , apparently your happy with just making it there...

I am happy to See a developing team moving in the right direction. We have a bright future.  

I stand by my assessment you are sad.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I could not believe the penalty called on Tremaine Edmunds for a facemask.  What on earth was the referee thinking?   Tremaine's hands were nowhere near the Pittsburgh player's facemask.  I hope the league gets a good look at that and calls the official on the carpet for it.  Fortunately, the Pittsburgh fumble meant the blown call did not become a factor in the game, but it certainly could have.

That was really really bad

8 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Are you  happy with mediocracy, I super happy with the win. But if we can’t generate more offense, sustain drives at the end of games when we need to run out the clock , be smarter with our possessions? Were not going deep , if all your happy with is making the playoffs then good for you, I want a deep run , apparently your happy with just making it there...

R-E-L-A-X

We all want a better offense. And their's no reason to think they won't be better next year. But this is year two of a complete overhaul of the offense. Year two for a young QB that was a big project coming out of the draft. This team is way ahead of schedule and that includes the young QB. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

he got one.  Their picks were Allen, Brown and White.

That's great.  Brown grabbing the fumble and defensing a possible INT were the heads-up plays of the game, plus his pass receptions

Allen I have mixed feelings about.  But he did make some clutch runs and hang on to the ball in the face of abuse by Watt.  He took some hits - some of them totally unnecessary on a play that should have been blown dead and roughing called if they persisted.  And, he did make some "big boy" throws.

Phillips deserves one I think.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I assume you are NOT  a Bills fan....because if you WERE you would be thrilled we have playoffs for 2nd time in 3 years for first time in 20 plus years!!!!

Sad, sad, sad existence.  Really just sad.  Man.

Edit...side note...grammar...holy cow.  Don't want to be that guy...but man.  Junior high at best.

Ooh typing fast on the phone and you sit there and grade people on grammar, you must be a treat at parties, didn’t realize this was a English class. You go ahead and be happy with just making the playoffs, I want a super bowl. Good for you and your low expectations....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Just got a warning for saying someone was pathetic, this isn’t worth it... I expect more from this offense cause I would like to go to the super bowl not just make the playoffs. I’m going to bed....

Good night.  I hope you dream of Payton  Manning and Drew Brees throwing touchdowns all night long.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Not even about that. You want to be critical, fine. Don't piss in everyone's Cheerios after a playoff clinching win against a good defense. 

I concur.  Zing is to get their attention.  Enjoy this instead of being a downer.

1 hour ago, Rbleyle said:

Our defense has holes in it.  We have zero edge pressure from the edge and our #2 CB can’t tackle to save his life.  Other than that they are great.  If we get a decent DE opposite of Hughes we will be dangerous 

Reconsider your membership here. It’s acceptable to be discouraged by poor play and letting victories slip away. It’s a glaring ugliness to create false narratives just to stand out.

Reconsider your membership, or I will.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1