Week 15: Around the League

11 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I’m assuming we want Houston to win? Is that correct?

Yes.  

In the unlikely and unhappy event that we lose out, we want Tennessee to have also lost two of their last three games so they can't leap-frog us.  They get New Orleans next week.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, ogham26 said:

completely forgot about that game!  what a struggle that was for the offense.

It was, but there are few players remaining from that version. Defense had a pretty good game though, and offense still had a chance as limited as they were. Still, not completely unfamiliar territory for Allen. 

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Let’s hope not. HOU needs to regroup and Watson can win it for sure. Would be bad for the Bills if TEN wins imo 

Pulling for Houston sweep of Titans. That would mean Houston wins division, and Titans at best are 9-7. At worst Buffalo is 9-7 and is in over Tennessee vIA head to head.

Need Cleveland to lose one more, or Bills to win one more to feel more snug about things.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You know the league is going to punish the Bengals and the security guy who browbeat him. How dare he speak to him that way and not offer to get him a better view or bring him to the sidelines?

I think NE should play NE in this Super Bowl. That's what the shield ultimately wants. The rest of the league can go home.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed. 

But by the same token, if that scenario had played out, who would be playing right tackle for Buffalo with Nsekhe out tonight and the past few weeks?

I'm not sure Cody Ford us a strong argument for not getting Brown.

I was not in on the DK Metcalf train, I saw Stephon Hill all over again. But he hasaid had a very good rookie season.

Would rather have either than Cody Ford....

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Pulling for Houston sweep of Titans. That would mean Houston wins division, and Titans at best are 9-7. At worst Buffalo is 9-7 and is in over Tennessee vIA head to head.

Need Cleveland to lose one more, or Bills to win one more to feel more snug about things.

If Houston holds on to win this game, the Bills clinch a playoff spot if Tennessee, Indianapolis, Cleveland, and Oakland each lose one more game, starting now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

If Houston holds on to win this game, the Bills clinch a playoff spot if Tennessee, Indianapolis, Cleveland, and Oakland each lose one more game, starting now.

Which cant happen this week, but hopefully the colts and one of the raiders or browns will fall today too. Would make me feel a lot better going into tonight. Bbfs 

Edited by Jamie Nails
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I'm not sure Cody Ford us a strong argument for not getting Brown.

I was not in on the DK Metcalf train, I saw Stephon Hill all over again. But he hasaid had a very good rookie season.

Would rather have either than Cody Ford....

And again, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just asking a simple question. If the Bills passed on Ford and took a WR, who would be playing right tackle for Buffalo right now? Ford, for instance, was critical to the Bills victory over Denver.

2 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Which cant happen this week, but hopefully the colts and one of the raiders or browns will fall today too. Would make me feel a lot better going into tonight. Bbfs 

Obviously this is all academic because we're going to punch our own ticket tonight anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

And again, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just asking a simple question. If the Bills passed on Ford and took a WR, who would be playing right tackle for Buffalo right now? Ford, for instance, was critical to the Bills victory over Denver.

Ryan Bates or maybe they got someone else because they didn't get Ford.  There is no way to know.

I don't know why everyone's so worried about scoreboard watching right now. Win and Bills are in with atleast the 5th seed. They need a catastrophic collapse and 3 loses in a row to not make it, and including a few more things going against them. They are in, and if they can't win one of the next 3, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ryan Bates, or McDermott could have been kept, or even Mills as a backup.

Ford is a JAG at best at RT. All of the names above are too. No big loss.

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't know why everyone's so worried about scoreboard watching right now. Win and Bills are in with atleast the 5th seed. They need a catastrophic collapse and 3 loses in a row to not make it, and including a few more things going against them. They are in, and if they can't win one of the next 3, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs

And other teams losing gives us a path to the playoffs too just in case we lose out. A Titans loss here is huge for us. And a Browns and Raiders loss would be huge too.

Spare me the "if they lose out they don't deserve to be in" nonsense. I don't care how they get in.

Edited by suorangefan4

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ryan Bates or maybe they got someone else because they didn't get Ford.  There is no way to know.

It’s the whole butterfly effect.  Too hard to predict.  They take Metcalf and then maybe draft someone in the lower rounds or sign a player from another team they didn’t need with Ford.

Or maybe LaAdrian Waddle doesn’t get hurt and holds down the fort at RT.  

Needless to say, I don’t think it would impossible to find a replacement for Ford

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

umpteen years of habit is hard to break!