Is Josh Allen A Good Quarterback??? (Good Film Breakdown)

Scorp83

10 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

What JaCrispy is saying, and I agree, is that when a player like Daniel Jones has "those" games you know he has a strong future. The games where he is the major reason why the team scored a lot of points, 300+ yards, and mutiple TDs throwing in a game. You think that's sustainable and something you build on.

You can see him throwing the ball where only the receiver can catch it with anticipation and accuracy.

He had 4 of them in 12 starts as a rookie. Josh had 1 good game against Dallas and one half against the Texans. Jones's games were just superior as a passer.

Allen is not a traditional QB and I know we won 10 games but can anyone tell me if we didn't start Case Keenum we would have had the same record or better? I'm not sure, and that's the point I'm not sure if Allen is better than a journeyman in 2019. He has a lot to prove and he might make the jump.

Do you know the difference between a quarterback and a passer?

11 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

What JaCrispy is saying, and I agree, is that when a player like Daniel Jones has "those" games you know he has a strong future. The games where he is the major reason why the team scored a lot of points, 300+ yards, and mutiple TDs throwing in a game. You think that's sustainable and something you build on.

You can see him throwing the ball where only the receiver can catch it with anticipation and accuracy.

He had 4 of them in 12 starts as a rookie. Josh had 1 good game against Dallas and one half against the Texans. Jones's games were just superior as a passer.

Allen is not a traditional QB and I know we won 10 games but can anyone tell me if we didn't start Case Keenum we would have had the same record or better? I'm not sure, and that's the point I'm not sure if Allen is better than a journeyman in 2019. He has a lot to prove and he might make the jump.

You bumped a thread where the previous most recent post was JANUARY 4th - NOT to talk about the OP topic (Brett Kollman's interesting analysis of Allen's performance in the Ravens game-it's excellent - anyone who hasn't seen it yet should go look),  or even to quote a post in the thread - but to vaguely allude to a post while you reiterate stuff you could have said in 3 or 4 recently active Allen threads where you're already posting?  :flirt:  (Not an encouraged practice, even if the Kollman video deserves bumping).  It kind of looks troll-ish, but you can always prove me wrong.

For the entertainment of others reading, I present this video clip of Cole Beasley's 2019 highlights, this video clip of Dawson Knox 2019 highlights  (it's missing the Angry Run and a couple other good ones), and this video clip of John Brown 2019 highlights.  I put these up because Josh Allen highlights tend to focus on his runs.  If one watches Allen, one can actually see him throw the ball where only the receiver can catch it, with accuracy and yes, anticipation, in more than 1.5 games. 

For an honest discussion, you'd have to lay out the exact metrics which have you saying Jones had 4 good games and Allen 1.5.  Maybe Jones only had .75 of a good game vs. the Skins, or 0.66, or some other number?  (The Giants didn't score at all in the 4th while the Redskins scored 14 unanswered and came back to tie).  The point I would  make from the above linked clips is that the Dallas and "half the Houston game" don't particularly stand out here as games where Allen made throws he didn't make in other games.  It's not that Allen doesn't make those tight, contested and anticipatory throws every game; it's that he (and his WR) leave other plays on the field at times.

Keenum is an interesting QB conundrum.  He looked like crap on the Rams, looked good on the Vikings, not so good after Denver saw his Vikes performance & paid him.  Pat Shurmur is a high-level QB whisperer and a brilliant OC.   Foles had a brilliant season with him.  Sanchez had career best QB play for him.  Keenum looked good with him in Minn.  Jones played very well for Shurmur and Mike Shula last season.  If you watch Keenum closely, he is a "zip code thrower" who was bailed out a lot by Diggs 36" vertical leap and Theilen's catch radius during his best season.  I would say if we started Keenum, we would have had the same record or better - IF Shurmur were coaching here and if Diggs and Theilen came with him!!!!!  Otherwise, the Rams Denver and Washington vote "No"

It will be interesting to see how Jones does with a new OC and new QB coach in a new system.  Not sold on Garrett as a brilliant offensive mind and developer of young QB talent.   As for the Giants intro blurb on Jerry Schuplinski "he earned 3 Superbowl rings as assistant QB coach in NE" "he helped Ryan Fitzpatrick lead a rebuilding team to five wins" - hey, nothing says developer of young QB talent like coaching Tom Brady and 14 year vet Ryan Fitzpatrick, eh?  We'll see next season.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JPP said:

At this stage if you actually watched the games this past season he's obviously not an above average QB all around at this stage....but is good-decent......but has the potential no doubt....he will get even better next season.....work on that long ball and watch out!  I really dont see any regression at all....

He had the second most TDs by a QB in bills history

Any way you spin it that is above average

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You bumped a thread where the previous most recent post was JANUARY 4th - NOT to talk about the OP topic (Brett Kollman's interesting analysis of Allen's performance in the Ravens game-it's excellent - anyone who hasn't seen it yet should go look),  or even to quote a post in the thread - but to vaguely allude to a post while you reiterate stuff you could have said in 3 or 4 recently active Allen threads where you're already posting?  :flirt:  (Not an encouraged practice, even if the Kollman video deserves bumping).  It kind of looks troll-ish, but you can always prove me wrong.

I never once looked at the history of postings and dug this up, I thought I honestly found this on the 1st page. I believed, maybe mistakenly, that this was on the 1st page without giving it a 2nd thought as to the date. I've also noticed some threads disappearing and showing up 2 days later.

I honestly don't know how it happened and I apologize.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He had the second most TDs by a QB in bills history

Any way you spin it that is above average

No spinning....the only above avg QB was Kelly.....Tyrod-Flutie-Fitz were not where near above average....

It may not be a popular opinion but I'm very happy Daboll is back for a third year with Allen. I believe Allen's progression will continue with the same coach who I believe gets a very unfair shake on these boards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/4/2020 at 10:55 AM, StHustle said:

Mahomes fall of was due to injury. He was on fire before that. Also ended the season very strong. Only thing that will stop Lamar is injury. There is no figuring him out or some defense that will stop him. If you really watch him play and truly understand football you would know that. It's simply impossible to take away everything he does well and he can beat you with any of them. Combine that with the fact he takes care of the football and you know he is the real deal.

This particular post didn't age well.  Mike Vrabel and the Titans say "Hi".   Lamar may improve as a passer though, and not every defense in the league can copy Buffalo.

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

It may not be a popular opinion but I'm very happy Daboll is back for a third year with Allen. I believe Allen's progression will continue with the same coach who I believe gets a very unfair shake on these boards.

Did you put this in the "unpopular opinions" thread?  ?

12 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

I never once looked at the history of postings and dug this up, I thought I honestly found this on the 1st page. I believed, maybe mistakenly, that this was on the 1st page without giving it a 2nd thought as to the date. I've also noticed some threads disappearing and showing up 2 days later.

I honestly don't know how it happened and I apologize.

Just to be clear, it's totally fine to post on an old thread, but please be topical, don't just post a slight variant something you've been saying in several other current threads.  That looks campaign-y.   But since you're here, there is this little matter of the WR highlight clips I posted....

And again, the Brett Kollman Film Room thing in the OP is well worth reading

• Haha (+1) 1