Is Josh Allen A Good Quarterback??? (Good Film Breakdown)

Scorp83

I'm finally done this video...man. This made me love Josh Allen even more!  It's crazy the way he slowed up John Brown's last route at the end...man it was definitely a lazy route! & my goodness, the O-Line tripping over each other...didn't even notice that ???

• Like (+1) 3

Yes.  Allen came into the NFL incredibly raw and basically un-coached.  He improved by leaps and bounds over the course of his first season, took another big step forward during the off-season, and has continued to improve as this year has gone along.  He's currently playing at the level of "average NFL starter" which is nothing to write home about, but there's no reason to think that he's reached his ceiling and lots of reason to think that we can expect more in the future.

• Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Great Breakdown I wanted to share with the fanbase.

Check it out!

You're right, good piece, thanks for posting!  Very balanced -calls out some bad plays by Allen, some bad play by the OL, and some bad play by receivers.

This has some really, really good play assessment in there, including the legit football reason why Allen bailed from what looked like a good pocket on the throw Knox dropped

(hint: he was trying to manipulate the safety, who had the play diagnosed)

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Is Josh Allen A Good Quarterback??? (Good Film Breakdown)
43 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Check it out!

Brown should've had 2 tds last week one was on Allen that should've been a 75 yard td then he had a a route on that last play why didnt he break to the outside to get Peters to flip his hips before making his break??

14 minutes ago, MDH said:

Really good video.

Really bad thread title.

? ... Yea the mods just helped me with that thread title 

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're right, good piece, thanks for posting!  Very balanced -calls out some bad plays by Allen, some bad play by the OL, and some bad play by receivers.

This has some really, really good play assessment in there, including the legit football reason why Allen bailed from what looked like a good pocket on the throw Knox dropped

(hint: he was trying to manipulate the safety, who had the play diagnosed)

Right! I came away impressed how Earl Thomas read that play from the start... but at the same time definitely explained why Allen nailed out of the pocket... 

When we're watching it as fans in full speed, we don't see those nuances. But seeing it there...great play by Allen to draw Earl Thomas out a little...then talented enough to get it to Knox...who ended up dropping it Ughhhh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

? ... Yea the mods just helped me with that thread title 

We aim to please....(sometimes we miss)

4 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Right! I came away impressed how Earl Thomas read that play from the start... but at the same time definitely explained why Allen bailed out of the pocket... 

When we're watching it as fans in full speed, we don't see those nuances. But seeing it there...great play by Allen to draw Earl Thomas out a little...then talented enough to get it to Knox...who ended up dropping it Ughhhh.

Knox frustrates me so much.  He can be a Mauler at times blocking.  Then he can totally whiff, like he did on that strip sack block on Judon. 

He can bring in the high degree of difficulty catch.  Then he can drop the bunnies.

I need throat lozenges to make it through the game, and Knox is one reason why.

57 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Check it out!

I’m not sure it’s a “Great breakdown” as only our trolls don’t see the other aspects that cause ‘poor showings’ by Allen.

But it is appreciated for those who rarely see him play and accept the early narrative that he’s not going to ever be great.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Check it out!

Very good explanations and breakdown. 

Knowing Balt was and did bring the house many many times, I still didn't see any hot reads for Josh, WTF is Dumbell doing, trying to get his QB killed?

Edited by pop gun
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, pop gun said:

Very good explanations and breakdown. 

Knowing Balt was and did bring the house many many times, I still didn't see any hot reads for Josh, WTF is Dumbell doing, trying to get his QB killed?

Does seem like it sometimes, but at other times it was a total jailbreak on the pass protection.  Even a hot read had no chance.

Josh's ability to make guys miss and cover lapses in pass protection goes under-appreciated at times.  I think his ankle injury really hurt us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1