Wk 15: SUNDAY NITE FOOTBALL! Bills at Steelers 8:20 on NBC PostGame Thread

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

His decisions in the red zone were a joke, almost cost us. His conservative approach at the end did the same. He doesn’t trust Allen , he’s killing us...

Killed us to 10-4 and clinching a playoff spot with 2 games to go

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Our #2 CB can't cover either.

What an awesome take after we clinch a playoff spot at 10-4! 

Let’s give it 24 hours before we trash how terrible our team is that made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years, after a 17 year drought. 

Edited by Augie
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rbleyle said:

You’re instigating instead of refuting my post.  You have said nothing to the contrary.  I’m not content barely beating an awful football team especially with the amount of mistakes we made.  I could care less about the playoffs, it’s the SB I want.

8 win team is awful?  A team that won 7 of their last 8.   One of the best defenses in the NFL.  Okay pal.  Whatever.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

That's a better win than you're giving it credit for. People don't walk out of that place with primtime wins in December very often.

It wasn't perfect and it wasn't pretty but it was clutch and it was gutsy enough it doesn't deserve to be crapped on.

Not crapping on the W, just not satisfied with player decision making and offensive play calls.  Way too conservative down the stretch.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rbleyle said:

You’re instigating instead of refuting my post.  You have said nothing to the contrary.  I’m not content barely beating an awful football team especially with the amount of mistakes we made.  I could care less about the playoffs, it’s the SB I want.

That was not an awful team. They have a top 5 D and the duck was 3-0 coming into this game—the fact is we are good enough to absorb a couple boneheaded mistakes here and there and still grind one out—in the words of an old O-line coach I had in DIII football, I’ll take that! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

Did you just say an aweful football team?  You know they have won like 8 games in a row right?

• Like (+1) 5

THANK GOD they won this game.  I'm mentally & physically exhausted.  I couldn't make it to the last game if that's what we needed to do to make the playoffs. 

Some observations:

*  That was an ugly game but it's exactly what we all expected.  The Steelers were playing well.  After an 0 - 3 start Pitt had gone 8 - 2 going into tonight's game.  Their defense is elite. 

*  The bottom line is that as a 9 - 4 team we went on the road and beat an 8 - 5 team to clinch a playoff spot.  That is  HUGE.

*  I'll admit that I lost hope about 10 times tonight but this team is resilient. 

*  The Bills defense took advantage of an inexperienced QB.  It won the game tonight.

*  But let's also tip our hat to the offense.  Sure they struggled for parts of this game but that last TD drive was a thing of beauty.  It was clutch as hell and Allen rose to the occasion with 2 of his best throws of the season. 

*  This is probably not the Bills year.  Next year is when I expect them to take off.  But my goodness they went 6 - 10 last season and now they stand at 10 - 4 and are in the playoffs!  And unlike 2017 where they backed into the postseason, tonight the Bills kicked the door in.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, Rbleyle said:

Not crapping on the W, just not satisfied with player decision making and offensive play calls.  Way too conservative down the stretch.

Are you kidding?  It's sad that you don't feel as awesome as most of us do.  This is the NFL and we went on the road and beat a very good team to EARN a place in the playoffs.  I feel bad for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Did you just say an aweful football team?  You know they have won like 8 games in a row right?

I’m wrong, they are not awful all around.  They have arguable the best defense in the NFL with the worst Offense.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you kidding?  It's sad that you don't feel as awesome as most of us do.  This is the NFL and we went on the road and beat a very good team to EARN a place in the playoffs.  I feel bad for you.

I’m sorry, mediocrity isn’t in my wheel house.  

3 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

I bet my truck that Daboll got two massive earfuls in his headset after that gawdawful sequence from the 10

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rbleyle said:

Guys,  we won the game.  We are in the Playoffs.   What is your problem!?!?